Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 15, 2014
I loved the book.!~!~! There are many people who did not believe that this child really went to heaven but I do. I have a friend who had a similar experience & she said that the way Colton described Heaven was all true.!~!~! I feel this happened so that they would write a book to give the world a glimpse of heaven so that hopefully the people who just weren't sure about God & were sitting in the line would see through the eyes of a child that there is a Heaven & Jesus was who he said he was.!~!~! Thank the Lord for letting a very bright little boy who was almost 4 yrs old see what Heaven is like & have him remember what he saw so he could tell his parents. He didn't just sit down with a big story right away. He took his time & when he remembered something he told his parents. That too is how a 4 yr old would do things. They may not remember everything right away but when something reminded him of something he saw or have it just come into his thoughts he told his parents. PRAISE GOD for all that he has allowed us to see.!~!~! GOD BLESS Colton & his father for sharing his story.
on February 22, 2014
Great book. I have believe that heaven is real. I was13 yrs old when I went there. I had a severe injury that put me in the hospital for two weeks. My parents were perplexed by some of the stuff I had seen and told them about. My grandma who died was with me. I thought it was the lady next door, but she was on vacation at the time of the accident. Years later in my twenties I saw photo of grandma and told Mom and Dad it was grandma not the lady that lived next door. I cried and told them grandma has been watching over me. She is the one who told me to go back. She told me my daddy needed me. She said it was time for me to go back. Then I told them more of what I had seen. They said I told them stuff I could not have known.
on September 6, 2017
I bought this book a couple of years ago in paper. Since last January I have been going blind due to complications of eye surgery. I can no longer read 'real' books.. I was so happy to see this book in kindle! I LOVED this book. As a lifelong Christian I have thought a lot about what Heaven would be like. This book gives a unique perspective and a hopeful one. Heaven may not be as this sweet little guy saw it, but its a heartwarming story and you will feel really good about Heaven after you are finished with it.
on November 26, 2017
I found the story intriguing, and I do believe in the afterlife. I thought the book was well written, an easy read as I picked it up one night shortly after the death of my son, and read it front to back in about 3 hours. I would feel a little better about the contents and message in the book if it was not commercialized as much as it was, such as a movie, website, etc. It just leaves the taste that maybe, and I would hate to think it was, that the story and message was written for "profit", as it seems it was a, in todays world, "successful" book which generated a lot of revenue. I had a hard time getting past the fact that, the family, was struggling financially before the book was written, and then the story/book comes along providing financial security. Would love to administer a lie detector test to the child, who is now older, to test the validity of the story and contents of the book. But, I hold out hope.
on May 12, 2014
This book was about a young boy who almost died. While he was in the realm sleep during surgery, he was taken to haven to see God and Jesus and angels and others. God puts before us what he wants us to see and experience. So, I do believe this child saw God and Heaven. He saw family members and it was just wonderful. HE SAW ALL OF THESE THINGS AS A CHILD AND GOD SAYS WE SHOULD COME TO HIM AS A CHILD. Praise the Lord for choosing this boy to see Heaven and meet God and Jesus. It's Amazing.
There will be Doubting Thomas's and Atheists who do not believe. Don't let that bother you. What you do for that is get done on your knees and PRAY for these people. Pray that Jesus will come into their lives and save their souls so that one day when its time for them to leave this earth , they too, will be able to see Haven and God and Jesus and the Angels. Just keep doing GOD's work and he will take of you and shield you. Many happy successes with this and any other books you write for the rest of your life. God and Jesus will always be with you. AMEN
on September 20, 2014
I bought this Kindle Fire version because I previously bought the book, but hadn't read it for a while. After I saw the movie, I just had to read the book again because I knew there were a lot of things changed from the book. I love this book. It is well written. It doesn't embellish facts, but tells them like they happened, the bad with the good, like Todd Burpo yelling at God because he didn't think it was fair that so many bad things were happening to his family. I enjoyed the movie, but I enjoyed reading the book so much more and I highly recommend it. It really is an astounding story.
on January 28, 2013
This was truly such an uplifting and inspirational story that helped me get through a really tough time in my life, when it seems like nothing else could give me hope. There is so much speculation whether this could be true or not but in my opinion, true or not, it really helped open my eyes up a little bit. I believe that the Burpo's honestly believe each and every word that was written and prove to be excellent examples for how to live your life. No one will ever know the truth of the matter until your time comes, and then you won't be able to share it with others, so what does it hurt to just believe a little now?

As being a mother who has also lost a child to miscarriage, it helped me find some peace and understanding that I had not been able to find in the seven years since the miscarriage.

I think I can honestly say that there has been no book that has impacted me quite like this one, to where I can say I still think about it over a year after reading it!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong reading this book, even if it's just to give yourself a little spiritual uplifting (and I am not the most spiritual person, by far - even though I should be!)

Truly touching! There isn't one person that I would not recommend this book to!
on May 5, 2014
While going home from work I heard the end of an interview with Todd and Colton Burpo about Colton's visit to Heaven and then back to Earth. It was so astounding that when I got home I did a search with their names and found this book. Reading the accounts of Heaven that Colton saw gave me goose bumps. How could a 4yr old child make this up??? He couldn't and that gives me renewed faith that there is a God and Heaven! And for more goose bumps, check out Akiane Kramarik's portrait of Jesus that she painted when she, too, returned from Heaven.

If you're not a reader, go see the movie Heaven is for Real. They did a really good job of getting the story right and the little boy that played Colton looks like he could be a real family member. They had to omit a few things that I wish they could have kept but overall I give the movie an A+.
on February 10, 2014
I liked everything about this book and Colton's descriptions of Jesus, God, & the Holy Sporit. The way he described Heaven was so familiar to me because during my mother's last days she described Heaven and how the colors of Heaven were not like the colors we see here on earth. She described hearing my brother who passed away two years before her; also describing the stairway to Heaven (all what she described and what Colton described is backed up by the scriptures). Reading Heaven is For Real brought back memories of my last days with my Mom and knowing I will see her again. Thanks to the Burpo family for sharing your family to the world by writing this book. This book and Colton's experience in Heaven truly blessed me. I want to share this book with a young couple I know whose baby passed away at 2 months. They know he's in Heaven and I think the way Colton talked about the sister who was miscarried and how he met her in Heaven is very comforting.
on June 7, 2016
While this work is well written and most definitely an intriguing read, I found I could not get past my skepticism. While I very much consider myself a man of faith, one cannot help but wonder how coincidental it is for the child of a preacher to be lucky enough to experience the afterlife God has prepared for us firsthand.

Now, is it possible God chose this child BECAUSE he is the son of a preacher? Of course. However, my suspicions of a child growing up in what I'm assuming to be a household of very strong religious traditions to be able to experience something so life altering were not easily surmountable.

With that said, it is an interesting read and quite thought provoking. Definitely the type of book to spark a family discussion around the dinner table, or with your friends at the next holiday party.