Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat, Full 12x18, Best for Quilting Sewing | Warp-Proof & Odorless (Not From China)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Cut Marks Heal in Seconds ⇒ Each piece consists of 15 layers of self-healing compound, so it heals faster and the surface stays smooth for longer. Our products are at least 17% ~ 35% heavier than those by Alvin, Olfa or Fiskars due to the higher material density produced by our proprietary manufacturing process
- Stays flat, Won't Warp or Crack ⇒ Our products are made of sturdy, refined material that can withstand direct sunlight and will quickly recover even if not stored flat. Most multi-layer or thin boards can warp easily due to impurities in the material reacting differently to temperature and bending
- Certified Safe & Odorless ⇒ Compliant with EN 71-3, the newest European safety standards concerning Heavy Metals present in products children may come in contact with. We also eliminated VOCs so it won't stink up your room and there's no chemical residue left on your fabric and paper
- In Inches & cm, Double-Sided ⇒ both Imperial and Metric guides are printed (one per side; see image #4), and we ensure the grid lines are accurate to help you measure and line up material easily
- Beginning Apr 2016, all our mats have full 12 x 18 grids - perfect size to choose for your second mat. Great for trimming smaller units and blocks, and to keep next to your machine (grids: 12"x18"; thickness:0.1" or more; cutter & ruler Not included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Caution: Some Cutting Mats Are a Health Hazard!
Cutting mats made with untreated material (i.e. Chinese imports) are usually laden with toxic heavy metals and VOCs that can cause a variety of health issues...
Even buying a name brand mat is not without problems:
* Some crack, some warp and some don't self-heal as they're supposed to
* ... because most are now made in China too!
Ours Mats are Safe and Odorless: EN 71-3 Compliant (Newest EU Safety Standard)
Our mats were independently tested in 2016 to be EN 71-3 compliant (free of heavy metals and harmful chemicals). EN 71-3 is the most stringent chemical standard to date, published by the EU in 2015 for children's toys
Self-Healing, For Real
We are a several decade-old cutting mat specialist, and our 5-step manufacturing process produces high material density, so cut marks heal in seconds and your cutting mat stays smooth for years
Accurate Grid Markings on Both Sides (inches / cm)
We tested to ensure grid lines are accurate, and you get both metric (cm) and imperial (inches) measurements, one per side, for quick measuring & line-up
Now is a fantastic time to try our mats, because you get free extended warranty during this promotional period (ending soon)!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My Olfa mats have markings on one side and are plain green on the other side. CalibreArt Mats have inch markings on one side and centimeter markings on the other side. Even though centimeter are not useful for me to quilting, they are useful when I just need to lay fabric on a straight line. I find double sided mat more useful than having a totally unlined side like Olfa mats.
One of Olfa mats does not lay flat, it has a bit of a wave which presses down when I cut. CalibreArt mat is much thicker and heavier, it lays totally flat. Calibre mat's thickness (measured with a digital calliper) is 0.115". Olfa mat's thickness is 0.062".
I got the large size (24" x 36") it covers almost my entire sewing table and it really makes cutting easier, I do not have to reposition and move the fabric. This is a very nice mat!
Can anything be improved? Yes. My Olfa mats show the measurements on all 4 sides of the mat. CalibreArt mat shows numbers only on the left and bottom. Sometimes the fabric covers the bottom and left side and it is harder the tell the measurements. It is a minor nit but I am including it in hope that the manufacturer is reading reviews and might make this great mat even better in the future.
Update 2/28/15: Manufacturer contacted to let me know that they will add additional measurement markers for these mats. Nice to hear when manufacturer is so responsive to customer suggestions.
Ali Julia review
HOW SELF HEALING MATS WORK:
The self healing ability is made up of polymer molecules within the layers that on a very small scale look similar to a pill capsule. When the rotary blade cuts them open a substance (similar to glue) is released that floods the cut and heals the surface. They can only do this once which is why repeat cuts in the same area lead to premenant damage causing them to be replaced over time. So, the larger the surface area= the greater the ability to prevent repeat cuts in the same area for as long as possible. Hence the importance of a double sided mat.
I use mats for extra-wide home decor fabric and things like hemming pre-made drapes. My old cutting mat had reached the end of its life. The self healing ability was mostly gone and it had become badly warped from storage in the closet & sitting next to my steam iron during a project. Before heading to the craft store I looked on amazon and decided to see if this mat lived up to the claims. So far, I’m very impressed!
What I look for in a cutting mat:
-Largest cutting area to prevent having to fold the drapes that lack a straight edge after laundering (such as the selvage edge of raw fabrics)
- Measurements on both sides allowing me to expend the life of the mat by flipping it over and still have the ability to line up fabric.
-Adequate self-healing capabilities.
1) The mat is numbered from 0-24 and 0-36” with a slight lip past!!! I noticed mats costing the same price (or more) that had # markings that were sometimes up to 3” short! From what I gather they claim the advertised size is the mats size and not the marking size.
-Cutting mats are one of the most expensive supplies for sewing & if the mats we buy in store (often for a lot less money) are the size they say they will be, why would online sellers market mats that are smaller? Anyways- I refuse to purchase a 24x36 that isn’t actually the correct size and was thrilled that this mat is the exact same size as my Fiskars!
2) It arrived in a huge box, plastic wrapped, and laying flat on the bottom. Mine does have a slight warping due to the cold morning weather & that the box was standing on its end but I have no doubt it will lay flat again once acclimated.
3) The numbering includes a 0 & 24/36 on the ends which makes it easier to glance down and find the cutting point. This may be a personal preference but my Fiskars mat number start @ the 1” and I find the 0” beginning makes it slightly easier.
3) The 30/45/60 degree angle guides are placed on the 36” width instead of the 24” side. This is great for larger pieces of fabric and cutting on the bias for piping. ~ There is an additional 45 degree line crossing through the others from 20” to 20” Although I’m not exactly sure what this is used for?
4) Quilters will probably appreciate the 20”x20” gridded square in the center of the mat. It’s located from the 10” to 30” markings on the 36” side and 0”-20” On the 24” side. (It’s also on both sides).
5) There is already a very helpful review showing the exact thickness measurement compared to other name brands but I will say; it really is substantial but not so thick it’s too heavy! Even during a rheumatoid arthritis flare up this mat won’t be too uncomfortably pick up lay out.
6) The “no skunk smell” claim is true! There is a very small amount of factory new-plastic smell once removed from the protective cover but I don’t believe it would bother even the most sensitive person.
7) Another reviewer mentioned numbers only being on the Left & Bottom sides- they have since updated this and there are now numbers on all 4 sides of the mat.
1) The Centimeter side will probably not be useful for many people. Since I use it to line up straight cuts its not really a con but it may be for others.
2) I wish the side’s were 2 different colors. If, like me, you store your mat when not in use the 2 colors make it easy to flip sides when getting it out next. However, the opposite side is in centimeters which makes it possible to flip.
3) The use of solid lines at the 1/2” & no guide lines for 1/4 and 3/4” markings. My mats in the past have used dot lines in between solid inch lines. This makes it extremely easy to line fabric up at the inch without having to double check markings.
-This mat has thicker lines every 5” so if you only need to line up for cutting these will be the easiest to use.
-If you need to line up on the 1/4” or 3/4” it would be impossible for fabric bigger than the quilters 20x20” grid area in the center (this is the only area has lines for the 1/4 & 3/4”).
4) The Numbers only read in one direction so if the mat is placed with the Mat symbol upside down the numbers will be upside down on both ends. I would have liked to see the numbers read in the direction of the edge so it can be used on all 4 sides without being upside down.
Most of you know that the best way to get a cheap quality mat is to wait for a sale at our local Craft store & stack a coupon bringing the discount to anything from 50-70% off retail. So, this mat may cost more but I HIGHLY recommend getting it anyways! Despite the few small things I’d change this is my favorite cutting mat purchase to date and I’ll definitely be back again in the future!
Most recent customer reviews
Thicker than any other cutting mat I've used.
Stays flat and in place.
Everything I wanted, needed, and more!