|Price:||$10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Healthworks Cacao Nibs Raw Organic, 1lb
- A treat you will surely love- Healthworks USDA Certified Organic Cacao Nibs is a superfood that you will truly treasure. This healthy treat can help satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- Many ways to enjoy! Try our Cacao Nibs in smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, ice-cream, trail mix, snack food, or as a chocolate chip alternative.
- A nutrient dense energy boost! Cacao Nibs contain high amounts of theobromine which has similar effects to caffeine for healthy jump during your day!
- Contains a rich supply of antioxidants, dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium and are low in carbohydrates and sugar.
- Healthworks 100% Satisfaction Promise: Get a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Healthworks 100 percent Raw Cacao Nibs
Nutrient Dense Superfood
Cacao is a tropical tree native to Central and South America. Its fruit is best known as chocolate’s main ingredient, though it is increasingly consumed for its nutritional value as well as its taste.
Healthworks USDA Certified Organic 100% Raw Cacao Nibs
A Strong Antioxidant!
The base of everything chocolate - a cacao nib is a cacao bean that’s been chopped and broken into very small pieces. Cacao Nibs contain high amounts of theobromine which has similar effects to caffeine. They also contain a rich supply of antioxidants, dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium and are low in carbohydrates and sugar. Healthworks Cacao Nibs are grown and harvested sustainably on small Peruvian farms and come to you in their purest, most nutrient-rich state. Healthworks Cacao Nibs are 100% USDA Certified Organic, pure, and raw.
Our Customer Satisfaction Promise: We love our Cacao Nibs and stand behind them; Receive a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied.
- Baked Goods
- Ice Cream
- They are also great to enjoy on their own!
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup rye flakes
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup pecans or other nuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup raisins
2 dates, chopped
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 tablespoons Healthworks Cacao Nibs
1. In a bowl combine oats, rye flakes, dried fruit, nuts, and cacao nibs. Mix well.
2. Store muesli in an airtight container. If you include the flaxseeds and dates, store in fridge, otherwise it keeps for 2 months at room temperature.
If you include the flaxseeds and dates, store in fridge, otherwise it keeps for 2 months at room temperature.
Cacao Banana Recovery Smoothie
1 1/2 cup frozen banana, peeled and chopped
4 dates, pitted and soaked for 10-20 mins.
1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon Healthworks Cacao Nibs, more for garnish (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
coconut flakes, garnish (optional)
1. Place all ingredients except for garnish in a blender (preferably high-speed), and puree until completely smooth. Beware of Date Chunks.
2. Pour into a large glass, garnish with coconut flakes and cacao nibs.
Coconut and Cacao Nib Pancakes
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp all natural halzelnut butter
7 egg whites
1/4 cup water
1 tsp Healthworks Cacao Nibs
1 tbsp Healthworks Cacao Nibs
1-2 tsp unpasteurized honey
1. Combine all ingredients except cacao nibs in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add cacao nibs and mix with a spoon to incorporate.
2. Heat a non stick pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
3. Spoon as much or as little pancake batter onto griddle, depending on what size you desire. A little less than ¼ of a cup per pancake will yield about 8 small pancakes.
3. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Transfer to low temp oven to keep them warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
4. Serve warm and garnish with cacao nibs and a drizzle of liquid honey.
Chèvre with Cyprus Black Flake Sea Salt and Cacao Nibs
1 cup Healthworks Cacao Nibs
1 (8-ounce) log fresh goat cheese
2 three-finger pinches of Cyprus black flake sea salt
1 (8-ounce) baguette
1. Spread the cacao nibs in a single layer on a sheet of foil.
2. Roll the log of goat cheese carefully in the nibs so that cheese doesn’t stick to your fingers. Once the cheese is well coated, roll the log with a little more pressure to embed the nibs into the cheese.
3. Place on a serving plate.
4. Sprinkle the cheese with salt, allowing the crystals to tumble across the plate.
5. Cut the baguette into thin slices and arrange them around the cheese log or place them in a basket to serve alongside.
To show guests how to serve themselves, cut a round of cheese from the log and place it on a slice of baguette; top with a few of the scattered chunks of black salt.
Healthworks Cacao Nibs are grown and harvested sustainably on small farms and come to you in their purest, most nutrient-rich state.
Question: Does it taste like chocolate chips or dark chocolate?
Answer: Raw, organic cacao nibs can have sort of a bitter, think dark chocolate taste, when eaten by themselves. The reason is because it is not treated like your typical Cocoa that you would buy in the supermarket is. Because it is raw it does not have sugar added or any of the unhealthy processing that is used to give it a sweet taste, but also which voids many of the natural health benefits. The good news is that if you use it in smoothies or recipes that call for chocolate, many customers feel like they get all the great taste of chocolate without the unhealthy additives or processing, plus the nutritional benefits of raw cacao nibs.
Question:How are the Cacao Nibs processed?
Answer: Much of the production process is manual and takes place on the small farms where the cacao is grown. Our cacao is selectively harvested by hand since not all the fruit ripen in the same time. Mature fruit pods are split open, the cacao beans removed and the outer shell discarded. Once scooped from the pods the cacao beans are fermented and sun dried to lower the humidity.
On arrival at our processing plant the cacao grains are washed and disinfected to lower microbiological contamination. We then soften the skin of the cacao by means of a low heat treatment. The beans are then low temperature dried and their shells are removed before being crushed into smaller nib size pieces.
Temperature is the most important advantage of all our cacao products: all the processing is done below 45º Celcius (approximately 110º Fahrenheit), which allows us to maintain the natural flavor and -even more important- the nutritional properties of the fresh cacao grains.
Question: Are they safe to eat raw?
Answer: Our Cacao Nibs can be consumed raw and you get more benefits not heating or cooking raw cacao as it is full of enzymes, vitamins and nutrients that are carefully preserved in the low temperature processing. You can still use raw cacao in hot drinks and baking, but you lose some of the nutrients.
Healthworks grew out of our realization that a healthy diet really does matter. Over the last 15 years we’ve gradually changed our diets to focus more and more on raw and nutrient dense superfoods. But we found, like everyone else, that the products available to support this healthy lifestyle are often times exorbitantly expensive.
We created Healthworks to bring great products to health conscious people at affordable prices. All of our superfoods are routinely tested for quality and come with our Customer Satisfaction Promise. We sincerely hope our products aid in your journey to greater health, energy, and vitality, just as they have for us!
100% Certified Organic Raw Cacao
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
"The nibs that you purchased from us ARE raw. They are dried naturally in the sun and not cooked as some others have suggested. Unfortunately another seller got on our listing (these things happen occasionally) and did sell some cooked nibs until we were able to get them off. The reviews you were reading were from products sold from the other seller. So not to worry the nibs you purchased from us are raw. We hope you are enjoying them and would appreciate you removing your negative review as it is not true and we understand until now you had no way of knowing that.
So... that's that I guess. I think they taste wonderful and they do seem fresh. The only issue is that there are a lot of shells (which is actually a good sign that they are in fact raw as cooked cacao is very brittle and the shells are easier to separate). So they will get a high rating, but lose one star for having too many shells.
Just a caution to new consumers out there - these are strong and potent. If you eat too many, the effect is somewhat similar to coffee - your heart begins to race and your mind gets overactive with difficulty to focus.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my first time trying Healthworks USDA Certified Organic 100% Raw Cacao Nibs or cacao in any form period. Chocolate that's not sweet huh? Read morePublished 6 hours ago by Shannon
I love cacao nibs for many reasons. If you need some ideas, I use it in cacao pancakes (instead of chocolate chips), toppings on cupcake frosting, rolled into brownie mix for that... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jagg
I have never actually bought cacao nibs, but I have tried them via a few friends. I am a little bit of a chocoholic, so I am picky about anything derived from cacao. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Saha
These are good, I use them on breakfast oats and they give a nice crunch and flavor without sweetness.Published 7 days ago by Kim Rinkevich
I really like these cacao nibs, great quality and taste is kind of bitter to eat by itself so I like to add it to smoothies and raw cookies. They are very healthy and good for you. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Liliya
I was so glad to find high-quality organic cacao nibs without preservatives. One ingredient, just the way it comes from nature. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Howdy
I enjoy these but I've been using them for baking and my one major complaint is that they're addictive! Read morePublished 12 days ago by Kathleen Seal
In the past, I bought Navitas nibs, and was very happy with the product. When I saw the Healthworks ones, I decided to give them a try for a comparison. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Terry Stiers
These cacao nibs are great! I was looking for a way to get my chocolate fix without all the not so good for you stuff, so I decided to try these. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Bethani R