Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 900 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,225 reviews
on October 1, 2015
Ok, I would like to first say that I think Karen Alpert (aka Baby Sideburns) is hilarious. As a mom of a 2 year old, I am glad that someone else also is going through the same things that I am. It really makes me feel better. With that being said, I was really disappointed in this book. I follow Baby Sideburns on Facebook, and when she posts stories, I usually always go and read them on her blog. There are very few of her posts that I haven't read.

This book would be great for someone who didn't follow her or read her blog because most all of the stories in this book are the same ones that she's written on her blog. Because of that, I was reading things that I had already read. I'm really disappointed. I thought that these would be all new things that she was writing about, but it wasn't.

This would make a fantastic gift for a new parent, or just one who doesn't actively read her blog.
on October 22, 2013
there are several places that you should not attempt to read this book.

1. the sidelines of your kids soccer practice, because as you are laughing so hard you are crying, other parents are looking at you quizzically since little Johnny just got kicked and is crying.

2. the waiting room outside your kids CCD class... there are a lot of pictures that make us baby-sideburns fans crack up repeatedly, while some shall-we-say less fun people will purse their lips disapprovingly.

3. The back row of jury duty. The court officer will confiscate your book, although you will definitely see him smirking after lunch because he totally read it too and thought it was HILARIOUS.

For real, Karen Alpert hits the nail on the head with this book the same as she does with every blog. She is funny, clever, witty, REAL, and best of all just GETS how the rest of us moms feel most of the time. I am totally going to buy 20 copies and give them out as Christmas gifts. I am still deciding about using the vagina cupcakes for Christmas baking.... :-)
on March 3, 2015
Absolutely love this book! My sister received it from her fiancé as a Mother's Day gift and after reading a few pages I just had to get my own book! As I have 3 little ones at home myself. Very relatable and keeps me laughing chapter after chapter. If you're ever feeling any type of way about being a mother or the way you do things, this book is a great pick me up reminding you that you're not the only one that thinks and does things the way you do! I highly recommend this book to any mother with a small child or children. Hilarious!
on April 21, 2017
Laughed out loud at work. Almost fell up the stairs once. My only complaint and I can't explain why, is the word "preggers". Have never liked that word and she uses it upwards of 62 billion times. Didn't take away from the funny just my personal issues. As I said before, laughed hard enough to almost fall up stairs.
on January 17, 2015
I love this woman! I follow her on Facebook for my daily laughs, when I found out about her book I had to buy it. Of course my husband doesn't find the humor in it. Eventually he learned to stop asking what I was laughing at because he knew I would read it out loud to him, and he just doesn't appreciate the humor of discussing bushy vajay-jays in the locker room, or the fact that women may have to wear depends and actually talk about it. Yep, baby sideburns, has put into writing what all of us mom's only wish we could say but never dare to. If you don't like foul language this book isn't for you, but how can you not drop a few f- bombs when talking about the joys of parenthood???
on March 12, 2017
Purchased this for my daughter-in-law for Christmas, she begged for it! She loves it!!!
on January 17, 2015
I'm not quite done reading but after just 20 PGs I had to come here and write a review. I'm going to be a first time mom in April! (AGGGHH!!) this book is a brutally honest take on parenting and though some things still terrify me, I realize no ones perfect and you can have a sense of humor about some of the mishaps that I know I'll most certainly have.

Some parts were so hilarious I had to read it out loud to my family. I've never in my life cracked up reading a book but this seriously had me LOLing. A must read!!
on May 12, 2016
The author obviously has a great sense of humor, but she definitely crosses the line. It's one thing to see the humor in everyday parenting challenges but the way she is talking about her children has got to be damaging to them down the road. It did make me laugh, therefore 2 stars. But the book is very disorganized and the language and overuse of swear words grow old. Also the repeated "I'm too lazy or to tired to continue this list" are annoying. This book could be better with proper editing and leaving some of the poop chapters out. It's just too much.
on October 25, 2013
I loved the book and laughed out loud many times. I continuously had to read out loud what I was reading to whomever was in the room with me at the time so they could see for themselves how hilariously funny this woman is. I've since recommended this read to all of my mommy friends. I will say this though...if you have been a religious reader of Baby Sideburns blog, then you might be disappointed. Not much new material in the book. Luckily, I'm a new found fan of Baby Sideburns so this wasn't a problem for me.
on March 31, 2017
I sooo needed this read! Honest, full of potty language, and real life. For the price, you can't beat it!