Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 577 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 788 reviews
on April 7, 2016
In order to understand the experiences that are detailed about the little boy in this true story, who is named Colton Burpo, about his dad Todd,the rest of his family, their community,and their relationship to the concept of heaven,I am advising people who have read this kids version with its beautiful illustrations, or potential readers,to also invest in reading the adult version of HEAVEN is for Real, HEAVEN CHANGES EVERYTHING by the BURPOS, and last but never least, the book of life also known as The Holy Bible. The study of the life,death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, is the key to understanding this family's relationship to one another,to the love of Jesus, to your relationship to Jesus,and to the revelation of an existence called heaven. The book,Heaven is for Real for kids and the other suggested readings, go beyond a one dimensional or perhaps limited understanding of the concept of another existence.It is beyond what may be deemed as rational.IF YOU ARE READY FOR INCREDIBLE,LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCES that are part of the suggested readings and The Holy Bible's teachings,A WILLINGNESS OF HEART WILL RENDER THEM YOURS. Cheers,Delilah/D-Arnita Acquaah.April 8,2016.
on May 22, 2014
I purchased this book for my nieces and nephews after my much loved Mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. The grandchildren were devastated, and were especially sad that they were not able to see their wonderful Grandmother before she passed or to say goodbye to her. By reading this book, the children (ages 6-9) have gained a sense of closure and acceptance, knowing that their Grandmother is in a wonderful place. The book is well worded, and the pictures and scripture are a great way to talk to the children about what their Grandmother is experiencing now that she is Home. One of our favorite pages is where Colton recalls that in Heaven, all the animals live together peacefully and happily, including lions! The children love to imagine their Grandmother riding an elephant or snuggling with a lion. Out of all of the books I purchased for the children in the days following my Mother's passing, this is the one that the children return to on a regular basis, and the one that has provided the most comfort. I too purchased and read many books on losing the one you love the most, and how to deal with the loss of a most loved Mother. While the adult discussion of using faith to cope with grief was something I needed to hear, I find that in times of deepest grief (which is most of each day), I too picture my Mother petting a lion and enjoying the wonders of Heaven. Sometimes, it is the most simple delivery that provides comfort for both children and adults.
on June 15, 2014
It is my grandkids favorite! I bought the Heaven is For Real for me and saw this one for kids because !y granddaughter kept wanting me to read mine to her. She now has her own copy illustrated that is easy for her to understand and the 2 of us have our quiet study time together when she is here. It especially helps her now understand and deal with her grief since her grandfather passed in February. Thank you for such a wonderful book. She especially loves the part about Colton praying for a rainbow. She does every night. One day we came out of Walmart and everyone was looking at the sky. We looked there was the biggest brightest rainbow. Our window was open in the van when I said Nebaeh, look! It's your rainbow. She said" Oh Mimi you were right! Heavenly Father does answer my prayers just like Colton in my book said!" "I prayed for that last night" The lady stamdinding next to our van came over heard her and said to her " little child', you have such faith, please pray that my house sells!" Wow the faith of a child. Colton knows! My grandchildren amaze me everyday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such an amazing instruction manual is what I would call
L it for my grandkids. It helps to give them principles to live by even though they are yet only 6 and 7 and they are being examples to others GOD does live!
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2014
We got this book when my husband passed away and my young children (2 and 4 years old) were having trouble understanding what heaven was, I myself could not find the words, so upon recommendation from a local pastor friend we bought this book. It is a good story to help children grasp an abstract concept but it was still a little over the heads of my kids, they might appreciate it more when they are a bit older.
on September 19, 2013
This version for children is ideal. I enjoyed the adult version but even liked
hearing the story again "as a little child." My granddaughter loves me to read this
to her and gets so excited hearing about Jesus and all the glory of heaven. I
believe it has enabled her to have less fear about death.
on April 26, 2017
Excellent Movie
t and Service. Thank you
on March 26, 2017
Our copy of this is VERY loved. We have shared it with many friends and have even purchased new copies to give away. It's such a nice visual for children to see about such an abstract concept.
on February 9, 2017
I initially bought the book to see the picture drawings that Colton made to show us what he saw in Heaven. I'm glad I did. Also, I feel that this book is really good for kids. So I will be buying them for the kids in our families (nieces, nephews, etc). I highly decommend this book for all the little ones in your families.
on March 25, 2017
A wonderful read for children. My husband, who is a pastor, uses this book to help children when they experience a death.
on July 11, 2013
The book is age appropriate for younger children. I have two grandsons who will be getting the book for their 5th birthday very soon. I feel confident they will love it. I was looking for a book for some time, one that would explain the concept of heaven in a
comforting, non-threatening way. After seeing videos and hearing interviews of the family and their amazing story, I knew this was the book I wanted for my younger grandchildren. With the desire to present the bible and Christian concepts to my grandkids I have also purchased Veggie Tale books. While they love Veggie Tales, this books presents on a more personal level. The books arrived within days and in perfect condition.