Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11,480 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,352 reviews
on May 20, 2017
Having just experienced my husband Tom's passing, I found the descriptions by Colton of the death experience to be very comforting. This little boy was able to lift me from a feeling of deep separation from Tom, to feeling Tom's comforting presence. In the Burpos' angst in the Colton's illness arose much spiritual understanding and hope in life everlasting. Colton made death as normal as getting an ice cream cone on a Saturday afternoon. We are right now planning my husband's memorial and I approach it with greater joy than I could have imagined. .
on September 15, 2014
I loved the book.!~!~! There are many people who did not believe that this child really went to heaven but I do. I have a friend who had a similar experience & she said that the way Colton described Heaven was all true.!~!~! I feel this happened so that they would write a book to give the world a glimpse of heaven so that hopefully the people who just weren't sure about God & were sitting in the line would see through the eyes of a child that there is a Heaven & Jesus was who he said he was.!~!~! Thank the Lord for letting a very bright little boy who was almost 4 yrs old see what Heaven is like & have him remember what he saw so he could tell his parents. He didn't just sit down with a big story right away. He took his time & when he remembered something he told his parents. That too is how a 4 yr old would do things. They may not remember everything right away but when something reminded him of something he saw or have it just come into his thoughts he told his parents. PRAISE GOD for all that he has allowed us to see.!~!~! GOD BLESS Colton & his father for sharing his story.
on February 10, 2014
I liked everything about this book and Colton's descriptions of Jesus, God, & the Holy Sporit. The way he described Heaven was so familiar to me because during my mother's last days she described Heaven and how the colors of Heaven were not like the colors we see here on earth. She described hearing my brother who passed away two years before her; also describing the stairway to Heaven (all what she described and what Colton described is backed up by the scriptures). Reading Heaven is For Real brought back memories of my last days with my Mom and knowing I will see her again. Thanks to the Burpo family for sharing your family to the world by writing this book. This book and Colton's experience in Heaven truly blessed me. I want to share this book with a young couple I know whose baby passed away at 2 months. They know he's in Heaven and I think the way Colton talked about the sister who was miscarried and how he met her in Heaven is very comforting.
on August 26, 2012
I've always been a Christian and believed in God, though like most people, had doubts at times, especially when life is coming on strong and things just don't seem to be going your way. However, due to recent events and things that have happened over the course of my years on earth, my faith is getting stronger by the day. Reading this book has also helped my faith in immense ways that I can't even explain. In this book, Colton Burpo experiences things that many people would say are circumstantial, however, being so young and explaining things beyond the realm of a child's mind are proof enough for me.

There are going to be skeptics, but I just want to thank the Burpo family for sharing this magnificent experience with the world. I recently lost three family members in a matter of two years, (one in which the 2nd year anniversary is coming up tomorrow) and it has given me good comfort in knowing that I will for sure, see them all one day again up in heaven, and as Colton has promised, I'm going to love it.

Not many books move me as emotionally as this one did. I found myself crying at certain parts, and one area that had me teary eyed the most was when people ask if their are animals and heaven, and the answer was yes. I've had so many people tell me that animals do not go to heaven because they don't have souls. I've always brushed that assumption aside and told myself they would be. My idea of heaven has always been that you will be surrounded by the things that made you happiest on the earth. Well for me, a large part of my happiness is animals. I have an 8 year old German Shepherd that I -know- will be with me in heaven, and Colton confirming that there were various types of animals up there gave me a peace so deep that I did find myself crying at that part. I stopped reading and texted my sister - I was so thrilled to hear that. Also, the twelve year old girl who paints images of heaven and things in heaven, but came from atheist family and never grew up with the bible in her house - that's FAR from coincidental and is plenty proof that HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!

Again, I thank the Burpo family for sharing this. If you're going through a hard time, read this book. Even if you're not, read it anyway. I think everyone should read it!! If I could rate this book higher than five stars, I would!

God bless!
on January 31, 2013
I've been a student of scripture for over 20 years, and have found nothing in this book to be esoteric, or out of order scripturally. I really like how they list the scriptures that support little Colton's experience in the back of the book. My only problem was that I felt it took too long to get to the heaven part. The first half of the book reads more like the trials and tribulations of the Burpo family than it does a description of what heaven is like. I guess it was necessary because it makes the story more credible. Had it not been for the text to speech function on my Kindle however, I may have lost interest before it got to the good part. Maybe they should come out with a Cliff Notes version, or better yet, a movie for those like me who have short attention spans.

Once we got to the second half however, the book really picked up. When I got to the end, I kind of had that "it's over already?" feeling you get when you watch a good movie that ends too abruptly. It almost makes me wonder when the sequel is coming out. Thankfully there will be a sequel coming out. Except I'm not looking for another book, I'm looking forward to the real thing. This book will really make you think about heaven, and will give you that "I can't wait to get there" feeling.

FYI, there are lots of interviews with the Burpo family on Youtube. Check them out.
on March 27, 2014
I began very skeptical and even a bit bothered by some of the flowery descriptions of time, place, scenery, etc...I think I was hoping or expecting more of a clear and linear description and story. But I stuck with it, and came to see that the details were quite helpful in the end. Who knows, maybe it was bad pizza that made my initial perspective so negative, but in the end, I see the description and reporting of what Colton saw in heaven as a truly encouraging reminder, and nothing less than completely validating of my faith. The Bible is NOT just a story. It is THE story...a true reporting of our history. Heaven (literally) knows that thousands have tried unsuccessfully to prove the Bible to be false. No wonder God appreciates the pure and open mind of a child. I encourage you to read this book...if it gets slow, stick with it. And remember ... Heaven IS for REAL!!
on July 10, 2014
This little boy has seen the true heaven! I should be dead by all rights.. I knew there was a higher power "God" when I was at my worst, I wanted to die so bad because of the pain I was in.. My faith today is so strong!! My sister was born and lived for three hours, I believe thru Colton's story, that she is in heaven, I kinda always believed it, but that little boy reassured me.. My mom has recently passed away from cancer, but somehow I know that she is with my sister in heaven! My faith in God will always be strong.. Why? So much has happened in my life to make me understand that heaven and God are real..I have two diseases, MS and Crohn's, but it's ok because I look at my life as a blessing and not a curse! I know that God has always been there for me and one day, I hope to live in his kingdom.. This book just proves that there is and always will be faith in our hearts! Colton, thank you for the "magic" of your journey! Stay Strong little one, you are one of Gods children!
on July 16, 2014
The thing with this book is that the boy's family's faith is so strong, so pervasive in their lives, that they seem predisposed to believe the child when he talks about going to heaven. The boy says, "Jesus's cousin John is really nice" and the father tells the mom, "He said he met John the Baptist." That is not what the boy said, but is a good example of hearing and interpreting things the way you want to hear and interpret. The flaws are with the story, though, not with the book, which is an easy narrative to follow and uses time effectively. It makes for a good book club discussion, or even a book a child can read (my 11 year old did) to open up a family discussion about your own beliefs regarding heaven, the Bible, and your faith.
on May 31, 2014
I have never been so convinced ever before that heaven is real. This book solidifies my belief. I always thought of the holy spirit as white like a dove but after reading this book I know he is not. The book tells me I have to change, to acquire the gentleness of a child not the harshness of an adult. I believe now that even though we all do some bad things that God loves us, really loves us. I also believe that Jesus is more beautiful than I ever thought. Reading this book has made me concretely believe there is a heaven and it is more beautiful than I ever imagined in my wildest dreams. This book gave me an inner peace and contentment I never knew I could feel. This book gives me the direction I have always prayed for. I believe in God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
on July 7, 2011
Heaven is for Real is a book for believers. It is the story of a little boy, who enters heaven while undergoing emergency surgery. Over the course of months and years after the surgery, certain comments are made by the boy, that make his dad (a pastor) wonder if his son truly went to heaven. The boy, Colton, points out a series of things that he could have otherwise never known about had he not visited heaven, such as meeting a sister who he never knew his mother had previously miscarried, and meeting his dad's Pop. Though these, and other things presented in the book are interesting, and may be "proof" of heaven, I'd be interested to see this book from a non-believers viewpoint. As someone who already believes in heaven, the boy's experience seems to have been for real, however, I do not believe this to be a book that non-believers would suddenly read and "see the light."

It's also kind of a slow read, though quick at the same time. The story seems VERY drawn out, narrated by the viewpoint of Colton's father. It is more like he is giving a presentation, than trying to engage the reader in the story. It goes in circles, from talking about a vacation that the family goes on, where Colton first makes a comment, then back to before that event, and then back again up to the event. Still, despite the weird style of the book, it's something that one who believes in God or heaven may enjoy.