Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Hearts in Defiance: A Christian Historical Western Romance Set in Colorado (Romance in the Rockies Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 422 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 14 - 18|
- Book 2 of 5 in Romance in the Rockies
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Well written sequel though it could stand alone. The characters are real not plastic cut out Christians who are never tempted or torn. The plot twists were surprising but natural, not forced. I really HOPE there is another sequel following up on the previously soiled doves-- now new creations-- as well as Emilio. Snickerfritz, Amazon Reviewer
- I loved this second book in the series. I could not put it down (had to take my kindle with me everywhere in case I had time to get a few minutes). And....there is nothing better than a reformed rake....oh Charles....what a swoonworthy guy! I adored their story. Looking forward to more thunder and lightening from them if we see another book in this series. Heather is an outstanding writer.... -- J. Kimble, Amazon Reviewer
- A refreshing and rewarding read. Both book 1 and book 2 are good reads. One premise in these books is very true: men may have opened and settled the West, but it required women--good women-- to civilize it. -- Sylvia Idom, Amazon Reviewer
- If you read A Lady in Defiance, a best-seller on Amazon, you have been waiting for this one. If you start with this one, which works fine, you'll go back to see how they all ended up in Defiance, a Colorado mining town. The three sisters brought the Gospel alive in the Colorado mining town, but now their lives and loves are spun out of control with tests of forgiveness, true love, and courage. How they stay true to the Truth will encourage your own faith -- I couldn't put it down. -- Mrs. P Edits, Amazon Reviewer
From the Author
What an amazing journey I'vebeen on these last several years, but especially the last two. I self-publishedA Lady in Defiance in February of 2012 and, by the grace ofGod, it became a bestseller. No marketing. No publisher. No PR.Just God and your word-of-mouth. I don't have the words to expressmy gratitude to Him for His grace, or to you for picking up a book by anunknown author and then telling your friends about it. Oh, thank you, thank you.
Against the advice of folksin the traditional publishing industry, I opted to write the sequel Heartsin Defiance for you, the reader. Aren't all books written for the reader?Hardly. Just like A Lady in Defiance, this is an ensemble piece.Publishers are leery of those. The plots are too complicated. And while Heartsis a stand-alone story, it picks up where the first left off. Again, not whatpublishers suggested. They wanted a new storyline with only slight referencesto the first book.
I couldn't do it.
I wanted to write the story youwanted to read. I hope and pray I have accomplished that. I've read youremails, reviews on Amazon, and comments on Facebook; then evaluated yourdesires for the sequel and tried to work them into this new story.
I also wanted to write astory that would show, no matter who you are or what you've done, God iswaiting to forgive you, but you need to accept His forgiveness. Even after wetake it to God, most of us hang onto our sin, letting it slither around us likean evil, constricting vine from the Black Forest. That's an illusion. Oncewe're forgiven, sin is only a thin, brittle piece of wood covered in deadleaves. Accept His forgiveness, raise your arms to heaven, and explode thatvine! Rejoice as the dust settles at your feet. You are worthy of His love, youare redeemed, and you are free!
I hope in this book, gentlereader, you will hear the Father bending down to whisper in your ear, "You'rea new creation, beloved. No more looking back."
- Publisher : Rivulet Publishing (September 26, 2014)
- ASIN : B00MR11OPA
- Publication Date : September 26, 2014
- File Size : 18605 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 422 pages
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Language: : English
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #426,322 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: