Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat, Full 24x36, Best for Quilting Sewing | Warp-Proof & Odorless (Not From China)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Cut Marks Heal in Seconds - Each cutting mat consists of 15 layers of self-healing compound, so it heals faster and the surface stays smooth for longer. Our mats are at least 25% heavier than those by Alvin, Olfa or Fiskars due to the higher material density produced by our proprietary manufacturing process
- Stays flat, Won't Warp or Crack - Our mats are made of sturdy, refined material that can withstand direct sunlight and will quickly recover even if not stored flat. Most multi-layer or thin boards can warp easily due to impurities in the material reacting differently to temperature and bending
- Certified Safe & Odorless - Compliant with EN 71-3, the newest European safety standards concerning Heavy Metals present in products children may come in contact with. We also eliminated VOCs so it won't stink up your room and there's no chemical residue left on your fabric and paper
- In Inches & cm, Double-Sided - Both Imperial and Metric guides are printed (one per side; see image 4), and we ensure the grid lines are accurate to help you measure and line up material easily
- Beginning Apr 2016, all our mats have full 24 x 36 grids - Ideal size for both beginning and seasoned quilters (especially if this is your first purchase) because you only need to fold yardage once and thus avoid those ugly 'dog legs' (grids: 24"x36"; thickness:0.1" or more; cutter & ruler Not included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Caution: Some Cutting Mats Are a Health Hazard!
Cutting mats made with untreated material (i.e. Chinese imports) are usually laden with toxic heavy metals and VOCs that can cause a variety of health issues...
Even buying a name brand mat is not without problems:
* Some crack, some warp and some don't self-heal as they're supposed to
* ... because most are now made in China too!
Ours Mats are Safe and Odorless: EN 71-3 Compliant (Newest EU Safety Standard)
Our mats were independently tested in 2016 to be EN 71-3 compliant (free of heavy metals and harmful chemicals). EN 71-3 is the most stringent chemical standard to date, published by the EU in 2015 for children's toys
Self-Healing, For Real
We are a several decade-old cutting mat specialist, and our 5-step manufacturing process produces high material density, so cut marks heal in seconds and your cutting mat stays smooth for years
Accurate Grid Markings on Both Sides (inches / cm)
We tested to ensure grid lines are accurate, and you get both metric (cm) and imperial (inches) measurements, one per side, for quick measuring & line-up
Now is a fantastic time to try our mats, because you get free extended warranty during this promotional period (ending soon)!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What you need to know: the mat advertised as 12x18 only has grid markings for 10.5x16.5 inches. This correlates to 27x42 cm on the reverse side. The mat advertised as being 24x36 only has grid markings for 22x34 inches; 56x86cm on the reverse side. There is a small border on all 4 sides on each mat, but it does not add up to the number of inches to equal the size that is advertised.
You also need to know: I was creating my own pattern and used a very small piece of wrapping paper tape to hold my pattern paper down while I was measuring and drawing lines. When I lifted the tape, some of the cm markings lifted off the mat.
In spite of the two issues I've had as related above, I still give this product 5 stars. These mats seem very well made, are thicker than others, self heal quickly, and have minimal odor that dissipated quickly. I will avoid using tape on any part of these mats in the future.
Hopefully this review is helpful as these mats are relatively new to the USA market.
My Olfa mats have markings on one side and are plain green on the other side. CalibreArt Mats have inch markings on one side and centimeter markings on the other side. Even though centimeter are not useful for me to quilting, they are useful when I just need to lay fabric on a straight line. I find double sided mat more useful than having a totally unlined side like Olfa mats.
One of Olfa mats does not lay flat, it has a bit of a wave which presses down when I cut. CalibreArt mat is much thicker and heavier, it lays totally flat. Calibre mat's thickness (measured with a digital calliper) is 0.115". Olfa mat's thickness is 0.062".
I got the large size (24" x 36") it covers almost my entire sewing table and it really makes cutting easier, I do not have to reposition and move the fabric. This is a very nice mat!
Can anything be improved? Yes. My Olfa mats show the measurements on all 4 sides of the mat. CalibreArt mat shows numbers only on the left and bottom. Sometimes the fabric covers the bottom and left side and it is harder the tell the measurements. It is a minor nit but I am including it in hope that the manufacturer is reading reviews and might make this great mat even better in the future.
Update 2/28/15: Manufacturer contacted to let me know that they will add additional measurement markers for these mats. Nice to hear when manufacturer is so responsive to customer suggestions.
Ali Julia review
My husband found the Calibre Art mats which advertise that they are emission free. The mats I ordered from Amazon arrived curled in the shipping box. These mats are thick and rigid. I wrote the company for advice about flattening the mats. They suggested warming in the sun to make the mats more pliable. I did this, then moved the mats inside to the large cutting table. They are now perfectly flat. Over the years I have used other self-healing mats for rotary cutting. They always performed okay but the Calibre Art mats seem superior to me. I cut fabric for 2 hours yesterday working on a paper piecing project. The mat shows absolutely no sign of all those short cuts made in almost the same place on the mat. The grid is marked on both sides & pretty easy to see through a cutting ruler. My only wish is that they made a mat even bigger than 24 x 36. Very happy with this purchase.