Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 903 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,228 reviews
on October 1, 2015
Ok, I would like to first say that I think Karen Alpert (aka Baby Sideburns) is hilarious. As a mom of a 2 year old, I am glad that someone else also is going through the same things that I am. It really makes me feel better. With that being said, I was really disappointed in this book. I follow Baby Sideburns on Facebook, and when she posts stories, I usually always go and read them on her blog. There are very few of her posts that I haven't read.

This book would be great for someone who didn't follow her or read her blog because most all of the stories in this book are the same ones that she's written on her blog. Because of that, I was reading things that I had already read. I'm really disappointed. I thought that these would be all new things that she was writing about, but it wasn't.

This would make a fantastic gift for a new parent, or just one who doesn't actively read her blog.
on October 22, 2013
there are several places that you should not attempt to read this book.

1. the sidelines of your kids soccer practice, because as you are laughing so hard you are crying, other parents are looking at you quizzically since little Johnny just got kicked and is crying.

2. the waiting room outside your kids CCD class... there are a lot of pictures that make us baby-sideburns fans crack up repeatedly, while some shall-we-say less fun people will purse their lips disapprovingly.

3. The back row of jury duty. The court officer will confiscate your book, although you will definitely see him smirking after lunch because he totally read it too and thought it was HILARIOUS.

For real, Karen Alpert hits the nail on the head with this book the same as she does with every blog. She is funny, clever, witty, REAL, and best of all just GETS how the rest of us moms feel most of the time. I am totally going to buy 20 copies and give them out as Christmas gifts. I am still deciding about using the vagina cupcakes for Christmas baking.... :-)
on March 12, 2017
Purchased this for my daughter-in-law for Christmas, she begged for it! She loves it!!!
on April 21, 2017
Laughed out loud at work. Almost fell up the stairs once. My only complaint and I can't explain why, is the word "preggers". Have never liked that word and she uses it upwards of 62 billion times. Didn't take away from the funny just my personal issues. As I said before, laughed hard enough to almost fall up stairs.
on May 3, 2016
Absolutely hilarious! Perfect for today's realistic modern mom's that don't take themselves too seriously! It's nice to have Karen (aka Mommy Sideburns) write about the stuff we all go through as parents, but nobody talks about (the good, the bad, the ugly and the GROSS!). I've just finished reading the book and have handed it off to my good friend who is a new mommy! Can't wait to read the 2nd book, which is already in my possession!
on September 25, 2014
I am Only into the 4th Chapter of this Book and I have Laughed so hard. The spot where my would be abs are hurts I had to take a Break just to breath!! I read some of the low reviews on this book and I have come to the conclusion they just do not have a sense of Humor!! there are a few people that have said everything was on her blog. Well for peeps like me who have never seen her Blog until now I do not have the time to her blog for everything. Its conveniently placed into a book for me to read at my convenience! All I can say is I hope Karen continues writing books. Thank you for sharing your Sense of Humor with us!
on March 3, 2015
Absolutely love this book! My sister received it from her fiancé as a Mother's Day gift and after reading a few pages I just had to get my own book! As I have 3 little ones at home myself. Very relatable and keeps me laughing chapter after chapter. If you're ever feeling any type of way about being a mother or the way you do things, this book is a great pick me up reminding you that you're not the only one that thinks and does things the way you do! I highly recommend this book to any mother with a small child or children. Hilarious!
on October 21, 2013
I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this book since BS started posting all the hype and sneak peeks months ago. I ordered it in paperback to bring on an upcoming trip. I saw that it was available today for my e-reader, so you know I had to download it early. I was going to read just the first chapter, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't put the thing down...and then I realized I was at page 69 and was like, I HAVE to put this down because I'm not going to have any left to read on my trip. So...I CANNOT wait to keep reading this, but the stories, anecdotes and testimonials so far make me feel better about myself...and that Mother of the Year Award I will expect to be receiving. And by Mother of the Year, I mean, well, you can figure that out.
on June 11, 2015
This is perfect for all you moms out there!! I love how it's laid out. Most of the time I only have a minute to read. With this book you can read one section while waiting in like to pick up your kid from school and be completely satisfied.

I find my self laughing out loud in the car!! It's also nice to know other moms have certain thoughts and feelings run through them. It helps me not feel as guilty. I think the point is that we all need to relax and just embrace this crazy life of motherhood. What a GREAT book!!
on October 23, 2013
Let me tell you, Karen really lets it all out in this book. Years of blogging really show that years of parenting can make you insane some days. If you have never had kids or have no sense of humor, probably not for you. If laughing until you almost pee your pants (and I am not even kidding here. Had to stop reading and drinking soda at the same time to keep from spewing from my nose)is not something you are comfortable with, best stay away. I read mine and ordered FOUR more for my best gal-pals who share real life stories of "What the heck is that in your nose??" and "Chocolate or poop roulette" on a daily basis.
This book will make you feel more normal as a mom and as a woman whose body has revolted against you since child birth.