- File Size: 147 KB
- Print Length: 21 pages
- Publisher: Farmer Books (March 9, 2013)
- Publication Date: March 9, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BRORB32
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#623,714 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #372 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Collections & Anthologies
- #403 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- #730 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
Heaven Driven: Volume One: Clouds Below Heaven (An Amish Christian Romance Short-Story Book) Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Every Friday morning Hannah goes to the lake to feel the loss of her sister from drowning. "Without Jesus, And without God." So she has been taught. So all alone at the lake she grieves and meditates. Beautiful description here that you can feel. Now Hannah sees another side of God -- the God who takes away what you love. So at the lake, she reads her Bible, tries to understand, bargain with God to forgive her sister and admit her to heaven.
To the lake at the same time one day comes William Zook, a man who had lost his wife and children in an accident. He feels at one with the water too, like Hannah. The description of settings, atmosphere and mood is rich, perhaps too rich and slows down the story. So at the lake that fateful Friday morning, Hannah and William meet, and sparks fly. Then Hannah and William share their stories with each other -- too personal and deep too quickly, I think.
The author's writing is a little too poetic for a straight-forward love story. Also, too much exposition rather than action and dialogue. I love description that I can see and feel, and this book has it. But it has to be balanced with other elements. Still, I'm sure many will enjoy this introductory story to Hannah's life.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I feel so sad for Hannah <<SPOILER ALERT>> as the grieves the loss of her sister. I know that if I lost my sister it would devastate me...
I look forward to reading the remaining volumes in this series. Well written Ms Yoder.
This was very well written and I could almost feel the hurt they felt.
The story also ended in a good way. Yes we all want to find out about these 2 but a person could also stop after reading this story and still feel complete. Was a moving story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a good Amish story told more from a man's point of view than the other Amish books I've read.Published 9 months ago by Kindle Customer
It grabbed my attention. The main character needs to learn something fundamental and I'm wondering how and from whom she will.Published 14 months ago by S Ryburn
I was just getting into the book and it ended and you have to buy the rest. Sucks. Just a way to make more money.Published 17 months ago by Lissa
Don't bother unless you wanted to purchase the rest of the book. Just enough to draw a reader in. I should have paid more attention and I wouldn't have wasted my time.Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
Not terrible and not great either. Too long in some areas and not enough detail in others. Nicely developed characters.Published 19 months ago by Patricia Thayer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies