Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Healing the Vegan Way: Plant-Based Eating for Optimal Health and Wellness Paperback – July 12, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
#1 Best Books for Vegans of 2016
If you're interested in how eating plants can heal your body and nourish your spirit, look no further. Mark Reinfeld is a superb guide on the journey. His recipes are fabulous and his wisdom reliable.”John Robbins, author of Diet For A New America, President of the Food Revolution Network
"Healing the Vegan Way is a rich document that goes clearly beyond a cookbook. It is a thorough scientific resource with excellent documentations surrounding great recipes."Hans A. Diehl, DrHSc, MPH, CNS, FACN Clinical Professor of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Loma Linda University
Founder, CHIP and Lifestyle Medicine Institute
"This guy can seriously cook. Went to a conference where Mark made all the meals, and incredible does not begin to describe the culinary experience. If the whole world had Mark as their chef, I would be out of business. His new recipe book is beautiful and practical."Dr. Garth Davis, author of Proteinaholic
"No one I know can make [culinary] magic happen better than Mark Reinfeld. In Healing the Vegan Way, Mark presents principles for creating a delicious menu that will help heal all the tissues and organs of the bodywhile also bringing delight to the tongue and palate. Bon appétit!"Michael Klaper, M.D.
"Healing the Vegan Way is a wonderfully written resource for anyone interested in the countless health benefits of a plant-based diet. Mark Reinfeld combines comprehensive expert testimonies with an extensive array of delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that will impress everyone at the table."Neal Barnard, MD
When plant foods are incorporated into healthy recipes and diets, they can play a critical role in treating and even reversing the common diseases we face today. Healing the Vegan Way is a valuable, practical guide that shows us the way to enjoy optimal health.” John Westerdahl, PhD, MPH, RD; Chair, Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Milwaukee Shepherd Express, 8/30/16
Healing the Vegan Way underlies the recipes with a message, and in this case, the title says it all. The selling point for [Mark Reinfeld's] whole-food, plant-based dietary agenda is the recipes themselves.”
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The part 2 is just amazing. There are 200 recipes, good for a whole year! You should try out ginger turmeric shooter. It’s like a magic potion. One of my other favorite was date glazed sweet potatoes. If someone says there is not much variety in vegan or vegan foods are bland, please do a favor and gift this book to them. You can count another convert from that time. For me veganism or eating a whole plant food is for 3 reasons – health, animal welfare and environment. How can one go wrong with this approach? The author has made a very strong case using data and recipes which are well tested and precise to make the transition very easy for people. People who are already following the lifestyle gets more reinforcement and more recipes! I strongly recommend this book.
If you read this far and love how food can help your health and (environment and animals), do check out the books in my library/audio book collections. These reaffirm and make it concrete why a whole food plant based diet is scientifically proven to be THE BEST for us. ENJOY YOUR NEW FOUND HEALTH.
1. Dr. Thomas Campbell, MD and Dr. T. Colin Campbell, PhD: The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet
2. Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr., PhD Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure
3. Dr. Garth Davis, MD: Proteinaholic: How Our Obsession with Meat Is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It
4. Dr. Michael Greger How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
5. Dr. John A. McDougall, MD: The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!
6. Rich Roll, The Plant Power Way
7. Dr. T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Howard Jacobson: Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
8. Gene Stone, Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health\
9. Dan Buettner, The Blue Zones Solution: Eating and Living Like the World's Healthiest People
10. Rich Roll: Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
11. Dr. Fred Bisci, Your Healthy Journey: Discover your body's full potential to change (87 yr old fit, 50 years on raw foods)
12. Sonia Faruqi – Project Animal Farm: An Accidental Journey into the Secret World of Farming and the Truth About Our Food
13. Keegan Kuhn, Kip Andersen– The Sustainability Secret: Rethinking Our Diet to Transform the World
14. Sailesh Rao, Carbon Dharma: The Occupation of Butterflies
15. Movie: Cowspiracy, has references to all facts relating to environmental impact and savings from adopting a WFPB diet.