Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

VINE VOICEon December 29, 2013
I've seen Colton Borpo on TV. I've heard the gist of his story, so why would I buy this book? I wanted to read the rest. It's a great story, and offers such encouragement to Christians and non-Christians alike. It offers explanations of the knotty questions most thoughtful people wrestle with: Why do bad things happen to good people? Does God care? Does God answer prayer? What happens when we die?

I found it refreshing that the narrator, a Christian preacher and pastor, had these same questions. He tried to be careful in gleaning the answers.

Had this Kindle edition been complete it would easily have merited 5 stars. Mangled formatting made some chapters tough to follow. But if you keep reading you can parse it out. I highly recommend this book. It's to be shared and discussed, and gifted to any friends and family you care about.
on July 31, 2014
Heaven is for Real is the most convincing book about the "afterlife" that I've ever read! The revelations from four-year old Colton, who had a near death experience about Heaven and the Holy Trinity are truly remarkable! This non-fiction account is provocative and reassuring that our spirits are destined to dwell in the kingdom of God as long as we cling to our faith in Him and accept Jesus Christ as His son. There was no guile in Colton's telling of his experience to his father and mother over a period of one and a half years. It simply doesn't seem possible that an innocent child of his age could fabricate these stories or have the knowledge of the people and places he experienced in Heaven. Heaven MUST be real after all!
on August 17, 2011
This is a well written book - and a quick read (I finished in a little over 6 hours). While the underlying story of Colton Burpo's brush with death; his parents' renewed faith in God's eternal plan; and a perspective of Heaven, death/dying, eternal life, Christ from the eyes of a child is truly inspiring - it is difficult not to take this story with a heavy dose of skepticism. Colton's father, Todd Burpo, is a PAID minister (albeit, in a one-horse town); and as far as I can tell, this book was a FOR PROFIT venture.

It is difficult for me to separate the inherit financial conflicts of interest for Pastor Burpo in writing a story about Heaven, Christianity, etc., when he derives a portion of his livelihood peddling the same message.

That said, this book discusses every Christian's deepest hope: that the faithful disciples of Christ will return to live with God in an eternal paradise; that we will be reunited with our loved ones in a perfected state; that angels and the Holy Sprit are real - and intervene on our behalf; and that God is aware of every aspect of our lives. From my perspective, the child-like innocence and discussion of these raw topics is quite beautiful. And I hope (with all of my heart) that the Burpo's are telling the truth.
on November 29, 2016
Many of my friends and family have read this book and I had always meant to read it. So glad I finally did. Easy to read, I read it in one sitting. This book will encourage you, more than likely strengthen your faith, and leave you with a smile. (Have the tissues ready though, there is at least one place you will need them!). Don't delay like I did. Go ahead and read it. You will be glad you did!
on August 9, 2014
I first saw a movie concerning this child's visit with our Lord. I was awed, happy, excited and truthfully a bit jealous (Godly so not resentful). I seek the presence of our Master daily and it is astoundingly wonderful that Heaven chose children to present to. What a blessing. I had to have the book to know more. I purchased the book read it one night. Found I could not put the book down. When I finished reading it I weeped in love for Abba Father, our Lord Jesus and the Precious Holy Spirit. Even as I write this review tears of joy and wonder well up in my eyes. I feel as if The Burpos are my family and I am truly honored and glad they were so couragous in sharing this wonderful devine experience with the world. I am inclined and determined more than ever to live a holy and righterous life according the principles of the Bible. God Bless you Burpos forever. My heart is being lead to purchase more of these books and give this to my grandson and granddaughter and other children that God sends cross my path. I too am in ministry and this is as grand a book as the Holy Bible. Thank you for sharing with us. Peace
on July 26, 2016
Great book! My son was a stillborn at 39 weeks, which totally devastated us. This book is a great read and defiantly helps to give us hope.
on October 1, 2017
I know heaven is real. I liked hearing this young child's descriptions of heaven and seeing how closely it came to my own beliefs. I did not like the fact of wings. If we are created in God's image, then there should not have been wings. Overall I enjoyed this book. What an amazing experience for Colton and his whole family. Yes! Heaven IS real.
on September 19, 2014
It is a great book - like the way it is written. I am an avid reader and there are some heavy books out there – this is not one of them. My only issue (and it is big for me otherwise I would have given it a five stars) is how deep it went into the bible. As soon as it went into verses, remember how Jesus said or did, or how the apostles said and did – my eyes glassed over and I was lost. I am sure for those who are more into religion will love it.

I do recommend the book but be warned… if you didn’t like going to Sunday school or find yourself counting the minutes for the homily to be over…. This book may not be the best for you.
on February 22, 2014
Great book. I have believe that heaven is real. I was13 yrs old when I went there. I had a severe injury that put me in the hospital for two weeks. My parents were perplexed by some of the stuff I had seen and told them about. My grandma who died was with me. I thought it was the lady next door, but she was on vacation at the time of the accident. Years later in my twenties I saw photo of grandma and told Mom and Dad it was grandma not the lady that lived next door. I cried and told them grandma has been watching over me. She is the one who told me to go back. She told me my daddy needed me. She said it was time for me to go back. Then I told them more of what I had seen. They said I told them stuff I could not have known.
on February 5, 2014
I believe there is a heaven but I wanted to know more about it. Colton Burpo was almost 4 years old when he had a medical emergency and while he was in the hospital his spirit went to heaven. He saw Jesus who had a horse, his sister who died and a great grandfather. He said there were lots of children in heaven. He names the people he saw in heaven. I believe his story because the Bible backs up his story. I think you will really like this book and also Jesse Duplantis went to heaven and came back to tell his story. He has a book called "Close Encounters of the God Kind." I recommend both books and Jesse has two DVDs. If you have lost a loved one and want to feel better about where they are, read both these books.