You can feel it. You have something to offer the world.
With your unique combination of talents, curiosities, and past experiences, you can make something totally new.
Is it a novel? Is it a screenplay? A Michelin-star restaurant? Maybe it's the next billion-dollar app, or a world-changing non-profit.
It's something nobody else has.
You have art inside you. You can see faint flickers of a vision in your head. But how will you get from where you stand right now to that castle in the sky?
Have you ever felt paralyzed?
Have you ever stared down a blank canvas while a chorus of critics boomed in your brain?
Have you ever feared judgement? Have you ever feared failure? Have you ever succumbed to distractions?
I'm David Kadavy, and I know exactly how you feel.
I felt with an unshaken conviction that I had something inside me. I knew I wasn't living the life I was destined to live.
I was afraid of embarrassing myself. My friends and family and coworkers shot down my ideas. I was trapped in a labyrinth of fears and limiting beliefs.
Today, I'm past all of that.
Every moment of every day I spend doing what I love. I wake up when I want, I live where I want, I do the work I want to do.
I've written a bestselling book (top 20 on all of Amazon!) and I interview my heroes on my podcast – people like Seth Godin. I spend my days following my curiosity.
Most importantly, my life has purpose, and I know who I am.
With my new book, The Heart to Start, I will help you find the art inside you, and finally make it real.
It has been a long road to get here. I've been an independent creator for ten years now, making a living from writing, podcasting, and teaching what I learn along the way.
That road has been blocked by fears, darkened by the unknown, and muddied by procrastination.
James Altucher said "I wish this was the book I started with. I desperately needed it."
I desperately needed this book, too. That's why I wrote it. I hope I can give you the courage I wish I had when I was getting started.
Through the stories of great creators, from Picasso to Maya Angelou, interwoven with my own rise from cubicle-dweller to bestselling author, and from the guests of my podcast, Love Your Work
, you'll learn:
- What "inner war" is the source of your creative blocks? Learn to tame your ego through self-exploration from Steven Pressfield, Ryan Holiday, and Sean Stephenson.
- Where can you find explosive ideas worth following? Learn about the magic of your inner voice from Maya Angelou, the Impressionist painters, and J. K. Rowling.
- How can you overcome perfectionism and end procrastination? You'll hear from broadcaster Ira Glass and songwriter Ed Sheeran.
- Find the sources of writer's block hidden in your inner psychology. Get the help you need to bolster your creative confidence and change your mindset.
- Rethink time management. Boost your creative productivity by finding the time to make your art – even when you're busy.
- Fuel self-motivation through science. Learn from behavioral scientist Dan Ariely, and a U.S. submarine captain.
Whether you're writing a novel, starting a business, screenwriting, or filmmaking – whether you're a writer, an artist, an entrepreneur, or a chef – The Heart to Start
will arm you with the creative confidence you need to win the inner war and let your art shine.
Pablo Picasso once said "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
Scroll up and hit the buy button to start reading today – because the world needs your art right now.
I can't wait to see what you make. –David