|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $9.00 (90%)
Heart Racer: A Billionaire Love Story Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 168 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
To recap, Olivia bet her last $100 on super-longshot racer Jacob Teller... because he looked so cute. She never expected him to actually win (and got paid 50:1). She was so gobsmacked, she went down to see Jake in the winner's circle, and Jake, upon hearing the story, decided she was his lucky charm and should come with him to the post-race celebration, and to the next race as well. Being unemployed and temporarily shacking with a friend, Olivia accepted, and somehow, Jake kept winning. Months later, now rich and enjoying the good life, the pair criss-crossed the country enjoying their new wealth and each other, Olivia started to feel out of place. Finally, when jealousy and inadequacy set in, Olivia picked a fight and left in a huff, going home not much better than she started. Soon after, Jake got into a serious accident on the track near Olivia's hometown, and they finally decided they really do love each other instead of just lust... but Jake will need serious rehabilitation and recovery... Will Olivia be there all the way? And what will they do later?
The book was insta-lust at first glance, with him being the pretty boy. She's basically being a "pit lizard" (racing's equivalent of "buckle bunny"). The idea that the guy was so down he's always in last, and suddenly he's placing first in every race is ridiculous. And how can a couple months of winning turn him into a billionaire, with the rich-and-famous lifestyle they are living? The FMC basically threw a jealous fit and gave up, and went back to her own life, unsure if it was love or lust. The ending was sweet, but logically crazy. All in all, the story just doesn't work for me with too many flaws.
I didn't like the instant love aspect to this story and at times, I didn't care for either Olivia or Jacob. There wasn't any build-up of romance, which I'm always looking for in romance. The plot was like a clogged car engine... it sputtered along and eventually gave out. Wasn't for me.
Most recent customer reviews
This is no classical billionaire story. It's kind of a hot first love young adult story.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports