Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on May 3, 2016
Love, love, love this book! I read it in a day because I couldn't put it down. I was a big fan of one of another of Kris Radish books called Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral and called it one of my favorite books but Hearts On A String adds to that. It kept me reading because of the writing and the fabulous characters. It too is a book about heart and friendship. How many of us would form a friendship with strangers? This book so resonated with my heart. It has quirkiness, humor and heart. I now know Kris Radish is one of my favorite authors. Enjoy her writing, it may bring you to a new point in your life. And it has many surprises you didn't see coming.
on August 24, 2010
I have loved, and gifted, some of Ms. Radish's earlier books but found her work before this, "Searching for Paradise . . ." a disappointment. I had high hopes for this, her latest book, but it seems her trajectory continues to go down instead of up. I'm left to wonder if Ms Radish has lost her zest for writing and is merely plugging words into a formula that no longer works. "A group of women, strangers to one another?" Check. "At varying stages of life?" Check. "Lots of emotional baggage littering the landscape?" Check. "Strengthened by the bonds of sisterhood, community, and a little male bashing?" Check. Actually, it's not just that the formula is tired and tread bare; the characters here are simply not very likable and it was very hard to get past the beginning of the book which is filled with bickering and sniping. I missed the spirit and humor - and yes, the esprit de corps I've come to expect from Radish's women. I'm not sure if I'll buy another of her books.
on August 31, 2013
I have always enjoyed Kris Radish's books. This one was not very good. It seemed to take forever to get from one topic to the next, the character's weren't likeable into more than midway through the book and the story was not believable.
I love stories about women and how they interact if the story is written well. This one missed the mark entirely.
There were a few sections that kept me reading but then the story bogged down again with too much trivial information and it was tough going.
I'm hoping that the next two books I've downloaded from Kris are better than this book.
on August 9, 2016
Another winner! Kris Radish has a way of making your heart soar. No one writes stories about women and the bonds of female friendships the way she does! I feel everything from sadness to elation, highs and lows and everything inbetween on my journey through her stories. Female empowerment is always a gift! So inspiring!
on February 22, 2016
Once again, Ms. Radish has given us an unexpected and delightful look into the nature of what women's friendships can and should be. I fall into her books the way I fall into a cool pool of water on a hot August day, knowing that I'll have fun and come out again refreshed!
on September 6, 2011
Sometimes there is an author who touches you so much that the only review that you need to hear, is that it was written by that person. For me, Kris Radish is one of those writers. I love everything she writes. I wait eagerly to hear that there is another book that she is gifting to the world. I can only ever hope that one of my books someday touches someone the way her, Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn, touched me, and none of her writing ever disappoints me. This book makes me glad I was born female and sorry I took so long to celebrate that.

Dixie D. M. Goode
on January 8, 2017
The author brings these diverse lives together and in the end it shows all woman are the different but can become friends.
on August 6, 2016
Very good book with some twist that you may not be expecting. I wasn't...would recommend. Like the name of the book and the story behind the title.
on February 15, 2011
I love Kris Radish normally but this book is way too contrived. The book moves slowly and the reactions of the women to the storm and each other are not believable. I am so disappointed. I wanted to read a typical Radish book that entertained and made me appreciate women's friendships. I wish I hadn't purchased this book.
on May 17, 2016
Loved this book! Great story with great women!