Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on April 4, 2013
At any point in time, someone in my house becomes obsessed with smoothies. Breakfast smoothies, after-workout smoothies, dessert smoothies - not a day goes by where we don't break out the blender or juicer for some reason or another.

We were running short on recipes and I decided to splurge and try buying an ebook for recipes instead of trying to find good free recipes online (such a hassle).

So happy that I decided to buy this book!

My favorite smoothies are the healthy green smoothies. People ask what my "secret" to looking young is, and I usually just brush it off. To tell you the truth, however, the only secret is a clean lifestyle with lots of green foods just like these smoothies.

These healthy smoothies are delicious!

I was pleasantly surprised to find no real traces of any editing errors within this book. Like any good informed buyer, I scanned the previous reviews. It seems that the couple of lower-star ratings are now invalid as the author gave a complete overhaul to the book.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who considers themselves a fan of healthy smoothies. This would also make a wonderful gift for someone who is hoping to make healthy changes in their lifestyle.
on May 31, 2014
OK so here's the thing - I recently bought a Vitamix and love it - but wanted to have other recipes than the ones it came with. I looked around AMZ and came across this book. It sounded good to me until I got it. The thing is I've not quite adapted my taste to all the "GREEN" things! I still need fruit mixed in and although this book does have some fruit/greens recipes it's just not the majority. Also the greens that he does use are things like dandelion greens, kale, mustard greens etc. which to me taste very bitter. So I've used one or two recipes but that's about it so far. If you aren't a fan of "greens" you might want to purchase a different book!
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2013
A helpful guide to understand different fruits, but mostly greens, and the seasons in which they are available, plus the best ways to keep them fresh the longest. The recipes themselves are a take it or leave it, but the tone of the author is certainly a very positive one. He surely seems to be very familiar with the world of greens, and for a freshman in the wonderful world of healthy smoothies there is always a price to pay for information that will lead to greater knowledge. For example, I was not aware that oranges are not supposed to be kept in the refrigerator? Plus many more hints that will help select, and even discover a nice variety of greens that are healthy for the body, and the best season in which they can be found. At the end, I did not know if this author had all the credentials of a food expert, but one thing for sure I like the way he wrote the book, very friendly like, with plenty of information. Did the price equal the amount of information provided? That will be for the harsher critics to determine. I read this book once, have not picked it up again, and perhaps all the information could have been obtained for free with proper research. I have to admit that sometimes having the book is a little more reassuring, like the times when I used to purchase how to manuals for programs, or the new Safari operating system, only to read them once or twice, and then put them aside while the new versions came out and rendered them meaningless. Not so with fruits and vegetable, so as a reference guide this book gets 4 Stars.
on February 3, 2014
I have a VitaMix blender that I use every day to quickly and efficiently consume my breakfast as a vegetarian.
I did not realize that health wise, the greens are much more important that the fruit. I changed my health reality, by changing my diet. I found that the calories are much less important. Too many people think your weight is the only metric to determine your health. In other words, all you need is a bathroom scale. The chemistry in your body is much much more important. And many people think you have to consume meat to get protein. Do not realize that spinach is 42%
A must read for anybody interested in their real health. Check your lipids, it has much more information
on April 3, 2013
I've tried out a few of these recipes and they are super delicious. My only complaint is that there are some semi-odd things I don't typically have in my cabinet (flax seed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, maca powder, rice protein). However, it won't kill me to go get them to try some of the other recipes especially since they only call for small amounts of them and I imagine I will get quite a few smoothies out of small bags of those seeds and things.
on August 28, 2016
Not really anything new
on December 27, 2012
Let me come straight out with it: I am pretty lazy when it comes to cooking. So, whenever I am able to make smoothie recipes instead of standing in the kitchen for 20 minutes up to one hour to get my food ready, I am all for that! A friend of mine told me to check out this book as he is as lazy as I am when it comes to cooking. I gave it a shoot and to my surprised face, this book is not only easy to follow regarding the green smoothies, but the recipes are also healthy!

I mean, think about that: here you have me, a lazy man in the kitchen, who can make green smoothies easy and fast, and the smoothies are also healthy at the same time. If you ask me, I think this is a REAL bargain!! :) This book saves me time and adds years to my lifespan since the recipes are healthy and great if you want to lose weight at the same time you want to enjoy a tasteful green smoothie.

You are doing yourself harm if you do not get this book. This book is amazing and I had to hug my friend of recommending it to me. I know it is silly, but it is true; this book provides you with great healthy green smoothie recipes that you can get done within minute instead of wasting dozens of minutes in the kitchen.

If you are in a hurry and do not want to spend so much time in the kitchen but you still want something healthy to flush down your throat, then this book is definitively the best choice! If I had found this book earlier, I would have bought as Christmas presents to many dear people I know that I want well and to prosper in terms of their physical and mental health! =)

Get this book now and you will never have to spend more than 5 minutes in the kitchen when you want something healthy AND tasty to drink or eat! ^^, Thank so you much!! God bless you!
on March 13, 2013
This book has some good recipes and some really good information about greens and other "super food" ingredients but there are some things that I didn't like about this book.
1. It's black and white/ no pictures. I know it's just a smoothie book and they probably look similar but I'd like SOME pictures.
2. No index. This probably bothered me the most about the book. What if, say, watermelon is on sale so I buy a bunch of it, I have no way to look up what recipes might call for watermelon unless I want to flip page by page through the book.
3. Editing errors. Nothing you can't skim past but they still trip me up. Especially in the list of ingredients for the recipes; sometimes they will list two ingredients in one line like, 1c. bluberries 2 c. kale, so if you're not paying attention you may miss an ingredient for your shopping list.
4. I'm new to green smoothies so I wish there was a little more about how to prepare the ingredients. He says a lot about why greens are good for me, but do I need to cut off the stems, etc.?
5. This book is called "...for weight loss" yet there is no nutritional information.
6. I don't know how many servings each smoothie makes and some of them seem pretty big.
on June 13, 2014
Sure, you can find smoothie recipes on the internet for free. What this book provides is a quick and simple description of common ingredients and nutritional information. I use the same basic recipe every day and change up the ingredients based on nutritional value as explained in the book and what is in season and what is on sale at the grocery store.
Smoothies are a great healthy choice and are fulling to quell any hungry appetite. This book was really informative, I loved the way the author gave precise details for growing your own fruits and veggies to aid in your smoothie preparation. I've tried quite a few of them and I must say they haven't disappointed. I'll be making smoothies apart of my daily preparation. Great book Thanks