Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on February 9, 2014
Mr. Fantasy is a fine cd and I would have given it 5 stars any other time. Until I bought and listened to the 2000 Island remaster of "Heaven Is In Your Mind" This is the original stereo american version of the album, and the one, that I have been waiting for for at least 30 years to be released. It has the original american track listing including two tracks that were dropped when they re-released it as "Mr. Fantasy" which is the english version (stereo much less defined). I highly recommend "Heaven Is In Your Mind" to anybody that grew up in the sixty's as I did, and remember the superb stereo on the original UA release.
on December 18, 2012
60s psychedelic rock at its best. Fantastic musicians with very creative use of instrumentation and song structure. The songs are catchy and bring you back in time to the fun aspects of the 60s life style. A true trip. The remastering is better than the older versions but I would not say it is the best, I had hoped for better and was a little disappointed. This is one album from the 60s that is a must have!
on June 26, 2014
I've loved this album for years, yet I had always known it in it's British form as Dear Mr. Fantasy. There are many differences between the two - song selection, running order and mixes. There are trade offs in either version. The British may have the original intentions of the band (or perhaps just the record company) but the American has much better stereo. However, the US company took some liberties with the tracks, splitting Paper Sun into two parts and adding a five second extract from Mulberry Bush to the end of each song. So there is no perfect version. But with this release you can have the best of both worlds. It contains all the tracks recorded by the band in 1967. By using the programming feature (on most of the better CD players) you can reunite Paper Sun and since the extracts have been placed in a negative countdown, they don't play. Plus you can put the songs in any order you like. Personally, I like the album to begin with Paper Sun, then Smiling Phases, then follow side one from the British version, then Am I What I Was, Hole in My Shoe, Mulberry Bush, then side two of the British LP - but that's just me. I like Giving to You as the ending track ("you know, like Jazz")
I suppose I should actually discuss the songs: this is Traffics one foray into psychedelia, although most of their music was kind of trippy. Some people dislike Dave Masons flower power songs here - those people should lighten up and get mellow yellow. Highlights are Coloured Rain, the title track and of course the big classic rock hit Dear Mr. Fantasy. Then there is Giving to You the mostly instrumental tune that really shows off the bands chops.
on June 19, 2017
Great remaster, some silly songs and some great classics. All in all great pre-psychedelic Traffic.
on July 12, 2008
This CD was a great purchase for me since it brings together all the songs on the two vinyl versions I own, plus offers rarities like "Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush." Some may be put off by Dave Mason's attempt at psych, but these are more than outweighed by all the great songs this album has to offer. And it just doesn't get much better than Steve Winwood's vocals on "Heaven is in Your Mind", "Smiling Phases", and of course "Dear Mr. Fantasy."

If I were to pick one Traffic album for the fable Desert Island it would have to be Low Spark, but this one isn't far behind.
on July 22, 2017
Traffic Just a great Band
Nice Sounding CD
on August 2, 2017
Poor sound quality interferes with enjoyment of this interesting music.
on July 27, 2017