Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on January 10, 2016
I honestly did not plan to read this book so soon, I was going to end 2015 with 198 books because I was sure I couldn’t read anymore in the little bit of time I had left. Then I remembered, this one and A Little Bit of Hot are very short, not even 100 pages, so I actually ended 2015 with 200 books thanks to these freebies by Elle Kennedy.

All Fired Up was the first book that I had read by this author, who was actually a co-author on this story, and I loved it. Even though I gave this book four stars, I loved this one as well.

Even though it was under 100 pages, I could imagine the story behind it because the author made a time frame in which they knew each other, a year. So I could imagine all of the silly little conversations, the flirting that seemed to have failed, how they felt after their conversations. In my mind, the author was able to convey all of that by giving the readers a time frame.

Her writing style is off the charts by the way, I started off reading this in a rush trying to get it done before the year ended and I was still sucked into this world.

The way this author writes, I can feel a very strong connection to the characters, I even thought I was going to cry at the end. I have to applaud any author who can make me feel so much in such a short book.

The next book I’m going to review by this author is even shorter than this one but this author knows how to write situations and characters to keep her readers coming back for more.

There’s a warning for this book but, I did expect something a little more than what the author gave. I can’t recall which book it is, but I have a strong feeling about Rocky Mountain Heat, that had an even more intense menage scene than this book has.

I think that’s why I gave this book four stars in stead of five, also I would have liked to see them laugh and connect a little bit more with each other.
on May 6, 2015
SEALS are known for their intelligence and alpha qualities. Here we have a SEAL who has been interested in a girl and didn't notice she had been flirting with him for a YEAR!! A self-described Man-Ho, we find out that he hasn't had sex in more than a year. Gee, wouldn't that have made it easier to pick up on the vibes she was tossing his way?

Overhearing a conversation about her that she doesn't like, our heroine decides to show her sexual prowess by asking for a threesome. This of course instantly morphs into our hero and heroine realizing how much they love each other. I guess there's nothing like seeing the woman you've idolized for a year giving lip service to your best friend to cement those romantic feelings....

It would be hard to describe the characters as more than one-dimensional and equally difficult to see the romance in this.

Within a few hours, our hero can't believe how things just getting better between them. What??? Sadly, within an hour he is stomping off to war in a snit because she had the nerve to ask if he would be faithful to her while he was overseas. Hmmm.... maybe a couple hours after a threesome isn't the best time to try to talk about the whole monogamy issue. His over the top "our friendship has taught you nothing about me (he didn't let her know anything about himself during the course of their friendship).... everything that happened last night didn't make an impact on you..." is trite.

Luckily, a chopper load of SEALS off to a mission waits around for the twelve hour girlfriend to make amends. Oooph! I guess not all SEAL missions are time sensitive or that important. Maybe it was a donut run.

Maybe the witty dialogue will capture your fancy:

"No getting up." "I have to." "I forbid it."

"You should go." Yeah, I really should." "Go." "Fine." You'd think if you were writing a novella, you'd want to make the most of every word.

My advice: download a sample first.
on June 19, 2011
This is actually a prequel to the Out of Uniform Series, I think it does not show as the first book because its just a bit shorter than the other books, and was probably a part of summer reads. This is a short novella. But I consider it the first book of the series.

Shelby and Garrett have become friends during the past year but only because Garrett has ignored Shelby's overtures for more. Garrett is crazy for Shelby but thinks she is too proper to consider him as a partner...

Shelby overhears Garrett's friend describe her as vanilla and immediately challenges the two of them to a menage...

I thought the book omitted a lot of opportunity to develop the characters but you only have so much time in roughly 1500 lines. Jumping from flirting to a menage was a bit of a stretch and I have to suspend reality to think for one moment that it wouldn't break up a good friendship - but this is fiction so go with it.

If you are looking for exciting SEAL action like Suzanne Brockmann - forget it. This is not that kind of book. If you're reading for pure entertainment and you don't mind a lot of sex, this is for you. The SEALs are all good friends and buddies but you don't see much military action at all. If you read more of the books you will hear more about the characters from previous books.

The storyline is good, the story is good but don't make it more than what it is. I've read the following books and have enjoyed them because they are quick and funny. Yes, I will read more Elle Kennedy books.
on November 8, 2014
Shelby and John have been dancing around their feelings for each other for a year. One hot night, however, Shelby finds an opportunity to fulfill her fantasies with John and another friend - but it's clear the friend won't be around for long. Soon it's just Shelby and John getting honest, which may tear them apart.

I loved this story, mainly because it features a hero who understands that fulfilling a lady's sexual fantasy doesn't spell the doom of a relationship. He loves his lady's sexual side and doesn't see her as a slut or that it makes her less of a good woman just because she has a wild side. Do men like this exist in real life?

Also, the writing is stellar and lays down the relationship between the main characters prior to getting hot and heavy so that you feel all the longing and desire. Carson, the third man in the room, is present enough but not too obtrusive that he presents a problem in the narrative. Very nicely handled.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR A SHORT, RED-HOT READ.
on July 10, 2015
This was a short quick read that I liked. Shelby Harper has lusted over Navy Seal John Garrett for over a year, but no matter how many sexy signals she sends out, the man shows a complete lack of interest in getting naked. That is until she over hears him telling a friend that he thought she was vanilla she sets out to prove to him that she was not, by suggesting that they have a threesome. This book was pretty good and hot I mean two hot Navy Seals and one lucky girl. I would have liked more of the back story between the MC's. This book was well written and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
on September 21, 2014
It was a fine, fluffy read that required no brain power. It took about an hour to read. The sex scene was fine but the book lacked heart. I not believe that John and Shelby's relationship would last more than a few months, if that long. John and Shelby wanted to be with each other for a long time but had no problem having a threesome with John's friend, Garrett, even prior to going on a date or doing anything with each other. Garrett acted like the experience did not mean anything more than gratifying a sexual urge, a one night stand, someone to tap and move on.
on December 8, 2014
While a ménage happened, I don't think of this book as a ménage book. It enabled the 2 main characters to get together after hemming and hawing for a year. While the length is what I'd call a short story, I believe other reviewers tried to blame the author. Ummm excuse me, but do you NOT realize that you can see the number of pages? Sheesh, under 50 pages isn't going to get you much background, people.

Personally, I think the author did a good job of the background of their attraction, then to get you to the start of the relationship. I think another chapter or 2 to get him home and seal the deal is what was needed. But then again, these characters weren't talking to ME, they were telling Elle their story.
on March 19, 2011
I came accross this book by accident and am glad I read it. This is a short love story full of humor, fun and sexiness! Don't expect it to be a full romance novel, it is not, you will probably finish it in a single sitting. Garrett is a Navy Seal and has been going into Shelby's bakery for about a year. He has the hots for her and she has the hots for him, but somehow they both missed each other's signal until one day she overheard pieces of a conversation between Garrett and his best friend Carson. She thought the reason why he wouldn't go out with her was because she was a good girl and a little too tame. After that, she set out to prove him wrong by propositioning him and his best friend to have a fling with her.

Garrett was shocked, but he agreed because he wanted to be with her any way possible. There is a m/f/m scene, but it was just rated R and not graphic. This is a beginning of what looks to be a fun and sexy little series by Elle Kennedy.

Story was short and sweet, full of sexiness, humor and perfect to read if you don't want to start reading a book that will take too long. It is just enough to put a smile on your face. Looking forward to reading about Carson next...
on February 8, 2014
When you read Elle Kennedy, you know what you are getting. Fire-starting heat! What a great way to start a series-- "vanilla, sweet girl" meets SEAL with a reputation for being a ladies man and rumors of kink and threesomes. They lust after each other for a year without the other knowing - and that's when the story begins. Shelby proves she is not as vanilla and John Garrett thinks by having a threesome with Garrett and his buddy, Carson.

Definitely a wonderful love story and the characters are beginning to be developed. I assume they will be in future books in the series, I will feel let down if they aren't. The sex scenes and descriptions are NOT for the innocent- Elle Kennedy doesn't hold back! Hot!
on March 16, 2015
This is a good quick read romance novel. If you are used to more of a 200-300 page novel, this book lacks some of the relationship building between the characters. But not to worry you do get a lot of the good stuff. Overall for a quick read I would recommend this book.