Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 137 reviews
on December 19, 2013
Since getting this and winter has come, you can get slightly better deals. But this is a solid heater that works well.

Heat Output:
It won't keep you too warm in sub 40 degree weather unless you stand right under it, but for sub 50 it works great for a larger (sitting) area.

Assembly & Ballast:
Ours came mostly assembled so it was a cinch to put the rest together (about 20 minutes). The longest part of assembly was peeling off the protective blue plastic sheets. The drink stand has turned out to be oft used but because I don't trust the adjustable slide i leave it all the way down so I can trust putting glasses and plates on it without mishap. I did not bother putting in sand or whatnot into the base as the tank and the unit seem pretty heavy as is. Unless on a slope or in extremely heavy winds or you rugby-tackle it or climb it, it is very unlikely to fall over. Ballast sand might only help a bit more for the case of a small child climbing it.... maybe. Teach your small children to not climb patio heaters (good parenting tip).

Finish:
I chose this hammered finish look because I felt it would hold up best and look best for outdoor use vs. shiny steel or smooth finish. Should also be easier to touch up with hammered rustoleum if ever needed. It definitely does not show fingerprints like steel finish would and matches well our oiled-bronze/grey/brown patio environment .

Noise:
The noise level is great. Except on the highest setting, the sound of the gas is barely noticeable. And on high, it is not loud enough to be a distraction to casual conversation under the unit.

*Rust Update*: After a full season (bought last fall, reviewed in December 2013), I am still happy with this unit. However, I want to note that a fair amount of rust has appeared along the bottom of the unit particularly along the rolled metal edges of the bottom of the base. I had hoped this finish would be impervious to rust, but obviously is not. The heater has been outside all year in a semi-covered location when stored (under house eave on patio), but it is in a location that gets some indirect rain/snow at the base in any inclement weather. I will try touching up with rustoleum of similar finish but I am sure it will never be the same. Additionally, for winter, it seems wise to put these up on some kind of blocks if outside, or completely covered area/shed to better protect from the wet.
on November 28, 2016
This is supposedly their "Premium" line. The unit is made with very thin metal and the base was deformed and wobbled when assembled. According to the instructions: "call us, do not return to store". When I called to see about getting a new base, I was told I had to email. I did, and email response was that since I bought on Amazon, call them. Boxed up and sent back. Other concerns are the wheels seem like they will not last long, the tank is held in by a strap, and the screws that hold the entire unit to the base are very small.
This does not look like it will hold up well and the customer service was lacking.
on June 2, 2015
I've used this heater once for a party and it worked great.

After I assembled it did take me a good 30 minutes to get it working but that was my fault. I bought a new 20 lb propane tank from Home Depot to go with this heater. The new tanks will not release gas simply by opening the valve at the top. It has a sort of automatic check valve which won't open unless the regulator (hose) on the heater is screwed all the way on. I mean ALLL the way. It looked like it was screwed on good and it was very tight and wouldn't turn any more but after taking it off and on a few times I was able to screw it on even more than the previous times. So it must be aligned correctly or else you'll think it's on all the way but no propane will be able to leave the tank.

The table is a very nice addition for drinks or food or anything. It is easily adjustable in height with large black plastic nuts. Looks great. I ordered a good $40 patio heater cover as well and I first thought the cover was not going to fit due to the table but then I realized I could just lower the table all the way down to store it in the cover and raise it as I please on the next use.

The heat output is great! Standing close to it really warmed the top of my head a little too much for comfort but sitting next to it would be perfect. Again, the heat output was awesome, however, if some wind picks up it really takes away the heat. I'm betting it will perform better if situated near a wall and I'm positive there will be no lessened performance if shielded from the wind. I plan to buy a high-center pitched tarp canopy with enclosable side walls to shield from the wind and have a nice warm space in my backyard for the cold nights with guests. I'm a 3-ft clearance from a flame-retardant (not fire-proof) tarp should be sufficient.

The first time I lit the pilot I used a stick lighter thinking my ignition button was a dud. But later that night the ignition button lit it right up without a problem. Maybe it just needed to get warmed up.

Overall, I've received compliments from my guest and I am happy with the quality, look, and price of this product and would recommend.
on December 18, 2016
I'll go 4 Stars for this. It took me longer to peel the protective coating off the stainless then it did to assemble.

Lots of small sharp edges that will bite you during assembly but are covered up once assembled.

Directions are OK.
Clearly written by someone for whom English is 3rd language.

As far as heat output it net all my expectations. Perfect for Cigar time on the patio after the cooler weather sets in.
I have (2) so they are spaced out to keep a (4) some warmed. Good up to about 40deg. After that they can't keep up.
on April 28, 2017
Great deal on an open-box. Had a dent and two nuts missing but I fixed it up. Unit was purchased in anticipation that our patio heater of 12 years may be on it's last season. It was delivered quickly, went together easily -- aside from the minor problems. I put a tank in, turned it on per the instructions and it works perfectly. I am sitting under it as I write this review and I am toasty warm.
on April 15, 2017
We purchased this item for my mother's birthday in February. Now that the weather is nicer we decided to open it up and set up on her new deck. I am so disappointed. Half of the pieces are missing from the box and we cannot use it. This was going to be such an addition to our family nights out on the deck and now we can't even use it.

I didn't want to do this review publicly but I could not find where to contact the seller from my purchase. If someone could contact me about this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
on June 25, 2016
I purchsed 2 of these and put them together in under an hour each. It's well packaged so you'll spend a lot of time taking everything out of the packing- a good thing. The best part is that the nuts/bolts are all well labelled AND packaged so you can't mix things up. 2 people would make assembly easier but I had no helpers...

These replace more expensive heater purchased from Frontage purchased in 2013 that already died. These are better looking, and feel more sturdy. They also throw more heat in a wider radius. We'll see how they hold up, but I purchased the covers so they'll likely last longer.
review image
on January 10, 2017
We went back and forth trying to decide whether to get this type of heater or the other kind that heats from the middle tube up with a flame. This was cheaper and ultimately we chose this one. Very happy with it! It arrived on time and undamaged. Pretty easy to put together, my husband and I did it in about 10 minutes. We use it on our back patio. Two of the walls are open to the elements. It's roughly a 14 x 20 area and it heated it up nicely! It's nice to be able to have adult game night on the patio in the winter!
on October 11, 2016
I love the fact that these have a mini table. Great conversation starter and love the fact that we can put our wineglasses on it and keep warm. We have a total of two of these and would love to get another one for the other side of our yard. Cheaper than our local stores. A little weird to put together, but it was done in no time.
on October 3, 2016
Our heater arrived on time as expected. However, it had a huge dent in it. Unfortunately, we needed it for an event and had no time to exchange or return it. I highly recommend giving yourself time to return or exchange. It did work great for our plans, just wish I could have put the dent in it insteades of buying the dent.