Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$6.36+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on April 25, 2011
I enjoyed reading the book. I felt that there were some really great issues addressed but sad that after 30 years of marriage Rev O and Mama Max decide to call it quits. I thought their story should have been developed a little more. I understand the past, her position, and his position but I don't think marriage should end over sex. The issues should be far deeper than that. The storyline with Passion and Stan was great. They were able to move past their problems and she proved to be the better match for him than Carla. Passion wanted her marriage and waited for it to be repaired. Like Stan, we all have a past. Whether you are a male or female that past relationship and cause problems in your present if you allow it. He did the right thing and started new memories with his wife.

Princess really grew up. I loved how she realized that Kelvin could "give her anything she wanted but Rafael could give her what she needed" and she knew the difference.

I hope this isn't the last book. I need to know how Mama Max and Rev O get through their situation or if they do. She stayed with him through all of the cheating off and on for years. She may not have been the sex machine that he wanted but she was a wife to him.
on December 14, 2012
As the sixth installation of the series, Heaven Forbid delivered the same drama, twists and turns that we have come to expect from Ms. Lovely. The reader is often reminded that our shepherds are human and deal with the same issues as the rest of us.I for one, cannot wait to read these books, and this one did not disappoint.

Next stop....Divine Intervention!
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2010
Each character had their share of drama and scandal! This, like the other books in the series, did not let me down. Each chapter brought more suspense and twists. Heaven Forbid is the perfect title. Between the issues going on with Stan Lee and his wife Passion or the issues with Obadiah Brook and his wife Mama Max, I don't know which one was worse! I have to say it was great to see Princess Brook again and how much she matured and bounced back from her drama a few books ago. I can't wait for the next series that she introduced at the end of this book with the restaurant business. Lovely is moving from the church to the kitchen and I can't wait!
on April 18, 2012
I have read all of the books in the Lovely's Hallelujah Series and what can I say? They are the absolute best books that I have read in a very long time!!!! You can't help, but love most of the main characters in the stories. This is the last book in the series, so far, and I was sad for it end, but I know she is going to write more, SHE HAS TO!!!! This was a great book just like all of the others, but if you are going to read it, you may want to start with the first one in the series, Sex in the Sanctuary...need I say more?
on October 29, 2012
I am now hooked on Lutisha Lovely's books. I could not wait to read Heaven Forbid and did not want it to end. Ms. Lovely writes so that you can understand the plot and the story is so real that you think you are actually in the audience of the story. I was introduced to this author by a co-worker and has since read all of the Hallelujah series. Thanks Ms. Lovely for writing about the church and it's people in a positive and real way. We are all sinners saved by grace.
on May 23, 2011
This is a great book. This is a very talented author and I would love to read more novels coming from her. I hope that we will her more about prince and her new boo. This book is great for any mature teenange girl to read. It's also great for mature women too because sometimes you maybe looking in and thinking that some one has it good but you never no until you step into there shoes. There were a lot of great points made in this novel. All I have to say is keep up the good work Lutisha Lovely
on September 1, 2014
The book had a excellent story. I like the way Passion had love and patients with her husband for the way he treated her. Mama Max should have gone to counseling for her lack of intimacy, maybe her marriage could have been saved. I would recommend this book to everyone to read.
on August 18, 2015
I've read every book in the series except the first one!! Each book leaves you wanting more. I didn't care for this book's ending but to say the least...it was a great book!
on December 13, 2016
I love the entire series...I couldn't put it down
on August 8, 2010
OMG!! This was a definite page turner for me. I had read all the books in the series and each one left me hungry for more. I laughed out loud at Mama Max, a 70+ year woman dealing with her husband, Rev. O, who had a lover on and off for over 40 years. He wanted to be faithful, but in the end I was shocked and wanted to cry after it was all said and done as he made his final decision. You have to read it for yourself to find out.

Pastor Stan struggled with his past and his sexuality for 25 years. He allowed some things that he should have walked away from, but I was soooo happy that Pastor Stan and Passion were able to put the sex back in their marriage.

Princess and Kelvin have a colorful history of sex, drugs, infidelity and abortion. But now that Princess has grown up (20 something), she has written about her experiences, has a best-selling book and is saved, she has a new boo named Jesus and her best friend Raphael, she's able to make a 'rational' decision that will bring her a happier future.

This book is excellent. I loved the whole series. I'm in mourning because I will miss all the fine colorful characters in all 6 books: from Cy Taylor & Hope; Pastor Nate & Destiny; Rev. O, Maxine & Dorothea; Simone & Mark; Pastor Derreck & Vivian Montgomery; Pastor King & Tai Brook; Pastor Jack & Millicent; Princess, Kelvin & Raphael; Lavon & Pastor Carla Chapman; down to Pastor Stan & Passion Lee. You can't read just one book; they're all very good. Enjoy! Ms. Lovely I need a sequel!

All books read on a Kindle and loving it. Original comments made on my Kindle.