Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2013
This was truly such an uplifting and inspirational story that helped me get through a really tough time in my life, when it seems like nothing else could give me hope. There is so much speculation whether this could be true or not but in my opinion, true or not, it really helped open my eyes up a little bit. I believe that the Burpo's honestly believe each and every word that was written and prove to be excellent examples for how to live your life. No one will ever know the truth of the matter until your time comes, and then you won't be able to share it with others, so what does it hurt to just believe a little now?

As being a mother who has also lost a child to miscarriage, it helped me find some peace and understanding that I had not been able to find in the seven years since the miscarriage.

I think I can honestly say that there has been no book that has impacted me quite like this one, to where I can say I still think about it over a year after reading it!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong reading this book, even if it's just to give yourself a little spiritual uplifting (and I am not the most spiritual person, by far - even though I should be!)

Truly touching! There isn't one person that I would not recommend this book to!
on May 13, 2014
I was so taken by the genuineness of this book and just couldn't put it down. It was fascinating, inspirational and, above all, took away all the scariness associated with death and dying. It left me wanting to know more--more about awaits us, more about what I can anticipate with regard to my own family who have passed on, and more about the after-life in general. This book is such an uplifting and amazing book for anyone, but especially for those who are ill and facing death or anyone grieving the loss of a loved one. The message is one of hope, comfort, courage, and strength. At the end of the book, the father shows the little boy a painting of Jesus done by a young girl named Akiane Kramarik--a self-taught artist who also visited Heaven. Akiane did an interview with CNN in December 2006. The face of Jesus she painted is the same face the little boy saw. I was inspired to search out the CNN interview, and it can be found on YouTube along with some of the paintings of heaven that she did. A must read.
on May 5, 2014
While going home from work I heard the end of an interview with Todd and Colton Burpo about Colton's visit to Heaven and then back to Earth. It was so astounding that when I got home I did a search with their names and found this book. Reading the accounts of Heaven that Colton saw gave me goose bumps. How could a 4yr old child make this up??? He couldn't and that gives me renewed faith that there is a God and Heaven! And for more goose bumps, check out Akiane Kramarik's portrait of Jesus that she painted when she, too, returned from Heaven.

If you're not a reader, go see the movie Heaven is for Real. They did a really good job of getting the story right and the little boy that played Colton looks like he could be a real family member. They had to omit a few things that I wish they could have kept but overall I give the movie an A+.
on May 12, 2014
This book was about a young boy who almost died. While he was in the realm sleep during surgery, he was taken to haven to see God and Jesus and angels and others. God puts before us what he wants us to see and experience. So, I do believe this child saw God and Heaven. He saw family members and it was just wonderful. HE SAW ALL OF THESE THINGS AS A CHILD AND GOD SAYS WE SHOULD COME TO HIM AS A CHILD. Praise the Lord for choosing this boy to see Heaven and meet God and Jesus. It's Amazing.
There will be Doubting Thomas's and Atheists who do not believe. Don't let that bother you. What you do for that is get done on your knees and PRAY for these people. Pray that Jesus will come into their lives and save their souls so that one day when its time for them to leave this earth , they too, will be able to see Haven and God and Jesus and the Angels. Just keep doing GOD's work and he will take of you and shield you. Many happy successes with this and any other books you write for the rest of your life. God and Jesus will always be with you. AMEN
on September 20, 2014
I bought this Kindle Fire version because I previously bought the book, but hadn't read it for a while. After I saw the movie, I just had to read the book again because I knew there were a lot of things changed from the book. I love this book. It is well written. It doesn't embellish facts, but tells them like they happened, the bad with the good, like Todd Burpo yelling at God because he didn't think it was fair that so many bad things were happening to his family. I enjoyed the movie, but I enjoyed reading the book so much more and I highly recommend it. It really is an astounding story.
on June 7, 2016
While this work is well written and most definitely an intriguing read, I found I could not get past my skepticism. While I very much consider myself a man of faith, one cannot help but wonder how coincidental it is for the child of a preacher to be lucky enough to experience the afterlife God has prepared for us firsthand.

Now, is it possible God chose this child BECAUSE he is the son of a preacher? Of course. However, my suspicions of a child growing up in what I'm assuming to be a household of very strong religious traditions to be able to experience something so life altering were not easily surmountable.

With that said, it is an interesting read and quite thought provoking. Definitely the type of book to spark a family discussion around the dinner table, or with your friends at the next holiday party.
on May 11, 2014
The premise of a 2 to 4 year old boys experience is heart warming and encouraging, fact or fiction. I have heard first hand of "near death or death" experiences and there are some similarities in this book. The course their journey took is more unbelievable, I could never have accepted the medical malpractice they endured. Prolonged suffering that any parent would be remiss in enduring without pursuing answers more aggressively.
The references to heaven really were minimal and the story was more about the father than the boy. Did not recommend to friends.
on April 9, 2014
We all have busy schedules but this quick read is worth your time and attention. It is amazing. Through the eyes of a child you will gain wisdom and I might add peace. God has His own timing for reaching us with His messages when he knows we are ready to receive them. If it is your time to read this book, you will be both engaged and enlightened after reading, "Heaven is for Real." I look forward to seeing the movie now.
on November 16, 2013
Maybe because it's a true story about a young boy who was in heaven. Who wouldn't want to hear about that!?! A fine story as an article, but not so sure for a book. There seemed to be alot added to the text in order to create enough bulk to create a book, in my opinion. I would have liked to see this in a smaller format, containing just the pertinent info for the story, and in a small pocket-size. I think the impact of the story would be just as good, and make it more affordable as a hand-out.

The author seems genuine. Very quick read. I would not necessarily recommend this for all people in all situations. Use caution when sharing with young children, new believers, terminally ill etc.. and prayerfully consider whether this is a good book to share with them. In some situations, I imagine so, and in just as many others, I would say no. For example: there's a brief description of the look of death which some could find very troublesome.
on July 9, 2014
Do you want to know what heaven is like? Well, first, read the Bible. Since it can be confusing, I suggest reading this book. It was facinating. It is an easy read. What I liked best about it was that the little boy was without guile. He would speak very casually about his experience in heaven to his parents and then walk away, like it was the most natural thing in the world. I have read other books about heaven and find this to be the most believeable. The father is a Christian minister and he was floored by what his son was saying. He looked up what he said in the Bible and found verses to support his words. I found the book to be very comforting. Someone recently bereaved may find comfort here or those who are just curious about heaven will find some answers to your questions. I highly recommend this book.