Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 380 reviews(2 star). See all 15,196 reviews
on May 17, 2014
if i was his father who happens to be a preacher and my son dropped these little tidbits I would go into a deeper research of what he experienced. I feel it could have some thrush to it but doubt enters my mind as it is being told bby the father who has a mission based on his interpretation of the bible yet does not seem to really ask the questions that need to be asked. Do not recommend unless you are research on near death experiences.
on May 19, 2014
Considering the fact that the movie did so well and everyone I know said that it was a "must read" I found it hard to even get through this tiny book. I believe that Colton did transcend to the other side and mingle with those there however (and I am Catholic) the fact that it was so very heavily filled with Christian references and the strong conviction of you can only get to heaven by being a Christian turned me off and I felt as though his father did some "brainwashing" as he was at a child's most impressionable age when this all took place. Too much embellishment in my opinion although I do believe that "heaven is for real".
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 19, 2014
If the little boy came from a non-religious family it would be more believable. It just seems to be too "made for sales" book. Americans are currently looking for hope somewhere & I think that's why it was so popular. I am a Christian myself & I had a hard time with it. Maybe its all true, but it just didn't seem right to me for some reason so the book was like a fiction book to me.
on January 2, 2015
I couldn't shake feeling manipulated by Todd Burpo. I didn't want to be a cynic on this one but I couldn't shake that either. Obviously there are things in Colton's recounting that seem inconsistent, create more questions than answers or don't make logical sense but then why should heaven need to make sense-perhaps it's tailored to each of us and need not make sense to anyone else. Still, I found myself uncomfortable with what I perceived to be Todd selling Colton to us and creating a "guileless" little boy out of central casting. Sorry.
on March 28, 2014
A little over the top. Seems to be a little boy who got very sick and vividly saw many of the tails he heard his pastor father preach about. Many of the details seem to have been fed to the child over a long period of time. I read about 75% of the book and couldn't read anymore. If you want a real testimony read Proof of Heaven it's much more believable Heaven is for real borders on scam content.
on August 11, 2014
I believe this story is about the imagination of a small child. the Bible does not say anything about ANYONE
going to Heaven and coming back to tell the story. The Bible also says, ' Eye hath no seen nor hears heard the great things that God has in store for us." People did die and were brought back to life but, the Bible is silent about where they were or what they saw. Out of body experiences are possible but I do not believe that they left this earth and went elsewhere!
on June 15, 2014
The author's incredulity at some of his son's religious comments left me incredulous. Is the former trying to say that the son of a pastor would offer religious interpretations of his experience from within a vacuum? This left me incredulous. So did the author's spinning of his son's experiences into lengthy sermons. The boy's received knowledge of the miscarriage was most noteworthy, but even that he could have overheard. (Most give children far less cognitive credit than they deserve.) I don't doubt that the youngster experienced an out-of-body, after-life experience similar to what many others have reported. I just object to how the father investigated, interpreted and reported it.
on July 14, 2011
I wanted to love this book. I truly did. But from the beginning, this wasn't a story about a child who had an (alleged) after-life experience. It is all about the father, and his interpretation of things his child said (some odd, some innocuous, but few that really made me go "wow!" (My kids say things all the time from which I could 'interpret' some higher-power meaning, if I try.)

Cute & uplifting? Yes. Awe-inspiring & life-changing? Not even close.
on June 7, 2014
I was very anxious to read this book. Heaven from the eyes of a child was so intriguing. This book, however, was extremely disappointing. I am a Christian. I do believe in an afterlife. This book wasn't so much about the boy's experience as the father's agenda. I do believe the little boy briefly saw Heaven. I do believe he met Jesus. But I also firmly believe that it was so embellished by the father, it diminished what could have been a powerful and insightful story
on August 9, 2014
Dragged on and on for such a tiny book. everyone else was commenting on the believability, I do believe children get a glimpse of heaven during deathly illness, but this book dragged it our way too far. I could not wait to get to the end, just to see if it had one redeeming page. Sorry, it was poorly written and no redemption came about. I hope the movie does it justice. my sister loved the movie, But the book was torture.