Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 916 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,241 reviews
on October 1, 2015
Ok, I would like to first say that I think Karen Alpert (aka Baby Sideburns) is hilarious. As a mom of a 2 year old, I am glad that someone else also is going through the same things that I am. It really makes me feel better. With that being said, I was really disappointed in this book. I follow Baby Sideburns on Facebook, and when she posts stories, I usually always go and read them on her blog. There are very few of her posts that I haven't read.

This book would be great for someone who didn't follow her or read her blog because most all of the stories in this book are the same ones that she's written on her blog. Because of that, I was reading things that I had already read. I'm really disappointed. I thought that these would be all new things that she was writing about, but it wasn't.

This would make a fantastic gift for a new parent, or just one who doesn't actively read her blog.
on October 22, 2013
there are several places that you should not attempt to read this book.

1. the sidelines of your kids soccer practice, because as you are laughing so hard you are crying, other parents are looking at you quizzically since little Johnny just got kicked and is crying.

2. the waiting room outside your kids CCD class... there are a lot of pictures that make us baby-sideburns fans crack up repeatedly, while some shall-we-say less fun people will purse their lips disapprovingly.

3. The back row of jury duty. The court officer will confiscate your book, although you will definitely see him smirking after lunch because he totally read it too and thought it was HILARIOUS.

For real, Karen Alpert hits the nail on the head with this book the same as she does with every blog. She is funny, clever, witty, REAL, and best of all just GETS how the rest of us moms feel most of the time. I am totally going to buy 20 copies and give them out as Christmas gifts. I am still deciding about using the vagina cupcakes for Christmas baking.... :-)
on June 10, 2017
While I know kids can be challenging, I was expecting some funny day to day stories, which there were some, but I was not expecting the language to be as it was. I was disappointed.
on March 12, 2017
Purchased this for my daughter-in-law for Christmas, she begged for it! She loves it!!!
on August 28, 2014
HANDS DOWN THE BEST PARENTING BOOK OUT THERE! The first time I picked up this book when I received it I really shouldn't have had a mouth of wine.... I almost choked laughing so hard..... Karen is absolutely hilarious and truthful! She states EVERYTHING that a mom wants to....without holding back! Definitely a book to give for a baby shower to a new mom or even a seasoned vet ;)
on April 21, 2017
Laughed out loud at work. Almost fell up the stairs once. My only complaint and I can't explain why, is the word "preggers". Have never liked that word and she uses it upwards of 62 billion times. Didn't take away from the funny just my personal issues. As I said before, laughed hard enough to almost fall up stairs.
on June 25, 2017
Wonderful commiserations from a fellow warrior. This motherhood road isn't for the faint of heart. This book made me not only laugh but have a deeper appreciation for all the mother's out there.
on June 12, 2017
This book was worth every hilarious second. Great for those who appreciate well placed sarcastic humor... A must read for any mom with kids of any age!
on May 9, 2017
This book is hilarious! I was literally laughing out loud through each chapter. Great for new moms or experienced moms. Quick read.
on June 6, 2017
Many true to life, laugh out loud things that most mothers can relate to. Will be looking for another book by Baby Sideburns! ☺