Healthworks Cacao Nibs Raw Organic (16 Ounces / 1 Pound) | Criollo Bean | Unsweetened Chocolate Substitute | Certified Organic | Keto, Vegan & Non-GMO | Antioxidant
- PREMIUM RAW, ORGANIC CACAO NIBS: Healthworks Cacao Nibs are made of morsels from the cacao bean. They have a deep & intense chocolate flavor which is a great addition to your daily meals and desserts. Grown and harvested from Peru, Healthworks Cacao Nibs are keto-friendly, vegan, kosher, non-GMO, and certified organic.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE & COUNTLESS USES: Healthworks Sugar Free Cacao Nibs/Nuts are a perfect addition to smoothies/drinks, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, baking cookies, ice-cream, trail mix, granola bars, coffee, snack foods, or as a chocolate chip alternative. Raw, Juicing, Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Clean Eating, Wellness, Active, Biohacking, Life Hacking, Yoga, Spiritual, Blending, Non-GMO, Plant Based.
- MANY BENEFITS & NUTRIENTS: A nutrient dense Superfood that contains a rich supply of plant-based antioxidants, dietary fiber, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and are low in carbohydrates and sugar. Containing Theobromine, a powerful stimulant naturally present in raw cacao, Healthworks Cacao Nibs provide an all-natural jitter-free energy boost similar to caffeine in coffee!
- CACAO VS. COCOA: Chocolate chips have been around for centuries with indigenous tribes treasuring the cacao bean for its nutritional and natural properties. Confused by many, cacao and cocoa have different characteristics. Common chocolate-based foods are derived from cacao seeds which come from the cacao plant. Healthworks Cacao nibs are naturally sun dried while cocoa nibs are made by roasting the beans at high temps.
- OUR MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee, No Questions Asked! We will offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product you have purchased from HEALTHWORKS directly.
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Healthworks Raw Organic Unsweetened Cacao Nibs are grown and harvested sustainably on small Peruvian farms to come to you in their purest, most nutrient-rich state. Healthworks Cacao Nibs are certified organic, pure, all-natural, vegan, and kosher.
Our cacao nibs are nutrient dense superfoods that come from peeled and crumbled cacao beans that are 100% raw and naturally fermented to remove phytic acid. The cacao nibs are then naturally sun-dried by our farmers in Peru. With a crunchy texture similar to a coffee bean, they provide a rich, pleasantly bitter chocolate flavor.
Cacao Nibs are known to contain theobromine, an energy booster which has a similar effect to caffeine. They also contain a rich supply of antioxidants, dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium and are low in carbohydrates and sugar.
Great with smoothies/drinks, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, cookies, ice-cream, trail mix, granola bars, coffee, snack foods, or as a fantastic chocolate chip substitute in any recipe for a tasty and fun meal!
Healthworks Raw Organic Unsweetened Cacao Nibs also go very well with Healthworks Cacao Powder, Chia Seeds, Maca Powder and Goji Berries.
Flavor: Cacao Nibs | Size: 16 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Organic Cacao Nibs
How to Indulge: Add cacao nibs to granola, smoothies, baked goods, yogurt, even ice cream for a boost of rich slightly bitter chocolate flavor and crunch. They are also great to enjoy on their own!
Organic Cacao nibs from the mountians of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Prepared locally in the mountains using traditional methods and pack in Miami, Florida. Packing does not look like the one in the picture.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Read the most recent Consumer Lab article on reviews of Cocoa Brands
This brand and bulletproof are the two top brands with highest amount of toxic metal exceeding .3 mcg/g cadmium- limit by World Health Organization.
UPDATE 2/26/16: After biting down on a second pebble/stone, I have decided to downgrade my review from three stars to two. Seriously... rocks in my cacao nibs???
Otherwise, the nibs are very flavorful, but now the caution with which I am eating them and having to pick through them makes the entire experience less enjoyable.
So the reason I tried this was because I was blinded by the good reviews and price point. When I opened the bag, honestly, it didn't smell like I was expecting it too, but since it was my first time trying cacao I thought this is what it must smell like (I was COMPLETELY wrong).
I mixed this cacao with a Banana, Hemp Powder, Coconut sugar and water. About 40 minutes later I had a very bad stomach ache. I thought it might have just been me but it wasn't. Other people that I gave the same smoothie were feeling the same thing and it was bad. Ab contracting bad. I normally have this smoothie without the cacao and I'm fine but with it, horrible stomach pain. I started doing more research on the product and found I'm not the only one that had this same issue (Look in the comments).
As I started doing my research into this issue, I noticed there are also some questionable issues with the company and the product. If you look at the picture attached, the package I received said my Cacao was from 'Latin America'.... yes you read that right LATIN AMERICA. Does the company not realize there are a lot of countries in Latin America? On top of that, country of origin is very important especially with Cacao. Depending on where it comes from could mean you are getting real cacao (Criollo, Forastero, Trinitario) or low quality cacao (CCN51 hybrids). If you want the legit benefits from Cacao, (Like I do) you want to get a better quality one.
As for the company, from the comments and their website (Which hasn't been updated since 2013 at the time of this post) they aren't US Based. From the comments, they are based in Asia. Which wouldn't be an issue but they provide *0* transparency about this product, so it IS an issue.
TL;DR version: This product caused me serious stomach aches and I'm not the first one to say something about this (Look in the comments). Avoid this Cacao at ALL costs. And honestly, with what people are saying about the company (Very unresponsive, based in Asia and not the US), I would be cautious to purchase anything from them.
Better Cacao's I've tried: TruVibe 100% Organic Raw Cacao Powder, Fair Trade, 1lb (16oz), Criollo Cacao Variety (Good) Cacao Powder Raw Organic, Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder Unsweetened, 1LB, Highest Antioxidant Superfood,100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. (Best I've found on Amazon, more expensive but really worth it.)
I re-posted this review so I could include images. (Amazon needs to fix that!)
Top international reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.