Oil month Automotive Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on September 11, 2014
I loved the book! Heaven is for Real is an uplifting story. I read many of the reviews and was disappointed by all of the negative comments. As a society, many have become so cynical to believe this is a true story. As a parent, I can only imagine what a difficult decision it was for this family to tell this beautiful story to the world. I can only say "Thank You to Colten and the rest of the Burpo family for sharing your story. It gives us all hope that our life on this earth may end, but our journey will continue on!
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2017
Even the most faithful often have moments of doubt

Even the most faithful have moments of doubt, moments when they wish for absolute certainty, And this book speaks to those moments beautifully. Whether you wonder about what's next for yourself or someone you lost, this will give you something to think and pray about.
on May 26, 2014
The story is well written. I have yet to see the movie. I have no doubt this child is telling what he believes to be a true story. I hope it is true as well. As the story progresses and the boy begins to elaborate on his tale at his father's prompting, I couldn't help but feel he was embellishing. Clearly the fact the he was raised around his preacher father's life style and sermons gave him more material on which to draw than say a child raised in a zero faith family. I do however hope and feel he experienced something.
on January 22, 2015
It's a lovely book to read. I really believed that Colton Burpo saw Heaven and met the people he says were in Heaven. But on a few occasions I read claims Colton made which made me wonder about the veracity of everything he said he experienced. In this day and age of super weapons and intricate computer hacking, why would the angels of heaven still carry swords? Are the swords imbued with miraculous powers or does God not allow high technology in Heaven????
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 17, 2014
They say a book is always better than the movie which is why I decided to buy the book and not just watch the movie. As I have not seen the movie for comparison, I can't remark on how the book compares to the movie.

The book is good although I feel that the writer drags things out a bit much. It feels like the writer is trying to make the book longer by dragging out the story line. Although this is an author issue and not a story issue.

This is a certainly a faith building story.
on March 4, 2018
It's a very Nice little story although it ends a bit abruptly. Sounds like a great little Small town American family.
on March 16, 2018
Easy reading. Great topic. Helps me understand the movie a bit better.
on June 10, 2014
Stories like this are so important to help in the healing of grief. This little boy has been touched by the hand of God to bring a message to grieving parents, or anyone who has suffered a loss so crippling that they are unable to function in every day life. There is life beyond this one and he is living proof. He is proof there is hope, and a world that holds many blessings.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2014
What a comfort! As a Christian, this reaffirms all that I was told growing up, but believed in as an adult. Having just list my husband, it is wonderful to know He is there and know that because of the love of God and Jesus, I get to go there too. Thank you for sharing this story!
on June 1, 2014
This is the most wonderful and inspiring book that I have read in a very long time. I truly believe this little boy's story because there is no possible way of him knowing these people and events unless it actually happened to him. I would recommend this book to everyone, no matter what your beliefs are.