Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on April 1, 2002
As the mother of three young children - one picky eater, one who can't get enough and one junk-food junky - I was thrilled to find a book written by a nutrition professional that can relate to the challenges of feeding kids. In this easy to read book, nutritionist Elizabeth Ward provides common sense advice on how to feed kids healthy foods based on both sound nutrition science and her experiece feeding her own children. Starting with "preparing for pregnancy," Ward covers topics that all parents want to know about -- breastfeeding, introducing solid foods, helping your child establish eating habits that will ward off chronic disease later in life, "super foods" for kids, food safety and more. I think what I like most is that all the information is presented in a really common sense, guilt-free way, and includes a lot of first hand experiences from mom's also trying to raise healthy kids in a "junk food" world. In my opinion, any book that can help me feed my kids healthfully without adding to the stress of child rearing is worth five stars !
on April 1, 2002
As the mother of three young children - one picky eater, one who can't get enough and one junk-food junky - I was thrilled to find a book written by a nutrition professional that can relate to the challenges of feeding kids. In this easy to read book, nutritionist Elizabeth Ward provides common sense advice on how to feed kids healthy foods based on both sound nutrition science and her experiece feeding her own children. Starting with "preparing for pregnancy," Ward covers topics that all parents want to know about -- breastfeeding, introducing solid foods, helping your child establish eating habits that will ward off chronic disease later in life, "super foods" for kids, food safety and more. I think what I like most is that all the information is presented in a really common sense, guilt-free way, and includes a lot of first hand experiences from mom's also trying to raise healthy kids in a "junk food" world. And the recipes are great -- easy to make and kid-friendly. In my opinion, any book that can help me feed my kids healthfully without adding to the stress of child rearing is easily worth five stars !
on March 10, 2006
This is a must-have book for every parent with young children. Amid all the confusion that exists in the world of diet and nutrition, the author cuts through the clutter with a no-nonsense, easy to read and practical tips for feeding even the most challenging kids. Elizabeth Ward lends her expertise as a mother of three girls along with her wealth of knowledge as a dietitian on every page of this fun, light-hearted and extremely helpful and informative book. Buy this book today to help shape the eating habits of your children for the rest of their lives.
on February 1, 2002
Many children's nutrition books offer unrealistic advice. This book, written by a dietitian and parent, is very practical and realistic, and helps parents figure out how to feed their children healthy food without making the dinner table a battle ground. I found the suggestions very helpful, and I plan to make this book my standard baby shower gift for new mothers.
on March 26, 2004
As a first-time mom and not big on counting calories and daily values %s of each bite of my food I was not sure what to give or not to give and how much to give to my baby girl when she started eating solids.
This book gave me exactly the information I needed and more!
I am going to buy this book as a Baby Shower gift for my cooworker.