Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on March 3, 2017
I purchased these mats when we lived in Nebraska and have since moved to Wyoming. This is by far the best purchase I have made. We have a very large deck leading to our backyard and with 2 dogs, these are fantastic, especially if you are familiar with Wyoming winters! We even have a few neighbors who have bought HeatTrak at our recommendation. If anyone is hesitant about the cost, don't be, these mats certainly pay for themselves with the ease of use and comfort of knowing our dogs and ourselves will not slip! My husband and I certainly thank you Heat Trak, and our dogs are very happy pups!!
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2013
I can never quite decide if I think it's an advantage that HeatTrak sells all of the components for its heated walkway and stair mats separately, so you can add on to a configuration without needing another power unit, or whether it's a ripoff that you can't use the mats to begin with without making an additional purchase. I have an old house with limited outdoor electrical outlets, so the 6-foot cord is never long enough, either. Be that as it may, the HeatTrak system itself is fantastic! I've used the stair mats for several years on a set of front-door concrete steps that used to give me homeowner liability nightmares in the winter, and this year I added a walkway mat to the ever-icy backdoor entry (thus the need for a second power unit). Just this morning I enjoyed that safe (and a little smug) feeling again as I woke to the results of night-long freezing rain, sleet, and slush to find my steps and walkway ice- and snow-free. Next year I'm definitely adding a doormat to the garage entry! (As well as, sigh, another separate power unit).
Each of these HeatTrak HR-P Control units can control up to fifteen HeatTrak HR10-30 Residential Snow & Ice Heated Safety Tread, 10-Inch by 30-Inch, 120 Volt or five HeatTrak HR20-60 Residential Snow & Ice Heated Walkway Mat, 20-Inch by 5-Foot, 120 Volt (or a combination of each), so we needed two units to control two Step Mats coupled to four Walkway Mats and one for five additional Walkway Mats. These work pretty much as expected, with the following observations:

+ Easy To Install; connects to mats via a waterproof coupler
+ Heats Up Fast; was over 80 degrees Fahrenheit after fifteen minutes

See my individual reviews of the Walkway and Stair mats if interested those products.

Recommended!

CFH
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2016
I purchased this power unit, five step pads and a 6 ' mat in Nov 2010. I then added another mat the following year. I use it on my deck and steps for our greyhounds in the winter. It works great. Just had to replace the power supply after 6 years. I use a device that turns the power on @ 35 degrees and off again when the temperature rises. Has worked well to date keeping the ice and snow clear.
on April 2, 2017
Excellent
on December 8, 2016
My favorite winter product. Works great
on December 13, 2015
The mats work very well but the power unit has "burned out" for the second time and I have had to order a third since I have some capital in the mats. (I have a system wide whole house surge control unit so that is not the problem. If the manufacturer doesn't fix it forget the product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2017
Arrived in timely manner, easy to install and works nicely!
on February 22, 2013
This power unit is required for the heating mats we purchased for our front steps. It makes the set even more expensive but we are hoping that it will work for years to come and save us from worrying about the ice that would naturally form in that area. I found the set EASY to set up even though it can seem daunting if you read the directions (like I did). The connections are water tight and safe for the snow conditions they are designed to function in.
on February 19, 2013
Well you have to hae this in order for the HeatTrak to work. Would recommend the remote control if your plug-in is not convenient to the doorway.