Healthy Pet Cat Litter, 12-Pound
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Fortified Odor Control
- Dust-free fiber
- Absorbs 2x its weight in odor causing liquids
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Healthy Pet Dust-Free Fiber Cat Litter
Healthy Pet Dust-Free Cat Litter is made from reclaimed paper pellets and is fortified with Odor Shield to absorb and control odor. With super absorbent fibers, it absorbs 2 times its weight in odor-causing liquids which keeps the litter box cleaner, longer.
Natural cellulose pellets
Superior Odor Control
Odor Shield is a proprietary odor fighter designed to interact and bond with the odor-causing properties of cat waste, blocking the formation of ammonia which is the primary cause of litter box odor.
Free of Clay Dust
Because it's made from pure cellulose it contains no harmful crystalline silica dust. You’ll be free from the unhealthy dirty cloud caused by pouring or scooping clay litter. This means you’ll be using a litter that’s healthy and clean for you and your cat.
The size and shape of the pellets make it easy for your cat to use and are particularly beneficial for long-haired cats. The litter won't stick to your cat's fur or track outside the litter box like traditional clay litters.
Healthy Pet Dust-Free cat litter is completely natural. It’s made from short-fiber pulp un-suitable for consumer use that would otherwise be incinerated or discarded. Healthy Pet cat litter is also 100% biodegradable, so it's better for the environment.
Easy to Use
The uniquely designed pellets are soft in the middle to aid with absorbency, and firm on the outside to help keep the soiled litter from breaking down and falling apart, making cleaning easier. You can empty the entire litter box each week, or manage it as you would a clumping litter by scooping out solid waste and wet spots.
- Not made from clay
- Features Odor Shield
- Made with short fiber paper pulp
- Free of clay dust
Top Customer Reviews
So now, the only smells i get from her box are from her poop. To top that off, you cant use your basic litter shovel. The way the spaces are in the shovels the graanules are too large to fall through, so you find yourself delicately picking up sparsely speckled poop and dark colored granules from where you think they pee'd on.
I think they should add a color activating agent in the litter so you know if they peed on it or if its just discoloration. Also i think consumers should buy this in conjunction with a basic cat litter so that the granules can asborb the urine and ammonia smell and the regular litter can coat and mask the poo smell.
Also, this litter doesnt work well with a sifter. Youll be sifting all day before one granule falls through lol. And, if it wasnt obvious by the name, it doesnt cause dust at all.
Then I tried the Healthy Pet litter. What a wonderful solution!
1) The litter adheres and clumps around the runny poop which has decreased the time the cat spends trying to cover it;
2) The litter absorbs the poop odor quite well, and the urine. (However, I am scooping and changing the litter once a day or more to help prevent the cat from being reinfected by his litter, i.e., I don't know how long the odor control and urine absorption would last under other conditions.)
3) The litter tracking also decreased.Read more ›
1) It doesn't track everywhere!!!! This is the only litter I've encountered that can be completely, easily, and quickly swept up. Unlike granules of sandy litter, the pieces you see are the ONLY pieces that have made their way out of the box, so it is possible to actually capture every last piece of errant litter. And if you do happen to step on a piece, it doesn't feel like you've impaled your foot on a shard of broken glass, which is the case with silica/pearl litter (our cat rejected 2 kinds of "pearl" litter).
2) Our previously problematic cat uses it ("Why would I use a pearl litter when I can use Mom and Dad's bed?!)! Conan (1.5 yrs old), who at one point used Cat/Kitten Attract litter exclusively because he failed to adapt to so many other kinds, took to it without any problem. I mixed it with his old litter at first (Tidy Cat), but the next batch o' fresh litter was all "Dust-Free Fiber."
3) It's lightweight. Last night was the first time I did a complete box cleaning with this product, and pouring the entire contents of the box into a trash bag was MUCH easier than with traditional litter (I didn't wind up with the backache that usually accompanies this activity...always a plus!). Cleaning the bathroom/box area also went considerably faster due to the "what you see is what you get" granule factor. Was super easy to sweep up all errant particles and then mop the floor!
4) Great odor control.
5) Scooping is a bit different than with traditional litter; you basically have to scoop each piece of poop individually to avoid throwing away a bunch of litter with it, and urine doesn't really clump like the bag says. But you can scoop out what you see and the rest is absorbed pretty well.
I will be buying this litter as long as Conan keeps using it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No smell, works incredible! Also my cat makes a huge mess with regular cat littler, so the weight of the pellets prevent a lot from getting out of the box!Published on June 17, 2014 by Kimberly Wirt
I have tried so many different kinds of litter. I got sick to death of the type that clumps, because sand tracks everywhere. Read morePublished on April 29, 2014 by Caren W Holderman
Have been looking for an alternative for Mountain Meadows Cat Country Elite (soft scoop) litter as I have to get it direct from the manufacturer 15 bags at a time to get a break... Read morePublished on April 2, 2014 by kimono
This is a great product. We finally found a litter that doesn't track too much, doesn't have dust (we have a cat with asthma), and works better than that Yesterdays News junk. Read morePublished on March 17, 2014 by Miss Creant
Love this cat litter, may have to clean more often since it isn't one you scoop, but you can I guess; however, easier to clean when the cats track it around the house. Read morePublished on February 20, 2014 by Kristine Fisher
This product is good, but was not actually dust free as advertised. If you are looking for a change in litter, you might want to try this product. Read morePublished on January 10, 2013 by Terry
i started with this litter because my cat had a cough i thought was asthma... this litter is dust free ... it is also light weight... Read morePublished on June 30, 2012 by clara the dental hygienist