Adventure Medical Kits World Travel First Aid Medical Supply Kit
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Adventure Medical Kits|
|Product Dimensions||6 x 5 x 4 inches; 1.6 Pounds|
|Included Components||World Travel Kit|
|Number of Pieces||92|
About this item
- Medical kit ccommodates 1-4 people for multiple days
- Includes a wide array of medications to treat stomach ailments, the most common travel ailment
- Visual Communication Tool enables you to get medical care in any language or far-flung locale
- Includes TSA-approved 3-1-1 bag for liquids and cosmetics
- The included Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine advises on best travel practices
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Adventure Medical Kits' World Travel First Aid Medical Supply Kit contains the medical supplies you need when traveling to remote locations where medical assistance may be hours or days away. Recommended for travel to developing nations, international relief work, or adventure travel involving high-risk activities, the World Travel first aid kit provides you with a full complement of emergency supplies as well as medications to treat common travel ailments including stomach upset, dehydration, pain, and allergies. Take this survival gear with you, to keep you prepared on your travels.
Product detailsSize:World Travel
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 5 x 4 inches; 1.6 Pounds
- Item model number : 0130-0425
- Department : Unisex-child
- Date First Available : January 12, 2004
- Manufacturer : Adventure Medical Kits
- ASIN : B0026MRZSK
- Best Sellers Rank: #223,738 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
This first aid kit is not meant to be a substitute for seeking professional medical care. Review contents of kit and instructions before using. Obtain training on first aid and CPR.
First aid for a group of 1-4 people for multiple days. The World Travel is recommended for travel to developing nations, international work relief, and adventure travel.
(10) Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3", (4) Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle, (1) Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 2", (3) Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2, (3) Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2, (2) Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3" x 4", (1) Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe, (1) Trauma Pad, 5" x 9", (1) Orange 2" x 2" Biohazard Label, (1) 5" x 8" Ziplock Baggie, (1) GlacierGel (Large Oval), (1) GlacierGel (Small Rectangular), (1) Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (14 pieces), (1) Pencil, (3) Safety Pins, (1) Bandage Scissors with Blunt Tip, (1) Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps, (2) Thermometer, Disposable, (1) 6" x 8" Bag, Plastic, (1) Comp. Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine, (1) Patient Assessment Form, (1) Visual Communication Tool, (4) Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2, (4) Antacid(Hydroxide Gel, Magnesium Hydroxide, Simethicone), Pkg./2, (4) Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg), (2) Oral Rehydration Salts (Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Trisodium, Citrate, Glucose Anhydrous), (2) Cold Medicine, Medicidin-D (Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Phenylephrine HCI), Pkg./2, (6) Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg), Pkg./1, (4) Diotame (Bismuth Subsalicylate), Pkg./2, (4) Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2, (2) Bottle, Plastic, 2oz., (1) Plastic Vial, Flip-top, Small, (6) Antiseptic Wipe, (2) Cotton Tip Applicator, Pkg./2, (1) Povidone Iodine, 3/4 oz., (1) Syringe, Irrigation, 10 cc, 18 Gauge Tip, (1) Cloth Tape, 1/2" x 10 Yards, (2) Skin Tac Topical Adhesive Wipe (Isopropyl Alcohol), (3) Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use (Bacitracin Zinc, Neomycin Sulfate, Polymyxin B Sulfate), (1) Wound Closure Strips, 1/4" x 4", Pkg./10
Review contents of kits and instructions before using. Obtain training on first aid and CPR.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Adventure Medical Kits Ultralight Watertight .5 Medical First Aid Kit
First Aid Only 299 Pieces All-Purpose First Aid Emergency Kit (FAO-442)
Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series Guide Medic Kit
Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series, Backpacker Medical Kit - 96 Pieces
Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pak Pro with QuikClot & Tourniquet
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Tall Ridge||Stock Your Home||Amazon.com||U.S. Retail||Defender Outdoors LLC||Brauerstern|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cons: No real effective treatment for blisters, Other than a piece of moleskin (uncut). Some of the medications were unfamiliar and the names of the effective ingredients were printed in teensy 2 point font in light pink. This is not a grab and go, this is an open and confirm that you can read and understand the writing. Many of the medications were made in China or India, and that's the meds I could read. For example, the cold medication said "Medique -- Medicinin-D" Well, that's all I could read, so I had to research to find this is a cold remedy. Other Commentary: For $80, it's a fancy bag. I also ordered two of the My Dog and Me kits for other family members who always travel with dogs, so I noticed some differences between the kits. The World Travel bag had a much better designed bag than the My Dog and Me kit. However, this World Travel bag had a large space for personal medications and toiletries. I found this sort of strange, since who stores their toiletries in their first aid kit? I plan to sub out all of the unclear medications made by Medique with standard brands that we can read. Also plan to beef up the blister part and add a separate trauma kit. Overall OK, but not perfect.
The kit is a well-conceived and well-implemented generalized kit for traveling, especially to where imperfect water or unfamiliar foods might give you problems. The kit has a very wide assortment of typical First Aid supplies as well as supplies oriented toward traveling. It does NOT have some of the items you might want if you are traveling to a more dangerous place or a place without readily accessible medical services. But, the kit has pockets into which you can put those things.
I added an AMK Dental Medic kit and an AMK Suture Syringe Medic kit. From other sources, I added a clotting sponge, some burn gel packets, a roll of self adhesive gauze, a triangular bandage, some more Blue Nitrile gloves, a small black Sharpie-style marker, and a combat-style tourniquet. Because my wife and I are traveling to the Caribbean, I tucked in some bug repellent wipes and bug-itch cream. The bag is "almost" big enough for all that. ;^)
I only have two smallish issues (hence only 4 stars), and one "wish" so far. First, the clear plastic used in the various pockets and pouches is very "grabby" or "sticky," and that makes it difficult to remove items and replace items. Granted, removing items is easier, and that's fine in the potential emergency. Second, the cloth along one side of the zipper on the main compartment was already separating from the zipper when the package arrived. This is a problem that will grow worse with usage and with stuffing more items into the pack. I will likely have to get out my kit repair kit and do a little sewing to halt/correct the separation. Overall, those are smallish issues when compared with the design, content, and volume of supplies that come in this kit, AND its ability to be tailored. My wish is that the kit were designed a bit more oversized for the supplies included so that additions won't "over stuff" the kit.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.