Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on July 5, 2012
This has no information in it that you cannot get for free anywhere on the Internet. It just tells you the basic info that most people already know. Eat right, exercise, and take antioxidants. It just draws it out. Nothing new here at all. Old information. I get tired of wasting money. My fault.

These days anyone can write a book. Everything can be researched by yourself for free.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
I am fair skinned, I have awful skin and I hate it. I saw Dr. Shamban on Dr. Ozz show and she talked about the book
and how it gives you recipes to help your skin. I was impressed and ordered the book straight away.
She gives you ways to help your skin inside and out. This is a great book to help you repair your tired, dry, spotty skin.
Good book with a lot of help I needed. If you have had cancer it gives you ways to help your skin heal.
Very good help for anyones skin problems. I give it an A plus.
on August 24, 2011
I love this book because it offers powerful, complex information in an easy-to-read, accessible way. It's so well-written that I enjoy reading through it, but I don't have to go cover to cover. The organization allows me to skip to what is important to me and gives me the understanding and tools to take action. So many great ideas, and the context to understand and remember what to do. Thank you, Dr. Ava!!
on September 1, 2011
great book...as an esthetician I found this book very helpful and a recommend read for anyone at any age especially those with skin issues
on April 3, 2016
I liked this book. I learned a lot about different ingredients and it was inspiring overall. I changed my skin routine as a result of this book. It took a few months to find the right mix of products, but my skin is definitely improving. The only drawback of the book is that some of it feels like "filler." I didn't read the chapter on exercise, for example. That seemed like a topic for a separate book altogether. What I liked best was where she got super specific about different skin conditions and exactly how to treat them and why certain ingredients help in different ways. She sometimes offered conflicting advice, so it wasn't all crystal clear, but she does provide depth, which I really appreciated.
on June 2, 2013
this book is full of great information! I know better how to treat my skin post menopause! I love it!
on June 6, 2011
The book is very user friendly and describes that various elements of healthy skin in a thorough, articulate, and interesting manner. Her advice offers a holistic approach to skin care that makes sense, given the obvious connection of one's skin to the entire body and to stress and other emotions. There are practical pieces of advice that anyone can follow for years, without advocating a complex regimen that would unravel in a few days. The "workbook" style is also very appealing, and the "recipes" for masks and other facial products, are a great touch.
on July 15, 2015
I went to school with Ava and wanted to get her book because I knew her. I am enjoying it and learning things that I did not know or needed to be reminded of.
on January 24, 2015
Great book ! Dr. Ava Shamban is the best !! Wonderful information ! She is so smart and health conscious !
on July 1, 2015
thought it would have some new information
nothing special