Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on February 4, 2014
Purchased this book for many reasons but primarily to understand how to treat health issues in our family with nutrients. Having multiple health issues including epilepsy, hypothyroidism, and more among family, this book is proving to be an invaluable resource for improving our health. I have MANY books on health, nutrition, supplements, and more and this is one of my absolute favorites.
on February 6, 2016
This book absolutely changed my life and health for the better.
If you read it and use the information contained therein you too may experience very, very positive results.
on April 23, 2013
This is a well researched book and written for even the layman to understand. Take it in small bites as it is scientific. My husband did the research as I asked him to pick me out an amino acid book and he felt this one was the most extensive. He is a scientist in a different field but he knows more than I do about science. All in all I am glad to have the book and recommend it.
on November 16, 2014
Although this is not a newly written book (it was last revised in 2003), it contains detailed information not readily found elsewhere, along with over a hundred pages of references. Excellent book!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 2, 2009
Very thorough, well written exposition of individual Amino Acids and their effects on the body. If you still remember your high school Biology, you'll remember that amino acids were defined as "the building blocks of life."

I started learning about their power for healing the body about two years ago, when I was trying to help my husband recover from a bout of crippling fatigue. Amino acids are components of protein and their targeted use can do amazing things for the body. You'll learn about l-carnitine, l-tryptophan, l-tyrosine & many others that can help you live a healthier, happier life in our high-stress modern world (filled with processed foods & unbalanced amino acid profiles).

The book is very detailed without being overly technical. It's easy to understand; it has been a priceless resource for me and will stay an integral part of my medical library forever. Highly recommended--get a copy while you can!
on December 26, 2012
It is simple. The whole body operates on protein components. Vitamins, minerals, and other proteins interact with proteins to make the body work. This book is No. 1 in explaining the importance of protein in the diet. Unlike vitamins and minerals normally proteins aren't supplemented. High quality foods that carry balanced protein feed the cells. Only NAC is recommended so it explains doesn't doctor. This is the book that gives you the real explanation on how the body works.
on May 15, 2017
im loving this book,,,so informative about each amino acid,,, I've never seen such detail before,,,i have many health books and really enjoy the uniqueness of this one,,,, so very glad I bought it,,
on September 25, 2014
This book is one of the best books I've read in a while. Had it sitting on the shelf for a year before I read it. Wish I read it a year ago! Nothing voodoo or anything about it. Just good ol nutrition.
on January 29, 2016
Good info, all of Dr. Braverman's books are excellent.
on December 27, 2016
great book to add to your library if you are all about health and nutrition...love it.