Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

15,169
Heaven is for Real for Little Ones
Format: Board book|Change

on September 15, 2014
I loved the book.!~!~! There are many people who did not believe that this child really went to heaven but I do. I have a friend who had a similar experience & she said that the way Colton described Heaven was all true.!~!~! I feel this happened so that they would write a book to give the world a glimpse of heaven so that hopefully the people who just weren't sure about God & were sitting in the line would see through the eyes of a child that there is a Heaven & Jesus was who he said he was.!~!~! Thank the Lord for letting a very bright little boy who was almost 4 yrs old see what Heaven is like & have him remember what he saw so he could tell his parents. He didn't just sit down with a big story right away. He took his time & when he remembered something he told his parents. That too is how a 4 yr old would do things. They may not remember everything right away but when something reminded him of something he saw or have it just come into his thoughts he told his parents. PRAISE GOD for all that he has allowed us to see.!~!~! GOD BLESS Colton & his father for sharing his story.
on November 26, 2017
I found the story intriguing, and I do believe in the afterlife. I thought the book was well written, an easy read as I picked it up one night shortly after the death of my son, and read it front to back in about 3 hours. I would feel a little better about the contents and message in the book if it was not commercialized as much as it was, such as a movie, website, etc. It just leaves the taste that maybe, and I would hate to think it was, that the story and message was written for "profit", as it seems it was a, in todays world, "successful" book which generated a lot of revenue. I had a hard time getting past the fact that, the family, was struggling financially before the book was written, and then the story/book comes along providing financial security. Would love to administer a lie detector test to the child, who is now older, to test the validity of the story and contents of the book. But, I hold out hope.
on February 22, 2014
Great book. I have believe that heaven is real. I was13 yrs old when I went there. I had a severe injury that put me in the hospital for two weeks. My parents were perplexed by some of the stuff I had seen and told them about. My grandma who died was with me. I thought it was the lady next door, but she was on vacation at the time of the accident. Years later in my twenties I saw photo of grandma and told Mom and Dad it was grandma not the lady that lived next door. I cried and told them grandma has been watching over me. She is the one who told me to go back. She told me my daddy needed me. She said it was time for me to go back. Then I told them more of what I had seen. They said I told them stuff I could not have known.
on January 31, 2013
I've been a student of scripture for over 20 years, and have found nothing in this book to be esoteric, or out of order scripturally. I really like how they list the scriptures that support little Colton's experience in the back of the book. My only problem was that I felt it took too long to get to the heaven part. The first half of the book reads more like the trials and tribulations of the Burpo family than it does a description of what heaven is like. I guess it was necessary because it makes the story more credible. Had it not been for the text to speech function on my Kindle however, I may have lost interest before it got to the good part. Maybe they should come out with a Cliff Notes version, or better yet, a movie for those like me who have short attention spans.

Once we got to the second half however, the book really picked up. When I got to the end, I kind of had that "it's over already?" feeling you get when you watch a good movie that ends too abruptly. It almost makes me wonder when the sequel is coming out. Thankfully there will be a sequel coming out. Except I'm not looking for another book, I'm looking forward to the real thing. This book will really make you think about heaven, and will give you that "I can't wait to get there" feeling.

FYI, there are lots of interviews with the Burpo family on Youtube. Check them out.
on September 20, 2014
I bought this Kindle Fire version because I previously bought the book, but hadn't read it for a while. After I saw the movie, I just had to read the book again because I knew there were a lot of things changed from the book. I love this book. It is well written. It doesn't embellish facts, but tells them like they happened, the bad with the good, like Todd Burpo yelling at God because he didn't think it was fair that so many bad things were happening to his family. I enjoyed the movie, but I enjoyed reading the book so much more and I highly recommend it. It really is an astounding story.
on February 10, 2014
I liked everything about this book and Colton's descriptions of Jesus, God, & the Holy Sporit. The way he described Heaven was so familiar to me because during my mother's last days she described Heaven and how the colors of Heaven were not like the colors we see here on earth. She described hearing my brother who passed away two years before her; also describing the stairway to Heaven (all what she described and what Colton described is backed up by the scriptures). Reading Heaven is For Real brought back memories of my last days with my Mom and knowing I will see her again. Thanks to the Burpo family for sharing your family to the world by writing this book. This book and Colton's experience in Heaven truly blessed me. I want to share this book with a young couple I know whose baby passed away at 2 months. They know he's in Heaven and I think the way Colton talked about the sister who was miscarried and how he met her in Heaven is very comforting.
on January 28, 2013
This was truly such an uplifting and inspirational story that helped me get through a really tough time in my life, when it seems like nothing else could give me hope. There is so much speculation whether this could be true or not but in my opinion, true or not, it really helped open my eyes up a little bit. I believe that the Burpo's honestly believe each and every word that was written and prove to be excellent examples for how to live your life. No one will ever know the truth of the matter until your time comes, and then you won't be able to share it with others, so what does it hurt to just believe a little now?

As being a mother who has also lost a child to miscarriage, it helped me find some peace and understanding that I had not been able to find in the seven years since the miscarriage.

I think I can honestly say that there has been no book that has impacted me quite like this one, to where I can say I still think about it over a year after reading it!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong reading this book, even if it's just to give yourself a little spiritual uplifting (and I am not the most spiritual person, by far - even though I should be!)

Truly touching! There isn't one person that I would not recommend this book to!
on June 5, 2012
I enjoyed this book, even though I consider myself an agnostic. I do believe that there is evidence from near death experiences, that there is something beyond. I did hospice care for a while and educated myself on death and dying, one book, "Final Gifts" was terrific and anything by Elizabeth Kubler Ross.

The thing about this book if you think about it, was that it was written by a minister in a church. The son of the father (the minister) was taught about Jesus, the devil and angels all his life. So, when he was not yet even 4 years old and had this experience, when he was unconscious, I believed that he visualized what he was taught. Then as he got older, he was able to verbalize it better.

If you read or watch documentaries about people who have had near death experiences, they all talk about similar things. The feelings of being loved and safe, the light, the tunnel...able to see their own bodies from above them. Describing things that they could not know unless they were actualy there to see it, but questionable since they were unconscious at the same time. I find the topic facinating, even what this small child experienced is notable.

The book was easy to read, flowed and was interesting. It was a bonus that it was inexpensive too. I loved reading it on my tablet.

Shar
VINE VOICEon December 29, 2013
I've seen Colton Borpo on TV. I've heard the gist of his story, so why would I buy this book? I wanted to read the rest. It's a great story, and offers such encouragement to Christians and non-Christians alike. It offers explanations of the knotty questions most thoughtful people wrestle with: Why do bad things happen to good people? Does God care? Does God answer prayer? What happens when we die?

I found it refreshing that the narrator, a Christian preacher and pastor, had these same questions. He tried to be careful in gleaning the answers.

Had this Kindle edition been complete it would easily have merited 5 stars. Mangled formatting made some chapters tough to follow. But if you keep reading you can parse it out. I highly recommend this book. It's to be shared and discussed, and gifted to any friends and family you care about.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 1, 2014
I really did enjoy this book. I decided to read it when my mom mentioned it to me and, perhaps shamefully, when I saw that it was made into a movie. When I first purchased it, I thought it would just be an account of a little boy's exceptional experience. There are many, many stories by various people with similar tales, so I thought this book wouldn't be any different. The fact that this experience happened to a little boy may have been the driving decision to purchase this book instead of one based on an adult's experience. I do trust children more so than adults when it comes to truth-telling.

However, even though it is about a little boy's experience, the way this book is written became a source of incredible learning. I consider myself Nondenominational. I do not attend church and I have only read bits and pieces of the Bible. I am not as "devoted" as I probably should be. That's why I believe this book spoke volumes to me.

Todd Burpo includes references to the Bible that really do match up to his son's experience, but what I got most out of this book was learning about the power of God, the love He and Jesus shares for everyone, and how pure honesty is so much louder than selected prayer. You have to read the book to know what I'm talking about. The most incredible thing about this book is that I actually felt enlightened. I did not expect that from reading this. I was enlightened.

Even if you don't believe a word in this book, I do feel that there is something to learn. This book was quite surprising and I'm glad I've read it.