Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Heat Factory Premium Hand Warmers, 12 Pair Pack
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Size: 12 Pairs|Change

on January 26, 2013
We regularly use hand warmers on camping trips and for winter baseball games. Don't let the lower price suck you in to buying these. They are supposed to last at least 10 hours. They don't even come close. Gave my son a pack of 2 to keep in the dugout and they were cold within 4 hours (outdoor temp 45-55). I ran my own comparison test and used one of these in 1 glove and another warmer that I had that was almost 3 years old by Grabber at the same time in the other glove. This one was old within 3 hours but the Grabber lasted well into the following morning. I will NOT buy this make again.
on December 8, 2011
I have used just about every brand of hand warmer to keep my hands from freezing during winter working conditions. The Heat Factory warmers are fedinately my favorite. They are small and fit well into gloves. They are warm enough to keep your fingers toasty but never seem to get too hot. The best feature is the long heat life. These are rated to ten hours while most others only last eight. Be advised, like most air-activated hand warmers these take about half an hour to warm up. I open them and give them a good shake when I get into the car on my way to work and they are nice and toasty when I arrive. I would highly recommend these hand warmers. Stay warm!
on January 23, 2013
I'm on my 6th bag, and still NOTHING! Sorry to say these don't work. Expiration date is November of 2016. Took them out ice fishing to warm our hands, and they didn't warm at all. We shook, squeezed, wrung, tried everything and nothing. $14.00 is a lot of money to spend on duds! I wouldn't even waste my money.
on February 20, 2014
I bought these because they were cheap enough to use, one at a time, on twenty minute drives home when it's really cold here in Jersey from December to February. My plan was to open one before I would leave work and alternate the warmer between my driving hand and my free hand. I assumed that these would be hotter than putting my hand over the heating vent, but they're not. Maybe a fistful (five or so) of these things would be adequate to warm a cold hand. The packages can be split to only expose one at a time to air, so that's good.

The other problem with these is that they don't give off their maximum level of heat until around an hour after opening, so they're useless for those who would like some spontaneous heat.

So...yeah, there is an exothermic reaction going on here, but not anything on the level that the product description would lead one to believe.
on February 9, 2012
I brought about a dozen of these to Northern China this last January, where it was -15 f. My family was skeptical that they could warm your hands up there, since they had never seen these before. By the end of the trip I had every aunt and uncle asking for more. Seriously does the job well.

Note: they don't really stay hot for 10+ hours, more like ~4 hours. But they still work very well. I like cracking open two at a time and putting one in each coat pocket. And at $.50 a pop, these are a life saver.
on November 15, 2014
What a waste. We opened 4 2-packs of these for use as indicated, in between clothing layers. Of the 8 pieces total, 4 gave off only very slight warmth for under an hour. 4 worked pretty well for about 3 hours. No detectable heat after that. And the expiration date on the package is well into 2018, so I suspect inadequate packaging, although the wrappers seemed to be fully sealed.
on April 11, 2015
I have Raynaud's, so regular gloves do not keep my fingers warm when I'm running in cold weather. Using these with my gloves really help my winter running. You don't want to put these in contact with your skin, so I use running gloves that have a dual cover - a base glove that covers each of the fingers, and a flap that goes over the base glove. There are two hand warmers in a pack, and I put one over each glove under the flap. It works really well.
on January 16, 2014
If you spend time outdoors in single-digit (and below) weather, these are a necessity. I have gloves with pockets for them, but I also just toss them into my regular fleecy winter gloves making sure when I stick my hands in, the packs are on the backs of my hands. Perfect! There's nothing like numb fingertips to really ruin an otherwise awful day, and these do the trick to keep that from happening. I put them in the hip pockets of my jeans, my coat pockets...wherever I'm feeling the chill. Highly recommended! And they really do last for at least 8 hours before they cool off.
on July 27, 2015
Better than the last set I bought. When they advertise 10-12 hours with the Heat Factory warmers, that is correct. Although I have to use 2 packs in each glove, even in Florida winters. (You probably could get away with one pack for each hand.) After cycling for a couple of hours, I can just carry them around in pants pockets or hoodie. They have so much heat when kept in my front jeans' pockets I have to take them out and move them to another location. It comes close to being TOO hot. A box of 40 pairs gets me through the whole winter. I order more each fall and then start all over, again.
on August 3, 2015
I hope this review helps you. I always read reviews when I purchase. I would call these good, but not great. When they say how long they last they are pretty optimistic and must be stating that time, not on how long they have usable heat, but how long they feel even a bit warm. I use about 100 a year for a very unusual application and these are the ones I buy. They last long enough, although not as long as stated. And for the price difference, they are a great product.