- File Size: 3363 KB
- Print Length: 290 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1988035198
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Faolan's Pen Publishing Inc. (August 21, 2017)
- Publication Date: August 21, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B075146S2K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #580 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Heart of Vengeance (Vigilante Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 290 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Heart of Vengeance (Vigilante Book 1)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
waiting for the next installment.
Heart of Vengeance is... far from it. The plot is simplified and predictible. The main character is irritating and one-dimensional. Surrounding characters are of no better quality.
What we get? Well, there's a main character, a space-born, space-trained youth (in late teen or early twenties, I was not able to get it straight, to be honest). His space ship is boarded by pirates and the whole crew, including (suprise!) his first love is slaughtered. There's the first tearjerker - the love confession at the verge of death! Yes! THE CLICHE! Aweful. GAH. What happens then? The main character is narrowly escapes death and starts his path of vengeance (*hint hint nudge nudge*).
What I could not understand at all was how come, the barely trained youth became, out of the blue, a perfect tactician, strategian and soldier. How was he able to lead a spaceship and/or devise complex strategies and far-fetched plans of conquer. That not only made little sense, but also was difficult to believe and made the plot somewhat silly. No additional training, in matters of months. Of course, lots of coincidences to support weaknesses of the plot, e.g. the main character lacks a space ship? Let him meet an overly honourable ship-captain who will risk his whole career to make sure he gets one as a part of a reward. Additionally, provide him with a possibility of gaining a capable, if difficult crew, etc. etc. etc.
I was disappointed. I was bored. I will surely avoid following installments of the story. Not worth my time or money.
PS. The second star is for the good level of grammEr ( ;) ) and pretty much lack of typEs.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera