- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Celestial Arts; 1 edition (January 1, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781587613159
- ISBN-13: 978-1587613159
- ASIN: 1587613158
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 0.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 25 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #634,812 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Healing the Addictive Personality: Freeing Yourself from Addictive Patterns and Relationships Paperback – January 1, 2008
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
* This revised new edition of a self-help classic presents a spiritual approach to changing addictive behaviors and destructive relationship patterns. * Updates include new findings on the effects of neurochemistry on addiction. * Founded on teachings from A Course in Miracles, as well as firsthand personal and clinical experience.
From the Author
"Many people live in a self-imposed prison and don't even know it. I did. For years I was so busy building walls I did not see that I was imprisoning myself behind them. My addictive thinking and behavior became the bars of my cell. I denied feeling empty inside and instead looked for new things to acquire, substances to take, and goals to achieve in order to feel better about myself. Sometimes I felt momentarily free, powerful, and whole, but in the end my addictive cycle only compounded my loneliness and despair. If you recognize this pattern in yourself, this book is addressed to you. Today, I am able to tell you I now know what true freedom and happiness are and I offer the path that I intend to follow every day of my life."
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 25 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is not just for people who have addictive personalities either; it is certainly very useful for people who live with or love others with addictive personalities. It is also useful to gain a general understanding of where so many people are actually coming from. I have found it very helpful in my own work with others.