Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 191 reviews
on January 5, 2016
A lot of significant information, a few tenuous conclusions. Tends to use the science in support of a lifeview preconcieved.
on September 20, 2013
This is an enjoyable read. It gracefully illustrates the factors that, according to research, support longevity. Not only do diet and activity play a factor, but also the quality of our relationships with each other and our community. Robbins points out the harmful effects of our youth-obsessed culture. I do wish he went into more specifics, in terms of diet.
on April 27, 2017
GOOD BOOK.
on March 30, 2015
Very interesting read about cultures with enduring life spans. Intriguing about how environmental factors affect life expectancy and how elders are respected and revered worldwide. I recommend for those individuals interested in making lifelong changes to their daily lives to influence one's longevity.
on September 6, 2012
Obviosly diet and exercise are going to come out as huge determinants of old age. But this book looks at not just those who are alive, but those who are thriving and disease free in their 90s and beyond. He credits singing, dancing, and social contact as well. Read it. I have already taken steps to improve my overall well being since reading this. I think I'll have to adapt to the realities of my world though. I didn't realize the author is the son of Robbins in Baskin-Robbins.
on February 15, 2015
The author starts the book with tales about four small villages that are suposed to be the longest living persons in the world. As far as I get it, he has never visited one single of this towns and he writes as if he is an expert. He suppose to know how is their diet, but no real evidence.

Later in the book he speaks about economy (wealth distribution) and he got no single idea about how the economy and capitalism works, or how jobs are created. Division of labor has made we have plenty of options of diets, and better health than in all history of humanity.

He seems to be a radical vegetarian. During the whole book he tries to sell the vegan movement. Relax and enjoy a BBQ. You will not die for it.

He do is acurrate in some aspects about nutrition, for example, low calorie intake will make you healthier. Or training weight lifting helps your bones. You can get good advises.

He finish the book writing about death. The ideas are pretty motivating.

It would have been a better book if he demonstates he got more evidence. But the book is pretty entretaining. To be honest, I finish it.

I recomend it as entertainment book, not as a nutrition enciclopedia.
on September 14, 2016
Basically everything we know we should do including hard physical work into old age.
on October 16, 2015
An inspiring book! More of a documentary. I have it on Audible and it's a great listen.
on November 14, 2015
The author gives lots of excellent information, and I think he intended his book to be inspirational as well as informative. I've had an abiding interest in living a healthy life to the end, so the book offers plenty of help. However, I have spent my life as a Christian, so I dispute the idea that all wisdom comes from religions outside of Christianity. I have known many Christians in my lifetime, and for the most part they have a great perspective on life and death. Christians understand death differently than many. To a Christian, death ends nothing except physical life. The real person lives on. The choices we make today follow us into eternity, which is as real as the life we have now, just inaccessible until after we end our lives here. It would be nice to read just one of the self help gurus who consider life from a Christian perspective, and in the light of the fact that death may merely be a transition into our true and permanent reality.
on June 24, 2016