- File Size: 615 KB
- Print Length: 67 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 17, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072TMDGRB
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #467,491 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Heart's Lullaby: A candid portrayal of love in all its splendor and pain Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
"Tears are now my souvenirs
For that perfect day has come and gone."
There are poems on the love of children, of parents, and on the inevitability of time. My favorite poem, titled simply "Time" begins:
Is not an enemy
Of the heart
But a tempest for the mind..."
Well worth the read if you're in the mood for an elegant meditation on the permutations of love.
Although I enjoy reading poetry I had never read a book of poetry before now. I was inspired to read The Heart’s Lullaby, because I am a member of the Rave Reviews Book Club and many of the club’s members read the book and spoke highly of it.
The theme of this book is love and there are messages of compassion, grief, strength and hope.
I was impressed by the entire collection of poems. While some of the poems made me smile and inspired me, others moved me to tears, and many of the poems struck me with beauty and insight. As I read, I got a sense of honesty and passion in Natalie’s words. However, the overall mood of the collection is soothing and peaceful.
Poet Natalie Ducey used words in new and fascinating ways to create a unique book of poetry that I would gladly recommend to anyone who enjoys reading poetry.
I did begin to understand the essence of most of these poems, and in understanding, enjoyed a lot of them. I enjoyed the stories they told, and the feelings they evoked. I am beginning to enjoy and understand poetry, thanks for the opportunity of reading books like this one.
Why can't you just see
Holding onto you
I'm losing me.' From Letting Go.
And ... 'Set me free
She begged against the darkness
Wounds unseen, but ravished deep' From Fragile One.
At about 67 Kindle pages, it's a quick read and a beautiful book to dip in and out of or to savour with a cuppa.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Themes & Styles > Love Poems
- Books > Parenting & Relationships
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Love & Erotica