Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 22, 2014
Something that has become fairly common over maybe the past 10 years is a "religious blockbuster follow-up" book, like this. The author writes a religious book about some event in their life and it winds up on the New York Times bestseller list.

Expecting to capitalize on their new-found fame, their publisher then convinces them to write a follow-up book. Folks who read the first book automatically assume (as I did) that the second book will provide some additional details as well as additional insight from things they studied related to the contents of the first book. But the second book is really just an "ain't God great!" book with references to their first book and tidbits about their life and stock scriptural phrases.

Unfortunately, this second book falls right smack into that category. Nothing new about Collin's visit to heaven. No real narrative, just 42 separate very small chapters. If you didn't read the first book most of it will make little sense and if you did read the first book there's nothing new.

As far as being "inspirational", it's pretty mundane. There are a lot of "inspirational" books that are a lot more inspiring.

If you are looking for more information about heaven -- MUCH more -- I recommend Richard SIgmund's book My Time in Heaven. I've read most of the books on Amazon about visits to Heaven and/or Hell except for the ones that are obviously fantasy or where commentators pointed out numerous things that contradict scripture or the author has a string of books obviously aimed at profiting financially, and Sigmunds is both the most detailed and by far the best.
8 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2012
I am so glad another book was written after the first one! It is wonderful to see how this event has affected this family's and so many other lives! This author brings prayer and scripture through to help a person in hard times. So much is explained in this book that will be a huge help to others. How our God is part of our lives not just in hard times but in everyday times. It shows how Pastors and their families are just like everyone else. They struggle with the same things we all struggle with. This book is one a person could use to refer to later when hard times hit. It tells how Pastors and their families aren't exempt from tragic and hard times in this life but when they do hit how prayer and scripture can help pull you through. It's a great book! Hope you decide to read it!!!
on November 11, 2012
Not as good as Heaven is for Real. It is an expansion of the first book. It is almost as if the authors are attempting to sell more books to their original readers. This is not what I expected from this author & pastor. But, what capitalist could blame him? Most of the info that is in this book is already in the original (first) book. If the price is negligible for the buyer, it is ok to buy, but not really worth it if the purchase price is going to be for the only book you buy this month. If this is the case, instead I would recommend Dr Eben Alexander's book, "Proof of Heaven".
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 8, 2018
I thought it would give other ‘earth shattering’ information but it was just repetitious. Don’t waste your money.
on June 28, 2016
Such a great book! I read this after reading Heaven is For Real! It really helped me put some things in perspective during a difficult time!
on May 1, 2015
What a great book. I am a reader and this one really was great. I started reading it and I couldn't put it down. I was so interested on how this little boy went to heaven and cane back and spoke about his encounter with jesus. I absolutely loved this book.
on March 16, 2018
c
on February 15, 2016
This book contains mostly the same information as the original, just in devotional form.
on January 23, 2015
A very good book. Biblically accurate. I read it in one day - - I couldn't put it down. Everyone should read this book.
on August 15, 2017