- File Size: 129 KB
- Print Length: 61 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: November 11, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00A6GVN04
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,238,427 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Healthy Ziploc Snacks: 40 Delicious "On the Go" Snack Recipes in a Ziploc Bag Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are several recipes, lacking needed storage information, that are most likely perishable:
Roasted Red Grapes with Honey and Thyme
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Ham, Cream Cheese and Veggie Stacks
The stuffed mushrooms recipe contains, minced garlic, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. This recipe should have directions on how to store them such as freezing and eating later or keeping the snack stored in ice packs. The ice pack method is the one I would choose as mushrooms tend to get mushy after being frozen and defrosted.
The roasted grapes recipe would probably best stored in a food storage bag between ice packs. Grapes are tossed with a seasoned honey mixture before being roasted.
The strawberry salad: You might be OK to store this at room temperature but the salad would taste better if kept cold. Once again there no storage directions given in therecip.
The Ham and Cream Cheese Veggie Snacks use a cream cheese and vegetable spread on Lavash crackers. This snack is stored in a food storage bag without any recommendations of keeping the snack cold.
Other recipes you find in this cookbook include:
Terrific Trail Mix
Tropical Trail Mix
Cinnamon Apple Popcorn
The directions are clearly written, and there is an active table of contents making navigation easy.
Recommend with caveats given.
collection of relatively quick recipes for various snacks. Most of them are healthy, few - not so much.
1. Recipes are given in logical, easy to understand manner.
2. Many recipes do not require any sort of cooking. You basically combine the ingredients together, toss them in
Ziploc and that's it. A plus for those of us who do not have time for cooking.
3. Large variety of dishes covered: Trail mixes, salads, sandwiches, cookies, rolls, toasts, wafers, muffins, etc.
4. Book is well formatted for Kindle and includes a clickable table of contents, that makes it easy to navigate.
1. Not all recipes are healthy though I am sure all of them are delicious.
2. A bit more direction for storing the food, after it's been prepared, would be appreciated by those of us who are
relative newbies when it comes to cooking.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Shop elsewhere, Amazon overcharges on most products, and doesn't deliver items as promisedPublished 5 months ago by Derek
Most of the recipes in this book are healthy because most recipes are for trail mixes. A few recipes call for flour and sugar. The recipe I tried was the Frozen Ban-Olas. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Rebecca of Amazon
So glad I downloaded this book. It is well written and has some great ideas. I'm excited to try some of these recipes.Published on December 29, 2013 by M. Harris
It would have been a great magazine article but not a book. I was hoping for a little more but what was there was okay.Published on May 25, 2013 by bustertoad
Just doesn't tell you what is a serving size. Is each recipe for one serving, two, more? How much of the recipe should go in a Ziploc bag to count as one serving? Read morePublished on May 5, 2013 by Teresa
I really like this idea and here you have 40 on the go snacks you can make and take with ease. So much better to plan ahead and take with you so you are prepared for snacking...... Read morePublished on April 5, 2013 by clg
This is good book. The book as a lot of good info and the info is so clear and to the point.Published on April 1, 2013 by A. Marie B.
I liked the book, but I really didn't learn anything....maybe this is because I am always trying to figure out snacks to put in Ziplocs. Read morePublished on March 20, 2013 by Stephanie Polster
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets