Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on November 29, 2014
Mansfield's book is insightful and encouraging, especially for pastors or Christian leaders who have experienced abusive behavior in a church. His personal examples and biblical explanations help the reader to understand practical steps to overcoming the pain. It outlines the pathway from victim to victor.
on July 22, 2017
I deeply enjoyed this book. Provides great actionable prayers and steps to take as one works through church and ministry hurts. Initially when I read it, as the author suggests might happen, I felt resistance rising up in me to the messages and calls for forgiveness because I was still in pain and still am working through some hurts. I can confidently say I am glad I kept reading. This book is healing and helpful and I recommend it to anyone searching for healing from a church hurt or similar wound.
on July 15, 2014
Written with humor, authenticity, and validation and acknowledgment that this is probably one of the worse hurts/betrayals/surprises to overtake us------If you're tired of the pain, the anger, the bitterness, that we know we should not have, but just can't seem to get past.
If you're ready to do what it takes--including an introspective look at how WE have TAKEN the bait set out to entrap us,
If you are ready to be free, smile again, hope again, risk again --then THIS is the book. Every pastor should have 2. Every church should have it in their library.
on November 25, 2012
I found the book to be a quick read and full of insight. The author addresses several possible issues that could lead to church hurt and varied individual responses to the hurt. Not all apply to each individual but I would imagine anyone who's had church hurt will find something that rings true to their circumstances. I loaned it out to a friend and she found it also very helpful. Plan on reading it a second time to absorb more to help others as I minister to them.
on October 25, 2013
best book I have read on the subject in that it not only sympathized with my hurt and made me feel legitimate in my hurt, anger and disallusionment BUT also took me into some very practical steps in the healing and growth progress. It helps you move forward.
on April 10, 2014
Well written, straight to the heart of the issue and filled with Biblically sound advice/insight. Challenged me to truly examine my "church hurt" and learn. But most of all, it helped me realize my sin and the need to put Christ at the center again. Thank you!
on November 20, 2013
This book demonstrates how it is not possible to truly love God but not His people. Even though we may have been hurt by God's people, He still loves them and so must we if we truly love God.
on February 27, 2013
This is an excellent resource for the wounded believer. This book helped me to heal and move beyond the pain of Church hurt.
on February 15, 2012
Do you think you are the only one who has had to deal with being hurt by people in the church? Mr. Mansfield tells the details of people in history that have dealt with the hurt that people in the church can bring.

Do you think if we could only go back to the "perfect" church of the First Century, we wouldn't have problems of people being hurt? Mr. Mansfield tells about how a person's hurt caused a split between two very strong Christians during that time.

Do you think you can't ever be healed from your hurt? Mr. Mansfield tells about the process he went through to be healed.

Perhaps you haven't been hurt because of someone in the church. Maybe you've been hurt by someone else that you just can't forgive. Mr. Mansfield gives you three ideas of things you can do that will help you to forgive.

The author calls himself your coach. He will work through the process with you, but you are going to have to ask yourself some hard questions. He wants you to realize:

"The devil is trying to shape your life with wounding and offense in order to keep you from a life defined by the purposes of God."

Do you want to get back to a place of healing and be ready to be what God called you to be? This book is for you.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to post a review of it. However, I highly recommend this book. It is one of the best I've read within the past year.

Update: I purchased this item later for a cousin who was a member of a church that dissolved. I felt it would help her or someone she knew in the church.
on January 10, 2013
Having been through a lot of church hurt, I found this book convicting, challenging and inspiring. I would definitely recommend this book