Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on July 17, 2016
This is a great story, a story of second chances, of home, small community, friends and supporting families. I'm planning to read the next story in line with the hope that the author has added experiences that will help write the story.

Although perhaps the Christian religious notes and thoughts might have been more that I'm used to, it didn't bother me at all. I'm guessing, however, that with that much religious faith and beliefs expressed, it might be a turn-off for some readers. It's still okay for me, but...

Patrick
on May 14, 2012
I lost sleep while reading this book... because I did not want to put it down! Kate took my heart on a journey from Tennessee to Ohio. I loved how Jen Stephens weaved in finding faith through a hard life change with Kate and her daugther. Weaving the plan destined for us not only was found in Kate's character, but in also those around her. The relationships that surrounded Kate were built-in surprises and showed the reader how God also worked through these people and by His ultimate design. I don't want to give too much away because if you read this book, you will want to discover your own heart through the pages and, yes, lose sleep too! I can't wait for the next Harvest Bay book by Jen Stephens!
on May 18, 2016
This a great read for someone who is looking for a story that captivates you from beginning to end. This is not your typical "I know how it ends" book.
on June 9, 2017
Loved this book!
on July 1, 2013
A move home to be with family a journey home for the heart, a rekindling of love... are just a few of the things this story is about. For more than one person it is a true journey home, a rekindling of faith, a resurgence of hope in what was once lost. Great story about truly coming home
on December 11, 2012
THE HEART’S JOURNEY HOME by Jen Stephens combines the somewhat complicated stories of Kate, Nathan, Adam, and Denise. Kate is a young widow with a small daughter. Adam and Denise are single parents, due to divorces, and Nathan is a single, successful doctor who’s in love with his sister-in-law, Kate.
Throughout the book, there are various love triangles and confusions, which, thankfully, are completely resolved by the end of the book.
I had a few problems with some of the theology in THE HEART’S JOURNEY HOME and with some of the activities that seemingly strong believers had no problems participating in. There is, however, a solid Christian message in this book. Salvation is explained very well.
I loved the portrayals of the single parents and their struggles with grief, abandonment, and self-blame. I liked that this book includes the struggles (and happiness) of the children involved, two of them young teens. I felt Ms. Stephens did an excellent job with these. I also enjoyed a new-to-me use of Scriptures about sport combined with actual sports analogies. Excellent. I loved Kate’s relationships with her parents, sister, and especially her grandpa. I also really enjoyed watching Nathan’s walk with God put into action, even when he had to sacrifice everything to please God.
THE HEART’S JOURNEY HOME is well-written and flows nicely. The stories are told sensitively and well. Overall, it is a good read, although I wouldn’t recommend it as a manual for how to do things biblically.
on June 14, 2013
The characters are believable with real life stores of love and loss. Great character development and real tension as Kate is drawn to two men. The Christian message resonated with me without being preachy. The author does a good job of balancing the two.
on June 9, 2016
Enjoyed this book very much.
on September 8, 2014
Very engaging story with lots of ups and downs. Many good principles for living were brought out. I like her writing style and had a hard time putting it down.
on July 26, 2014
The book was OK. Too many twists and turns for my preference and not really believable as a story, in my opinion. Enjoyed getting to "know" the characters.