Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Heaven And Earth: Global Warming - The Missing Science Hardcover – May 1, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"...the best book on science and scientists I have ever read." --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
"...a brilliantly argued book... Heaven and Earth is an evidence-based attack on conformity and orthodoxy, including my own, and a reminder to respect informed dissent and beware of ideology subverting evidence." --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fraud in the work of the climate warmers (blaming mankind) is incredible (and probably criminal). Get this book if you really want to know the real science behind this topic.
The results of these independent studies, according to this author, prove beyond any reasonable scientific doubt that:
1) Carbon Dioxide (CO2), which comprises about 0.039% of the Earth's atmosphere, is not a pollutant, as claimed, but, rather, is a fundamental building block of life on Earth.
2) Due to `natural' causes, the Earth's temperature has been trending upward since the end of the Little Ice Age; a frigid period in the Earth's recent past.
3) All forms of life on Earth thrive when the atmospheric temperature is higher than it is today and fail when it is significantly lower (cold has been the killer, not warmth).
4) There is no correlation between the concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere and the atmospheric temperature.
5) The concentration of the CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere has been much higher in the past than it is today, both in times when the Earth was warmer and in times when it was cooler.
6) CO2 derived from human activity produces only 0.1% of global warming and there is a maximum threshold for CO2, after which an increase in CO2 has very little effect on atmosphere warming.
7) The historical record clearly shows that the concentration of the trace gas CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere lags the Earth's temperature (Ergo: CO2 is not and never has been the driver of temperature change.).
Also, according to this author, when, in 1998, "Mother Earth" refused to submit to the IPCC's dire prediction of cataclysmic global warming and instead initiated the global cooling which we now enjoy; "man-made global warming" somehow morphed into "man-caused climate change." This, it seems has many added benefits. The activities of modern man, particularly in capitalist countries like the United States, can now be blamed for almost anything: heat, cold, rain, ice, snow, famine, drought, dead polar bears, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, you name it. Who could argue with that?
All of this led this book's author to reach some dire conclusions of his own; which he summarized in the first paragraph of this book's final chapter, stating that: "We are facing the greatest global threat in my three score and two years. It is not global warming. It is the threat from policy responses to perceived global warming and the demonizing of dissent. These policies also threaten freedoms and the nature of science and religion. Policy changes have the ability to reduce base load energy supplies of electricity that underpin employment and the standard of living."
The most surprising thing to me about this book, however, wasn't the depth of the author's research or even his dire conclusion; but that, despite its subject matter, this was such an easy and at times almost fun book to read. I particularly enjoyed the author's sometimes not-so-subtle humor which he injects from time to time.
Bottom line: I think this book should be read widely and thoughtfully considered. But it should not be taken as the definitive work and final assessment of 'man-made global warming.' To understand why, I suggest you read 'The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars by Michael E. Mann and MORE IMPORTANTLY 'Climate of Extremes' by Patrick J. Michaels and Robert C. Balling Jr. which is, perhaps, the best book currently available on the subject of 'climate change.'
Thirty years ago, the fear card was played by predicting global cooling. Remember too how the so-called "experts" of the Club of Rome predicted worldwide catastrophe from mass starvation. In fact, everyone on earth could be fed adequately except for the vile politics of third world cesspools such as Somalia and Ethopia.
The claim of anthropogenic global warming "is contrary to validated knowledge from solar physics, astronomy, history, archaeology, and geology." Why? Simply for money. Trillions of dollars of money This book is one of many that you must rely on for facts and clear thinking, rather than engaging in the fear-mongering hypocrisy of those like Al Gore, who has never practiced what he has preached while earning about a billion dollars for himself.
Most recent customer reviews
Climate always changes.