Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 909 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,234 reviews
on October 1, 2015
Ok, I would like to first say that I think Karen Alpert (aka Baby Sideburns) is hilarious. As a mom of a 2 year old, I am glad that someone else also is going through the same things that I am. It really makes me feel better. With that being said, I was really disappointed in this book. I follow Baby Sideburns on Facebook, and when she posts stories, I usually always go and read them on her blog. There are very few of her posts that I haven't read.

This book would be great for someone who didn't follow her or read her blog because most all of the stories in this book are the same ones that she's written on her blog. Because of that, I was reading things that I had already read. I'm really disappointed. I thought that these would be all new things that she was writing about, but it wasn't.

This would make a fantastic gift for a new parent, or just one who doesn't actively read her blog.
on October 22, 2013
there are several places that you should not attempt to read this book.

1. the sidelines of your kids soccer practice, because as you are laughing so hard you are crying, other parents are looking at you quizzically since little Johnny just got kicked and is crying.

2. the waiting room outside your kids CCD class... there are a lot of pictures that make us baby-sideburns fans crack up repeatedly, while some shall-we-say less fun people will purse their lips disapprovingly.

3. The back row of jury duty. The court officer will confiscate your book, although you will definitely see him smirking after lunch because he totally read it too and thought it was HILARIOUS.

For real, Karen Alpert hits the nail on the head with this book the same as she does with every blog. She is funny, clever, witty, REAL, and best of all just GETS how the rest of us moms feel most of the time. I am totally going to buy 20 copies and give them out as Christmas gifts. I am still deciding about using the vagina cupcakes for Christmas baking.... :-)
on March 12, 2017
Purchased this for my daughter-in-law for Christmas, she begged for it! She loves it!!!
on August 28, 2014
HANDS DOWN THE BEST PARENTING BOOK OUT THERE! The first time I picked up this book when I received it I really shouldn't have had a mouth of wine.... I almost choked laughing so hard..... Karen is absolutely hilarious and truthful! She states EVERYTHING that a mom wants to....without holding back! Definitely a book to give for a baby shower to a new mom or even a seasoned vet ;)
on April 21, 2017
Laughed out loud at work. Almost fell up the stairs once. My only complaint and I can't explain why, is the word "preggers". Have never liked that word and she uses it upwards of 62 billion times. Didn't take away from the funny just my personal issues. As I said before, laughed hard enough to almost fall up stairs.
on May 9, 2017
This book is hilarious! I was literally laughing out loud through each chapter. Great for new moms or experienced moms. Quick read.
on September 12, 2014
I just LOVED this book!!! I wish it never had to end! It is the funniest book I have ever read! Karen Alpert (A.K.A. Baby Sideburns) is so funny and brutally honest and inappropriate, but in the best way possible. I think she says all the things everyone thinks and wishes they could say. Oh my, I wish she would write another book, it was always impossible to put down. LOVE IT.
on May 3, 2016
Absolutely hilarious! Perfect for today's realistic modern mom's that don't take themselves too seriously! It's nice to have Karen (aka Mommy Sideburns) write about the stuff we all go through as parents, but nobody talks about (the good, the bad, the ugly and the GROSS!). I've just finished reading the book and have handed it off to my good friend who is a new mommy! Can't wait to read the 2nd book, which is already in my possession!
on March 3, 2015
Absolutely love this book! My sister received it from her fiancé as a Mother's Day gift and after reading a few pages I just had to get my own book! As I have 3 little ones at home myself. Very relatable and keeps me laughing chapter after chapter. If you're ever feeling any type of way about being a mother or the way you do things, this book is a great pick me up reminding you that you're not the only one that thinks and does things the way you do! I highly recommend this book to any mother with a small child or children. Hilarious!
on October 21, 2013
I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this book since BS started posting all the hype and sneak peeks months ago. I ordered it in paperback to bring on an upcoming trip. I saw that it was available today for my e-reader, so you know I had to download it early. I was going to read just the first chapter, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't put the thing down...and then I realized I was at page 69 and was like, I HAVE to put this down because I'm not going to have any left to read on my trip. So...I CANNOT wait to keep reading this, but the stories, anecdotes and testimonials so far make me feel better about myself...and that Mother of the Year Award I will expect to be receiving. And by Mother of the Year, I mean, well, you can figure that out.