Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 166 reviews
on May 17, 2011
After reading many reviews and viewing many products, I decided to go with this item. How glad I am, not only did it arrive quickly, from the box I could tell it was a high quality product. Installing it was a breeze, also the settings which are at the bottom of the base part of the light fixture. This motion sensor light fixture not only provides security for my home, it has added a new look to it as well. I would highly recommend this item and I purchased the antique brass color and it looks fantastic, and I am using a 100 wt bulb with it. In order to set the timer and sensitivity, again, those switches are underneath the fixture, in a very easy place to reach. The automatic feature worked right as dusk, I installed it today and wanted to see how it picked up in my back yard, the tail is an added feature, so you can customize the look to your liking. I am very pleased with my purchase and plan to purchase another one for the front of my home. I purchased and installed the second one for the front of my home, these are beautiful.
review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
UPDATE: 4-23-2014: My original review said: "I bought two of these in May. The motion sensor on one no longer works. I suppose I will take it down and see what I have to do to get a replacement, but now I'm left to wonder if I want to try my luck with this product again." That review was only two stars. I am here to correct it and be fair.

About a month ago I started to take down the one that wasn't working and in the wiring I found a cracked wire nut. I reused the old wire nuts from the lamp I was replacing. It seemed unlikely that it was cracked enough to cause the problem I described above, but I replaced it, remounted the light, and it has been working fine ever since.

I also want to mention that I bought these because we already had two outside our garage that have been working fine for years (like 8 years or more). After replacing the broken wire nut, we now have 4 out of 4 working with no problems.

My apologies to Heath Zenith.
on May 9, 2016
These items were purchased to match the white trim on the house. They sit on white back-plates on the siding and are DEFINITELY NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO WHITE! As you can see by the photo they are a blue grey color. Few white coach lights are carried on-hand so these were ordered for an addition on a winter home. As it was, I was already resigned to the fact that there were gold nuts on the lamp which I didn't care for (color match would have been better) and now I have to look at these two mismatched lamps for six months a year! There was no time to send back and try to get WHITE ones from someone else before we had to leave the house. They look like I tried to color match the siding.....NOT! Very disappointed in what you called WHITE. Had the color been actually white I would have liked the size & style much better.
review image
on September 26, 2016
I really liked the design, but the motion sensor quit just beyond the 2-year limited warranty period. It was either due to a sub-standard sensor, or possibly because it does not work well with fluorescent bulbs which have sluggish/fluctuating performance levels due to cold winter temperatures (usually no lower than 10° F here in North Carolina). I mention this because a similar fluorescent bulb in a non-sensor outdoor light is still going strong, long after I had to change the one in the above unit.

The sensor quit working reliably and would only turn on light when hand motion detected no further than a few inches from sensor. Now it can only work in the "Manual" mode. The sensor cannot be replaced as the company states " No Service Parts Available for this Product."

One would expect a much superior product from such a well known, reputable company.
on January 3, 2015
This is a great light. It comes well packaged.

Installation is about as easy as you'd expect from a carriage or porch light. Basically three wires, one hot, one not, and one ground. You can use the light in a couple of different configurations.
1. Without the bottom portion. This is hard to explain, but the piece that looks like the part you'd grab from the bottom can be removed and you just have the nub on the bottom.
2. Without the handle or nub installed (how I use them)
3. With handle and nub installed.

All of the configurations are easy to install depending upon your preference. I would suggest setting it up before you install the light.

Once the light in installed, it is like every other motion detection light you've ever seen. You have a sensitivity setting, as well as a time setting. You can have the light stay on for 1 or 5 minutes after the motion is detected. In my porch light, installed the light and needed it to "look" about 70 degrees to the left of the light. The instructions simply state to turn the bottom portion to have the plastic facing the are you want to be motion detected. That sounds confusing, but really it means you simply take the bottom portion of the light, and in my case turn it 70 degrees to the left. It is incredibly simple, and works perfectly.

It will not activate during daylight hours.
The only thing to remember is to leave the physical light switch turned on inside the house so that it will work at night.
Overall a very good light. I can recommend this one without hesitation.
We replaced our existing lights with these HZ fixtures. We were able to simply swap out the fixtures and bulbs. Within 30 minutes we replaced both lights. If you don't have an existing fixture or wiring in-place then this will be difficult for you.

The motion sensors have good range and adjusted from left-right for better zone control. No issues with any sensors.

The reflector on the back works well. Almost too well. We started with 100 watt bulbs but soon realized they were too bright for our night cameras. If you want blinding light then use the 100 watters. But you might like a pair of 60 watt bug bulbs instead.
on December 11, 2016
Works pretty well. I'm dubious of the claim of "up to 30 feet range". It gets about 15 for me, which happens to be enough for my needs. When installing, don't forget to twist the sensor "cup" at the bottom of the lamp, so it aims in the direction where you expect motion to occur. You'll want to point this away from any shiny surfaces (like the door it's next to, if mounted close to one), to avoid flickering due to reflection.

Deducting a star based on the "30 feet range" spec, as I believe that wasn't tested in the real world.
on July 1, 2013
I purchased 2 of these lamps not only for the security benefits of a motion detector, but for their attractive appearance and low cost. In my opinion, the antique brass finish is beautiful and appearance-wise the lamp is far more attractive than the price would suggest. I have installed a variety of similar lights over the years and one issue I had with this lamp was that I felt the instructions made the installation seem more difficult than it actually is if as you are simply replacing another light and already have the electrical box and wiring in the wall. However, the instructions do at least cover a variety of different scenarios that one might face so for me it was not a big deal. In my case, all I had to do was remove the old lamp and install the wiring of the new lamp exactly as in the old one. Where you could run into difficulty is if your lamp uses a single center mounting screw rather than the two side screws. I have cement block walls and the electrical box for one of my outside lamps was installed at an angle which I could not adjust and that made it impossible to install the second lamp Heath Zenith Lamp I had purchased so I was only able to install one lamp. However, this is not the fault of the Heath Zenith. As of this review, I have had the lamp installed for about a month and so far it is working perfectly. Time will tell how durable it turns out to be. The only other issue is that while the instructions suggested using the medium sensitivity setting, I found that on my lamp the medium setting was simply not sensitive enough to regularly register movement. Setting it to the highest sensitivity setting took care of the problem, however, and the light works perfectly.

If the lamp fails, I will leave a follow-up review but so far I really like this lamp. It is quite attractive and so far very functional.
on September 27, 2013
We just began renting out an apartment on the far side of the house from the driveway. Lighting the tenant's way at night was an issue. We put one of these to light a patio to be crossed. We put the other on the wall by his door. These are quality fixtures, aside from really crappy wirenuts, and they installed as they should. Since then they performed just as described.

We also used a solar light in between these. Positive review for that also.
on April 7, 2015
First one didn't work, but Heath replaced it free of charge. I gave second one to a friend who said it worked great. So good customer service and second item works good so far. My experience with first one. Erratic timing and motion sensing. Can't return to Supreme Hardware after 30 days... referred to manufacturer, but will likely write it off. UPDATE... I called HeathZenith today and they offered to send a free replacement if I would simply provide them with my invoice. I don't even have to return the old one. So big thumbs up on warranty/replacement from HeathZenith. Also, I gave the replacement they sent me to a friend and he said it worked fine. Going up to four stars.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.