- File Size: 1148 KB
- Publication Date: June 8, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071JC49TG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,653 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Hearts on Air Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Peppered through at least one of the previous books in this series, we were given glimpses of the dynamic between Reya Cabrera and Trevor Cross. And from the novella, One Epic Night, through the morning after at the beginning of this book, we're again reminded of how easy it's been for Trevor to dote on his best friend when it suits him, only to drop her when something better comes along. Trevor has consistently taken Reya for granted, selfishly overlooking her feelings and her friendship, often leaving her (and me!) quietly heartbroken. So by chapter one in this book, I was well and truly PISSED OFF at Trevor Cross. I wanted to see Reya give him back exactly what he gave her. I wanted to see him learn, and grow, and GROVEL. I wanted to understand. LH Cosway is such a master at creating brilliant romances between unique characters that are rarely easy but always honest... and that was the case with Reya and Trev. It turns out what I needed was honesty and truth. And that was somehow much more satisfying and right for this couple than an angsty, tumultuous story would've been.
This story is a bit slow burning, a bit frustrating. It's a necessary journey toward understanding, toward acceptance, toward forgiveness and that journey can feel painstaking at times. But it also feels just right. Reya and Trev and their course, both in the past and in the present, is a journey that was both painful and incredibly satisfying. Sometimes wanting to see a character hurt, wanting to see him grovel, wanting to see him suffer for what he put another person through is not as satisfying as coming to understand him, as forgiving him. LH Cosway beautifully crafts a love story with Hearts on Air that was really eye opening for me. It truly gripped my heart and made me see the truth of this love story in a way I wasn't expecting. I wanted to be angry for Reya, for her heartbreak and her abandonment. I wanted Trev to get a dose of his own medicine, to hurt, and to feel unwanted. But the growth in this story is everything, the understanding these characters come to about each other and about themselves is exactly what I needed to feel.
This story is not only a lovely second chance romance, it's also a beautiful ode to every character that has fallen apart and fallen in love throughout this series. Cosway seamlessly weaves so many of her characters into this book, reminding her readers why they lost their HEARTS to this series in the first place. An illusionist, a circus act, a businessman, and a family of criminals were brought through the wringer in this series, but through love and forgiveness, they found their happily ever after with their soulmates. Each story is refreshing and absolutely nothing like the last book or the next, and Hearts on Air is no exception. This book is sweet and sexy and full of heart... and it makes me want to go all the way back to the beginning just to feel all the feels all over again.
1. It's a second chance romance, a trope I'm extremely picky about.
2. The story revolves around a reality show. I hate reality TV, and although the few books I've read with this storyline have been 4-stars and I enjoyed them, I still get twitchy whenever I start one.
3. I'd been waiting for this book for TWO YEARS, so my expectations were pretty freaking high. And I've been let down a lot by sky high expectations before--something I think we can all relate to.
Individually, these aren't too bad. But all three together?!??? And yeah, I was panicky. Thankfully, I ended up really enjoying this!! And I don't know why I was worried because it's L.H. freaking Cosway. She's AWESOME and has written a couple of my all-time favorite novels, so I should've known she could pull it off.
So, like I said, I've been waiting for Trevor and Reya's story since we met them in Hearts of Blue. They're best friends, but she's secretly in love with him. After sharing one night together One Epic Night, she starts to believe it's finally their time. Unfortunately, circumstances have other plans. The next day Trevor receives a phone call that his reality television series has been given the green-light. It's the chance of a lifetime and despite his feelings for Reya, he takes it. They do try to make it work, but eventually life pulls them apart.
Normally I don't like time jumps, typically because I find them unnecessary. But their separation (of two years) felt warranted. Trevor needed to grow up and I felt he did that. He took her for granted. Part of it was his age, but another part was his ADHD. It almost sounds like a copout if you don't read the book. But ADHD *does* affect relationships and even though I only have minor personal experience with it, I thought Cosway did a good job of illustrating it. I don't believe his indifference came from a cruel place. He really just needed to grow up.
"He's been adamant about making a change. I've never seen him so determined. There's a new maturity to him."
"He didn't have time for the truth."
I think this is SPOT. ON. While in previous books I was mad about his dismissal of Reya, Cosway truly made me believe in their love. I felt his regret...
"Because you're the best friend I've ever had, and losing you is my biggest regret, the worst thing that ever happened to me."
"It pains me to think of how careless I was with you back then. If I hadn't been so messed up I swear I would've treated you like a princess."
And he I truly believed he had changed by the end..
"I'm not missing any more of your birthdays. Not a single one," he said, his tone adamant.
I LOVED Reya! Cosway writes some of the best heroines in my opinion, I always find myself relating to them. I think what I love the most is how down to earth she was. Yes, she had insecurities, but she wasn't ruled by them << THAT was awesome to see. But my heart still broke for her.
"Why couldn't I ever be the main priority in someone's life? Was it selfish to want to be number one to just one person?"
She was also really funny, which is another trait I love about Cosway's heroines.
"If somebody makes it so I can get away with wearing slippers outdoors, I’m all for that."
"I was curious. Okay, nosy was probably the more appropriate word."
"There's no stopping these slutty ovaries. All they seem to want to do is make babies."
There were times when some might label her a "doormat," but I never felt that way. I truly believe she loved him, but she was also young and didn't realize how much growing up he needed to do. Rather than being frustrated, I was impressed with how she held onto her love and waited for him.
"He smelled like home. He embraced me like love."
She didn't pine away or immediately forgive him, but she didn't deny her feelings either.
"I never had any other choice but to love you, did I?"
And she eventually came to see she deserved more.
"Trev was the boy you loved who never noticed you existed. I needed to love a boy who would make me his entire world."
My worries turned out to be unfounded. Overall this was a pretty successful second chance romance, for my picky tastes. The reality TV didn't play a huge, or annoying, part. And I wasn't let down after two years of waiting :)
There were only two things that kept it from being 5-stars.
1. One of my biggest pet peeves in a second chance romance is lack of communication, and extra unnecessary drama at the end. I was so happy that neither was the case here. Ironically though, the slow burn was a little too slow for me. The first (reunited) kiss didn't happen until pretty late in the novel. Now before you call me ridiculous and indecisive, both of which I am anyways, I want to point out that when Cosway writes her romances, she really focuses on the couple. So where other novels might have the couple meeting at 10% and have other random scenes interspersed, her characters are together in almost every scene. It's one of the reasons I love her writing, because sometimes I just want to focus on the couple. That being said, it meant I waited a really long time because any action happened between them. Like I mentioned, I LOVED the communication. But I still wanted them together a little sooner. Apparently I'm goldilocks when it comes to timing in a second chance romance. There's like a 5% window, and too much either way throws me off.
2. The lack of Trevor's perspective. I know all the books in this series are told in the heroine's POV, but I think I've just become spoiled by dual POV. I'm constantly craving both sides of the story. And since the story is told with only a few flashbacks, we would have primarily gotten a mature Trevor's POV, which is something I would've loved to read!
These are both personal preferences and in no way would keep me from recommending this book or series <3
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Here is what I loved about this book:
- Really well developed characters, especially Trevor.Read more
“You’re the best friend I’ve ever had, and losing you is my biggest regret, the worst thing that ever happened to...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sports
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports