Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 577 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 788 reviews
on May 22, 2014
I purchased this book for my nieces and nephews after my much loved Mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. The grandchildren were devastated, and were especially sad that they were not able to see their wonderful Grandmother before she passed or to say goodbye to her. By reading this book, the children (ages 6-9) have gained a sense of closure and acceptance, knowing that their Grandmother is in a wonderful place. The book is well worded, and the pictures and scripture are a great way to talk to the children about what their Grandmother is experiencing now that she is Home. One of our favorite pages is where Colton recalls that in Heaven, all the animals live together peacefully and happily, including lions! The children love to imagine their Grandmother riding an elephant or snuggling with a lion. Out of all of the books I purchased for the children in the days following my Mother's passing, this is the one that the children return to on a regular basis, and the one that has provided the most comfort. I too purchased and read many books on losing the one you love the most, and how to deal with the loss of a most loved Mother. While the adult discussion of using faith to cope with grief was something I needed to hear, I find that in times of deepest grief (which is most of each day), I too picture my Mother petting a lion and enjoying the wonders of Heaven. Sometimes, it is the most simple delivery that provides comfort for both children and adults.
on September 19, 2013
This version for children is ideal. I enjoyed the adult version but even liked
hearing the story again "as a little child." My granddaughter loves me to read this
to her and gets so excited hearing about Jesus and all the glory of heaven. I
believe it has enabled her to have less fear about death.
on March 26, 2017
Our copy of this is VERY loved. We have shared it with many friends and have even purchased new copies to give away. It's such a nice visual for children to see about such an abstract concept.
on March 25, 2017
A wonderful read for children. My husband, who is a pastor, uses this book to help children when they experience a death.
on April 26, 2017
Excellent Movie
t and Service. Thank you
on November 22, 2013
My kids loved this book! My daughter especially loved that there are animals in Heaven, we had lost a cat not too long before I bought the book, and I think she found that very comforting that we will get to see our lost pets again in Heaven.
on April 18, 2017
Great book!
on March 6, 2017
Love!
on April 28, 2014
however on an ereader the printing is very small hardly readible, Should be bigger to see it.would buy it in book form.
on April 18, 2014
This was a wonderful "bedtime story" for my grandson and his friend. Just the right length for their attention span!