|Digital List Price:||$14.95|
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $6.95 (46%)
Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
My biggest problem is moving from my head into my body, however, I am slowly climbing mountains- and Dr. Levine's work is unique, unlike any other approach I've experienced. It's not easy and it's not supposed to be easy. Somatic Experiencing focuses directly on the work that needs to be done. To care about your body enough to go through mundane, extremely simple exercises and be dedicated.
In 3 years I had been to 13 different doctors in fields of psychology and neurology. I had only a few good experiences, and only in finding Somatic Experiencing have I discovered something radically different. It reminds me of what I learned in overcoming a visceral, biological anti-needle reaction. Your brain doesn't change until your body does.
It's not perfect, it's not easy, you may have the greatest doubts and least faith in the midst of these exercises. It might feel boring and uneventful, as if you are doing nothing and it doesn't feel traumatic or even real. But that is just part of how it is, when we are numb, stuck off, unaware, or stuck on, blind. There is no "wrong" way to do these exercises. At first I could feel that I was bad at them somehow, and I had to just keep doing it poorly to get through those bad parts and get better. Doing it poorly was freeing enough that it allowed me to get better. The difficulty of these exercises helped me realize that I don't have to have high standards or be so great at achieving this healing, I can take it much slower. For much of my life, I have been able to lean on my over-active mind as a crutch, a spontaneous creator. But to really learn, I have to struggle. It has to be uncomfortable.
I would recommend these exercises to anyone struggling to get out of repetitious habits, addictions, or struggling to gain autonomy & willpower.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Healing
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age & Spirituality > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Stress Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Alternative Therapies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Healing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Stress Management