- File Size: 3363 KB
- Print Length: 290 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1988035198
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Faolan's Pen Publishing Inc. (August 21, 2017)
- Publication Date: August 21, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B075146S2K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #627 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Heart of Vengeance (Vigilante Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 290 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Heart of Vengeance (Vigilante Book 1)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
A little simplistic but fun story.
Two of my favourite authors collaborating....WOOHOO hope there is more
Fun read... but bit too clichéd in parts.....from space "boy" to military genius without any oopsies...I'd have liked to see a bit more development of Brad but that said I'd continue on with the story.
waiting for the next installment.
Brad Mantruso is a young security officer aboard his uncle's interplanetary freighter, Mandarke's Heart, when it is attacked by pirates. Despite his best efforts, Brad finds himself a Dutchman, adrift in space with just his vac suit and weapons. Rescued by the Commonwealth cruiser Freedom and with no memories due to oxygen deprivation, Brad only knows a burning rage and the drive to do something. As his memories return he remembers the face of the pirate known as the Terror who has taken his life and family away from him. He changes his name to Brad Madrid to separate himself from the Mandrakes Heart and sets off in search for vengeance. Twists and turns take Brad across space and into unexpected places with an ever expanding group of allies, Brad searches out all the pirates and corruption that has allowed the piracy to flourish.
With that out of the way; Glynn Stewart and Terry Mixon are two of my favorite authors. Having the two of them collaborate on a series is just so cool as I read everything they put out. The issue I have is the MC, Mantruso/Madrid is darn so competent at what he's doing. I get he's been a crew member all his life, but what he is able to pull off is pretty amazing at his young adult age. I'm rooting for the good guy and for the final happy ending somewhere down the road, but I'm not sold on the current characterization. The story itself is very well written and the plot just moves right along. Even with my minor nit, I pretty much enjoyed the read. So, I'll be there in line waiting for the next novel in this series.
In this book, Brad, our main character, is the sole survivor of a pirate attack on his family's starship. He makes it his mission to avenge the loss of the crew (including his own family) against the most feared pirate in the galaxy. There are characters to love and hate, and unexpected events to manage - what more could you want? I finished this one in a single day, just had to know what was coming next...
Highly recommend! And, this is the first book I've seen co-written by Terry Mixon and Glenn Stewart - here's hoping it's an ongoing collaboration, I'd love to read more of Brad's adventures!
Most recent customer reviews
They took his family. He's taking their everything. Think Punisher without the lone wolf approach and space ships and swords.
Eagerly waiting for the next one.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera