|Price:||$10.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.49 shipping
+ $5.49 shipping
Healthworks Raw Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 1 lb
- Feel good about eating chocolate! Healthworks USDA Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder is a superfood that is completely guilt-free! The nutrient density of raw cacao benefits every function of the body and instantly transforms recipes into the healthiest chocolate treat.
- Many ways to enjoy- try our Cacao Powder in smoothies, granola bars, baked goods (like brownies and fudge), sprinkled on fruit, or in desserts (like pudding and ice cream)!
- A nutrient dense energy boost- Cacao powder is full of beneficial compounds and provides a great source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper and potassium. It is also one of the richest natural food sources of antioxidant flavonols.
- We source our Cacao Powder from small, organic farms, where the cacao beans are hand harvested, cold pressed, and carefully milled into fine powder.
- Healthworks 100% Satisfaction Promise: Get a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 16 Ounce
From the Manufacturer
Healthworks Cacao Powder
Nutrient Dense Superfood
Cacao is a tropical tree native to Central and South America. Its fruit is best known as chocolate’s main ingredient, though it is increasingly consumed for its nutritional value as well as its taste.
Healthy Baking and Eating with Healthworks Cacao Powder
A healthy-chocolaty treat!
Satisfy chocolate cravings and focus on a healthy diet with our Healthworks Cacao Powder. Our Cacao is 100% pure, raw, organic, and tasty too! Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, cacao powder has an earthier, bitter-toned taste, think dark chocolate. .. but healthier.
We source our Cacao Powder from small, organic farms in Peru, where the cacao beans are hand harvested, cold pressed, and carefully milled into fine powder. This process retains the cacao's authentic, rich flavor and high nutritional value.
Our Customer Satisfaction Promise: We love our Cacao Powder and stand behind them; Receive a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied.
- Granola Bars
- Baked Goods - likes Brownies & Fudge
- Sprinkled on Fruit
- Desserts - like Pudding & Ice Cream
- Our Healthworks Cacao Powder can also be used to make chocolate by mixing it with cacao butter and sweetener.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
1 cup hazelnuts
¼ cup Healthworks Cacao Powder
5 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
pinch celtic sea salt
1. Roast the hazelnuts at 350° for 8-10 minutes until they darken a bit and smell fragrant
2. Transfer the hazelnuts to a towel and rub off the skins if you can
3. In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts to a smooth butter, about 5 minutes, scraping the sides as needed
4. Add the cacao, agave, vanilla, oil and salt and process until well blended, about a minute
5. Store in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator.
6. Bring to room temperature prior to serving
Raw Vegan Chocolate Bars
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
6 heaping tablespoons of Healthworks Cacao Powder
4 tablespoons of maple syrup
pinch of salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl.
2. Pour into a chocolate mold. Freeze for 15 minutes or until set.
Store raw chocolate in fridge until ready to use.
Sweet Potato Fudge
2 cups sweet potato puree
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup Healthworks Cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sea salt to taste
1. Blend all ingredients in a bowl or food processor until smooth.
2. Line an 8 x 8 dish with plastic wrap leaving a little extra on the sides to lift out the fudge with ease.
3. Chill for an hour or so until firm, cut into desired pieces.
- Add protein powder, nuts, cacao nibs, coconut shreds, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne pepper, or maca powder into fudge.
- Toast nuts or coconut and garnish.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt or cacao nibs on top before chilling.
Chocolate Chia Seed Superfood Pudding
1 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond or coconut)
1/4 cup Healthworks Chia Seeds
3 tablespoons Healthworks Cacao Powder
Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup or raw honey
Dark Chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large glass jar with a lid, give it a quick stir, then put the lid on.
2. Shake it like crazy to mix it all up.
3. Refrigerate until very thick and pudding-like, at least 4 hours or overnight, shaking or stirring occasionally.
4. Serve the pudding chilled with whatever topping you’d like.
Optional add ins/toppings: crystallized ginger, Healthworks Goji Berries, nut butter, coconut, fresh citrus, bananas, nuts, pomegranate seeds, whipped coconut cream.
We source our Cacao Powder from small, organic farms, where the cacao beans are hand harvested, cold pressed, and carefully milled into fine powder.
Question: What is the difference between Cacao Powder and Cocoa Powder?
Answer: Cacao Powder and Cocoa powder are not the same thing, but you can substitute cacao for cocoa. Some differences between Cacao Powder and Cocoa Powder are that Cacao Powder is raw and does not contain the additives that are often in cocoa such as sugars, milk fat, hydrogenated oils and artificial flavorings. Cacao Powder is high in antioxidants and contains essential vitamins and minerals, while Cocoa Powder is stripped of the nutrients because it is processed. Cacao Powder is a healthy alternative to using cocoa powder.
Question: Is your Cacao Powder fermented?
Answer: Yes, our cacao beans go through a process of natural fermentation after they are picked. This process takes place before the beans are extracted from their shells and cold pressed. It is a natural process that gives the beans their chocolaty taste and lowers their phytic acid levels.
Question: Can Cacao Powder be eaten raw or cooked?
Answer: Yes, the powder can be used raw and in fact, you get more benefits not heating/cooking raw cacao as it is full of enzymes, vitamins, and nutrients that are carefully preserved in the low temperature processing.
Healthworks grew out of our realization that a healthy diet really does matter. Over the last 15 years we’ve gradually changed our diets to focus more and more on raw and nutrient dense superfoods. But we found, like everyone else, that the products available to support this healthy lifestyle are often times exorbitantly expensive.
We created Healthworks to bring great products to health conscious people at affordable prices. All of our superfoods are routinely tested for quality and come with a Customer Satisfaction Promise. We sincerely hope our products aid in your journey to greater health, energy, and vitality, just as they have for us!
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
(Using all Organic/NON-GMO Ingredients)
1/2c Coconut Oil
1/4c Cocao Powder
2-5 drops liquid Stevia (you really don't need any if you're using dried fruit)
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 tbsp. Maca Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Raisins, walnuts, pecans, goji berries, shredded coconut, hemp hearts, cashews
Put all ingredients in a large glass Pyrex measuring cup/bowl (I put mine on my glass top stove and turn on lowest setting and turn off when half melted) and use a whisk to slowly mix together until fully melted. In a silicone mold (I use a heart shaped silicone ice cube tray I got from Michaels for $1.99) place any of the optional ingredients into each mold. I use a mixture of all of them but it's fun to make different combinations. Once you're done then use a small ladle to fill each mold with the chocolate mixture. Place the mold into the fridge for about 20 minutes or until fully set. Pop the chocolates out of the mold and put them in a bag or other sealable container. They last for a few weeks.
So the reason I tried this was because I was blinded by the good reviews and price point. When I opened the bag, honestly, it didn't smell like I was expecting it too, but since it was my first time trying cacao I thought this is what it must smell like (I was COMPLETELY wrong).
I mixed this cacao with a Banana, Hemp Powder, Coconut sugar and water. About 40 minutes later I had a very bad stomach ache. I thought it might have just been me but it wasn't. Other people that I gave the same smoothie were feeling the same thing and it was bad. Ab contracting bad. I normally have this smoothie without the cacao and I'm fine but with it, horrible stomach pain. I started doing more research on the product and found I'm not the only one that had this same issue (Look in the comments).
As I started doing my research into this issue, I noticed there are also some questionable issues with the company and the product. If you look at the picture attached, the package I received said my Cacao was from 'Latin America'.... yes you read that right LATIN AMERICA. Does the company not realize there are a lot of countries in Latin America? On top of that, country of origin is very important especially with Cacao. Depending on where it comes from could mean you are getting real cacao (Criollo, Forastero, Trinitario) or low quality cacao (CCN51 hybrids). If you want the legit benefits from Cacao, (Like I do) you want to get a better quality one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Kind of expensive in comparison to similar products, but maybe it's because it's so good. I'm trying out a few other brands to determine if this is overpriced, or simply the best. Read morePublished 54 minutes ago by Cam
I received a package of Healthworks Organic Cacao at a discounted price in exchange for my review. So here it is! Read morePublished 1 hour ago by DDS
Worked great in my lip balm. Received alot of complements on it. Its just as good as higher priced cacao powder I've used. Read morePublished 3 hours ago by Allen Nowell
I use cacao powder in breakfast or afternoon smoothies for my kids and myself. I had always bought at the store this one brand which was expensive for a small amount in the bag. Read morePublished 3 hours ago by M R
love this organic cacao. I love baking and used this cocoa in chocolate cake recipes, it tastes great and works well for baking. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by YT
Thus is great cacao. I use it in my morning smoothies. Provides a boost in energy. I mix it with bananas and peanut butter so I can't really taste it. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Nothe
Awesome cacao powder! I mix it avacados and some sugar to make a veggie fudge. Good stuff!
This product was provided at a discounted price in exchange for my honest... Read more
This is raw as it gets on cacao powder. Add a couple of tablespoons to any chocolate recipe and it'll jump kick the flavor. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by SuperComputerGuy