Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on February 12, 2017
I waited for 15 years to buy this book because it was priced at over $100. which is ridiculous to price a book that high.
I finally scored a used one at a reasonable price and I can say that it is a powerful way to heal yourself with breathing
techniques. You DO have to accept the you can heal this way, and be open minded to the journey to 'get there'.
on October 21, 2016
Not what I inspected.
This is more associated with yoga.
No mapping or detail of meridians or acupuncture points.

Wish doesn't go deep into the breathing methods, much at all..
on July 22, 2015
I really like this book. We all know that this is a stressful time in mankind's history, and stress causes shallow breathing, which causes low blood oxygen levels and is an ideal environment for disease to gain a foothold. Therefore: practice these deep breathing exercises daily, it's free, easy and doesn't take a lot of time.
on December 28, 2004
LOSE WEIGHT! REDUCE STRESS AND BLOOD PRESSURE! This is the easiest therapy I've ever tried! I take half the meds now and I've lost 22 pounds! AMAZING! ONLY 4 MONTHS TOO! When I bought this book I was a skeptic like most people but decided to actually do it, not just read about it. If the techniques only produce half of the results they claim it's a winner! I have high blood pressure (it's 135/90 was 158/101) and low back pain (still some pain but not as bad), caused from being overweight and never exercising. I'm not a "No Pain No Gain" type person! I hate exercising, I'm a Lazy-boy potato! In 4 month's I've cut my meds in half and hope to eliminate them completely. My doctor is scratching his head. I just turned 62 on December 14th! Sleeping is something I enjoy again! Here's the catch, YOU MUST ACTUALLY DO THE BREATHING TECHNIQUES PETER RANGER! Just reading the book isn't going to produce results! It's like "One Hand Clapping!" (i.e. Knowledge without Action makes no sound)
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2013
One must be careful when he or she evaluates a new product because a placebo effect can take place. There were many times when I evaluated some product in a positive way because I simply believed something was working for me. However, I now try to be very careful with all my products reviews. Here is my evaluations of some exercises:

1) Exercise for high blood pressure- it lowered my high blood pressure first time I tried it significantly. The second time it actually went up. I tried to do it for several days. The results were inconclusive. The jury is still out if it can be helpful or not.

2) Exercise to firm up stomach- I used it for several weeks. It did not do anything to my stomach. It is exactly the same beer belly I used to know. I have to admit that my diet is not very clean. I really hope the exercises in this book could help me without changing my diet very much. Here is what I got from practicing these miracle exercises- if you do not eat right and do not do traditional physical exercises, then these Chinese miracle exercises are not likely to help you.

3) Exercise for fatigue- It could be helpful, but it provided me with only short boosts of energy. These energy boosts lasted only 30-40 minutes. This exercise has to be done when your legs are crossed in a yoga-style position. It means that it has to be practiced at home and not in a work type of environment. Besides, if you are overweight, you might find it to be hard to sit in this yoga position. There are many supplements on the market with much better effect. Try your Power bar for a better effect!

4) Exercise to curb appetite- Could be useful if one is not really hungry. This exercise will not stop one from eating when he or she is starving. I noticed this exercise might reduce some sugar cravings sometimes. However, using 5-HTP supplement can be 100 times stronger for these problems than this exercise is.

5) Exercise for emotional problems (anger or agitation)- It did not do anything for me.

Overall, this book can be helpful. However, please do not expect miracles if your lifestyle is not healthy. At first, you might experience a placebo effect or even some improvement. This effect will not last too long if you do not make significant life changes. Also, this book has ONLY exercises for a LIMITED number of conditions. Nevertheless, I have to give a credit to its author for listing exercises to common health conditions. There are also no exercises to maintain a general health. It is my humble opinion that various supplements, such as 5-HTP work much better than these exercises do.
on September 18, 2005
Was somewhat leary at first, decided to give it a go.

Tried three of the breathing techniques so far, pleased with results. Hard to understand how just breathing properly can change things. The one for fatigue (page 101) is wonderful. Just follow the instructions in the book ( takes a bit of practice to get it right)and it will work. Highly recommend it.
on January 7, 2007
This book actually works! My systolic blood pressure was hovering at 143 (or above). It now (after only 4 DAYS) is at 111/62! I recommend this book to everyone, it does work! Also, the stiffness in my neck due to stress has improved by 85%. I just can't believe it. Dr. Xiuling is to be congratulated on her work. I can't say enough great things about it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
on January 22, 2016
These exercises are simple yet effective for relieving pain... it's all in the breathing and focusing techniques.
on January 5, 2017
No problems, arrived fine. Thank you.
on September 19, 2016
Not what I expected. Waste of money!