Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 564 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2014
We got this book when my husband passed away and my young children (2 and 4 years old) were having trouble understanding what heaven was, I myself could not find the words, so upon recommendation from a local pastor friend we bought this book. It is a good story to help children grasp an abstract concept but it was still a little over the heads of my kids, they might appreciate it more when they are a bit older.
on April 7, 2016
In order to understand the experiences that are detailed about the little boy in this true story, who is named Colton Burpo, about his dad Todd,the rest of his family, their community,and their relationship to the concept of heaven,I am advising people who have read this kids version with its beautiful illustrations, or potential readers,to also invest in reading the adult version of HEAVEN is for Real, HEAVEN CHANGES EVERYTHING by the BURPOS, and last but never least, the book of life also known as The Holy Bible. The study of the life,death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, is the key to understanding this family's relationship to one another,to the love of Jesus, to your relationship to Jesus,and to the revelation of an existence called heaven. The book,Heaven is for Real for kids and the other suggested readings, go beyond a one dimensional or perhaps limited understanding of the concept of another existence.It is beyond what may be deemed as rational.IF YOU ARE READY FOR INCREDIBLE,LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCES that are part of the suggested readings and The Holy Bible's teachings,A WILLINGNESS OF HEART WILL RENDER THEM YOURS. Cheers,Delilah/D-Arnita Acquaah.April 8,2016.
on December 4, 2012
Our daughter was gifted this book as my grandmother was dying. My grandmother was more of a mother to me, and my daughter who is almost 5 was incredibly close to her. A well meaning friend gifted us this book and we shared it with our daughter. While the story beautifully depicted heaven and showed our daughter what a beautiful and loving place heaven is - the little boy comes back. Our daughter was convinced for weeks that her great grandmother would go to heaven and then get to come back too - it was devastating to deal with.

I think in the context of teaching a child a concept of heaven it is a good book, but our copy will never see the light of day again - our daughter still asks why that boy got to come back and her grandma didn't. It's opened up some interesting dialogue for us with her, but I also think it's been harder on her.
on July 21, 2013
Did not read like a real experience. Very Dry. Very Short. Seemed as though someone was telling the child what to say. No excitement or vibrancy.
on December 1, 2013
This really helped us with our son. He had recently become scared of death and dying because I had several funerals to go to in a short period of time. I can't thank the Burpo family enough for writing this down.
on October 30, 2015
Sometimes we think spiritual concepts are too hard for kids. Jesus didn't think so and after husband experience, neither does Colton Burpo, by writing this book. It is a sweet, warming presentation of heaven. I only wish it were longer so we could sit for hours and read of heaven...
on July 23, 2013
Bought for grand daughter and she loves to read it...over and over and over. This is one I recommend for sure.
on February 26, 2014
This is my DD's favorite book (and mine too!). Really nice illustrations written in a fun, conversational tone. I cannot wait for this movie to come out at Easter!
on February 17, 2014
My grand kids had lost one of their friends from the day care!
They had to face for the very first time the Death, and my sister who had a knowledge about this book told me would be a big help to explain that their friend was in heaven !
They loved the book and I brought it for Sunday school as well where I had the chance to read the book for others kids also!
Very good book that shows the heaven to be a marvelous place to be!
I recommend this book and I know they have different versions for different rage of age,
on May 22, 2014
I purchased this book for my nieces and nephews after my much loved Mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. The grandchildren were devastated, and were especially sad that they were not able to see their wonderful Grandmother before she passed or to say goodbye to her. By reading this book, the children (ages 6-9) have gained a sense of closure and acceptance, knowing that their Grandmother is in a wonderful place. The book is well worded, and the pictures and scripture are a great way to talk to the children about what their Grandmother is experiencing now that she is Home. One of our favorite pages is where Colton recalls that in Heaven, all the animals live together peacefully and happily, including lions! The children love to imagine their Grandmother riding an elephant or snuggling with a lion. Out of all of the books I purchased for the children in the days following my Mother's passing, this is the one that the children return to on a regular basis, and the one that has provided the most comfort. I too purchased and read many books on losing the one you love the most, and how to deal with the loss of a most loved Mother. While the adult discussion of using faith to cope with grief was something I needed to hear, I find that in times of deepest grief (which is most of each day), I too picture my Mother petting a lion and enjoying the wonders of Heaven. Sometimes, it is the most simple delivery that provides comfort for both children and adults.